ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chuk85
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by Chuk85 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:23 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:18 pm
Chuk85 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:12 pm
HI

Long time reader first time poster, just have a quick question with the online system.

I have never had a resident permit card (alway had my ILR stamp in my old passport). the online sytem asks a few questions about this and then just leaves it. Will HO reject my application and make me get residency card? No.

It also asked for no evidence of knowlwledge of language from the checklist . will they come back to me for it? If you got your ILR BEFORE 28th October 2013, you need LIUK and B1 English from a provider on the Current HO list. If you are from an exempt English speaking county, you don't need English test but you still need LIUK.

Any help would be apriciated, thanks in advance.
Reading your Timeline post, I see you are not from an English exempt country but your UK degree is fine.

Did you submit your LIUK test pass notification letter too??? This is mandatory.
yeah i included the LIUK pass notification, it was on the documents list.

but the UK degree was not, so didnt send it. Do you think they will come back and ask for it?

k55
Newly Registered

Post by k55 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:18 pm

Hi all

I am filling out the online application now and have a few questions.

I don't want to send my passport along with the application as I used my national ID to take the life in the UK and the guidance says you are expected to enclose the same document with your application. So on the @Do you have a valid passport" question I have selected No and explained I need to keep it for travel. Next question is "Do you have a valid National ID card" to which I''ve responded Yes. The next question is "Do you have a travel document?"

So my question is, for the purposes of this application is the EU National ID card the same as a Travel Document? If I select NO on this question, the next one is "Explain why you are unable to provide either a valid national ID card or a travel document" but I have clearly provided my National ID card info.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:19 pm

Chuk85 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:05 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:23 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:18 pm
Chuk85 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:12 pm
HI

Long time reader first time poster, just have a quick question with the online system.

I have never had a resident permit card (alway had my ILR stamp in my old passport). the online sytem asks a few questions about this and then just leaves it. Will HO reject my application and make me get residency card? No.

It also asked for no evidence of knowlwledge of language from the checklist . will they come back to me for it? If you got your ILR BEFORE 28th October 2013, you need LIUK and B1 English from a provider on the Current HO list. If you are from an exempt English speaking county, you don't need English test but you still need LIUK.

Any help would be apriciated, thanks in advance.
Reading your Timeline post, I see you are not from an English exempt country but your UK degree is fine.

Did you submit your LIUK test pass notification letter too??? This is mandatory.
yeah i included the LIUK pass notification, it was on the documents list.

but the UK degree was not, so didnt send it. Do you think they will come back and ask for it?
You are required to submit evidence of meeting the English language requirement AND the LIUK test pass letter. The form is very clear on this. You should have submitted your UK degree as evidence of meeting the English requirement.

They might write to you, they might not.

Members have faced refusal and loss of fee for not submitting the required documentation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:05 pm

abhishek_10 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:55 am
abhijack wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:07 pm
hari.s wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:30 pm
abhijack wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:10 pm
I am completing the online form and have a query / issue at the English language requirement section.

I am using LIUK + Trinity B1 (passed last Friday).

However, I am also asked to answer whether my degree was taught in English. (In the paper form I understand you can ignore this question as its an OR to English test)

If I answer the truth that it was taught in English - at the document stage I am asked to provide NARIC certificate. I took Trinity exam as I didn't want to go the NARIC route.
If the answer that my degree was not taught in English the NARIC thing goes off my document list, however, this will be a false answer.

Any suggestions what to do?
Hi abhijack - did you find a solution to this?

I am not fully certain what the fix is.
No, fix yet.
I didn't get any suggestions here to get around this issue.

Unfortunately, I cant answer NO to degree taught in English as I had used this for ILR. But at that time I didn't need NARIC.

Looks like I will have to use the paper form!!
Why don't you click the option "Proved English knowledge at time of ILR" if your ILR was post 2013?
ILR was in 2012.
I think its a technical mistake in the online form.
It should allow us to skip one or the other English language proof.
The only way here to skip is to answer NO to degree taught in English question, which I cant as I said YES at the time of ILR ( at that time all I needed to say was previously approved by PBS database and send letter proof from university).

Is there any number of HO I can ring to point out this technical issue. I tried the generic number and didnt get much luck.

CourtneyRad
Newly Registered

Post by CourtneyRad » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:01 pm

Not sure if anyone knows this exactly, but I read previously that you have to be present in the UK at the time the HO open your application, and you also have to have been present in the UK 3 years prior to submitting your application (for spouses).

1. If applying for citizenship online, when would be considered the 'application opened' date?
2. What is considered the 3 year date when applying online: Submitting online, paper documents received, or payment taken?

Cheers!

Lalonde
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Post by Lalonde » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:29 pm

If you had the option, would you rather the old original EU passport or wait until they come up with a new design?

Do they include the photos you send with the passport application or the one taken during the biometrics enrollment at naturalisation?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:39 am

Lalonde wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:29 pm
Do they include the photos you send with the passport application or the one taken during the biometrics enrollment at naturalisation?
The photo you submit with the application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lalonde
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Post by Lalonde » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:48 am

Real panicking right now as I cannot locate my UK degree certificate which was going to be proof of my English language. As it’s been said before here, my list of what documents to send doesn’t ask for it, just my Life in the UK test, but I was going to take it with me to the NDRS to take a copy anyway. Will they be satisfied with a non original of it I can obtain from my work HR? I got my ILR last year and the stupid HO have seen my certificate on multiple occasions (been applying for visas since 2005) however here we are! They still need proof I can speak English :x :cry:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:50 am

Lalonde wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:48 am
Real panicking right now as I cannot locate my UK degree certificate which was going to be proof of my English language. As it’s been said before here, my list of what documents to send doesn’t ask for it, just my Life in the UK test, but I was going to take it with me to the NDRS to take a copy anyway. Will they be satisfied with a non original of it I can obtain from my work HR? I got my ILR last year and the stupid HO have seen my certificate on multiple occasions (been applying for visas since 2005) however here we are! They still need proof I can speak English :x :cry:
You need originals. Makes no difference if HO have had them in the past.

Also, this topic is specifically for questions about the online form and not for general citizenship questions. You have you should start your own topic and post your other questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Lalonde
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Post by Lalonde » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:14 am

I already satisfied my English language requirement when obtaining the ILR last year though, it has already been discussed by another user a few posts ago, so why would they need my certificate again? Also if it is indeed required, why is it not in the documents checklist you obtain at the end of the online application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:59 am

Lalonde wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:14 am
I already satisfied my English language requirement when obtaining the ILR last year though, it has already been discussed by another user a few posts ago, so why would they need my certificate again? Also if it is indeed required, why is it not in the documents checklist you obtain at the end of the online application?
Then tick the box that states you used it for ILR after 28th October 2013. But you should be aware that HO can and often do ask for evidence after you have submitted your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jaeger
Mood:

Post by Jaeger » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:55 pm

Online application for naturalisation was made on 01/03/2018. Submitted via NDRS + JCAP on 05/03/2018. Does Home Office even sends out an acknowledgement letter for online applications? No email received from them as of yet. All we got is PNN and Unique Application Number which are on Document Checklist.

All in all we found the new process to be quite smooth. It's much easier to type all information online rather than having to fill out paper-based Form AN. Also being able to pay straight away as well as getting a biometrics letter instantly was quite convenient.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:49 pm

abhijack wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:05 pm

ILR was in 2012.
I think its a technical mistake in the online form.
It should allow us to skip one or the other English language proof.
The only way here to skip is to answer NO to degree taught in English question, which I cant as I said YES at the time of ILR ( at that time all I needed to say was previously approved by PBS database and send letter proof from university).

Is there any number of HO I can ring to point out this technical issue. I tried the generic number and didnt get much luck.
Hello fellow users and senior members.
Is there anyway I can highlight a technical error in the online application form to HO and get it rectified?

Socksthecat
Newly Registered
Kiribati

Post by Socksthecat » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:14 pm

Hi Abhijack,

I am doing the online form now and I see there a line at the top which says:
"BETA This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it."

The workd 'feedback' is hyperlinked so I presume you can click on it and let them know. This is an important glitch you raise and should be corrected.

Socksthecat

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:53 pm

Socksthecat wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:14 pm
Hi Abhijack,

The workd 'feedback' is hyperlinked so I presume you can click on it and let them know. This is an important glitch you raise and should be corrected.

Socksthecat
Thanks for the suggestion. I have given feedback and here are my suggestions to them..
5. Was there anything that you found difficult to use or understand throughout the application process? Please tell us in the box below.

There is a technical error in the online form relating to English language requirement.
The form asks whether the degree was taught in English and its mandatory to answer this question.
It should be made optional for people who use Trinity/IELTS English Test (B1) as evidence.

For example in my case:
My degree was taught in English. However, I decided to take Trinity English Test as the guidance state I need either English test OR NARIC letter for degree taught in English.
If I answer the Degree taught in English as YES, I am asked to tick in the documents section that I will be sending NARIC certificate. I am not using NARIC and am instead using the Trinity B1 certificate.

6. Based on your experience, if you could do one thing to improve the application process, what would it be? Please tell us in the box below.

I hope the technical error in the form will be corrected to make it compliant with the English language requirement as the Naturalisation guidance.
i.e make answering the question about LIUK test mandatory and let the user choose between answering the question about EITHER Degree taught in English OR English Test (B1) rather than BOTH.
Now I am forced to use the paper form due to this error. If this error is rectified more people like me could make use of this otherwise well designed online application form.

Socksthecat
Newly Registered
Kiribati

Post by Socksthecat » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:35 am

abhijack wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:53 pm
Socksthecat wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:14 pm
Hi Abhijack,

Socksthecat
Thanks for the suggestion. I have given feedback and here are my suggestions to them..

That's good Abhijack. I am in a similar situation as you with regard to the English language, and have given them very similar feedback as you have. HOwever I am toying with the idea of sticking to the online form, writing 'no' to degree in English, and in the cover letter explaining why I have had to write that even though my degree is in English. There is provision to upload attachments like this, later in the form.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:35 am

CourtneyRad wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:01 pm
Not sure if anyone knows this exactly, but I read previously that you have to be present in the UK at the time the HO open your application, and you also have to have been present in the UK 3 years prior to submitting your application (for spouses).

1. If applying for citizenship online, when would be considered the 'application opened' date?
2. What is considered the 3 year date when applying online: Submitting online, paper documents received, or payment taken?

Cheers!
It would be useful if you continued your questions in your existing topic you already have instead of tagging different questions onto different topics.

Applying online is the date of the application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:49 pm

Socksthecat wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:35 am

That's good Abhijack. I am in a similar situation as you with regard to the English language, and have given them very similar feedback as you have. HOwever I am toying with the idea of sticking to the online form, writing 'no' to degree in English, and in the cover letter explaining why I have had to write that even though my degree is in English. There is provision to upload attachments like this, later in the form.
Good suggestion.

Another possibility is:
> answer YES to degree taught in English
> tick NARIC in the documents page (will have to do to progress to next page)
> then explain in cover letter why we are not sending NARIC letter. I.e as we are using Trinity B1 and make reference to guidance

Another query:

Where do I include details of a speeding ticket?
Is it in the civil judgement or penalty section?
And do I mention it as 'speeding ticket' or is there a technical term for that?

I had a speeding ticket in 2015 and did speed awareness course hence have a clean driving license.

CourtneyRad
Newly Registered

Post by CourtneyRad » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:35 am
CourtneyRad wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:01 pm

Cheers!
It would be useful if you continued your questions in your existing topic you already have instead of tagging different questions onto different topics.

Applying online is the date of the application.
Sorry, from reading other threads I've seen this done countless times so I thought it was the norm.

onwajunior
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by onwajunior » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:04 pm

tiger-bonzo wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:08 pm
Did that, tried three computers with different operating systems - Windows, Linux, MacOS X, various browsers. still nothing.
Hi tiger-bonzo,

Did you get your issue sorted? I am in the same situation and now 8 days but still have the same problem. Please let me know what you did. Thanks

LAL002
Newly Registered

Post by LAL002 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:23 pm

I've come to the part of the online application where it's asking for Convictions and other penalties.

All I have is 1 FPN and 3 points on my driving license, offence date was in 2016.

Of all the options given, I picked "A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance". Is this the right choice given that I was never disqualified?

There is another option at the end "No, I have never had any of these".

Getting quite confused here. Can anyone else who's had a similar situation please help?

pabloesc
Newly Registered

Post by pabloesc » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:45 am

LAL002 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:23 pm
I've come to the part of the online application where it's asking for Convictions and other penalties.

All I have is 1 FPN and 3 points on my driving license, offence date was in 2016.

Of all the options given, I picked "A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance". Is this the right choice given that I was never disqualified?

Getting quite confused here. Can anyone else who's had a similar situation please help?
Perhaps pick that option and explain fully in the section provided for explanations

LAL002
Newly Registered

Post by LAL002 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:08 pm

pabloesc wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:45 am
LAL002 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:23 pm

Perhaps pick that option and explain fully in the section provided for explanations
D'oh! Tried that and that's exactly what I should have done instead of panicking and getting all confused. Thank you!

Ani82

Post by Ani82 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:46 pm

Dear Members
I have applied for British Citizenship through online application when I have confirmed with my council that I still can send my docs and passport and can apply for passport at the same time by paying the fee normally they charge JCAP using their service called NDRS.
As i have applied for my UK born son for registration on the same form.
In the online application Reference Section I couldnt find that I have to provide different kind of reference such as social worker , health carer or teacher for my son untill I downloaded those.
May be i should have read the guide before filling the reference form before filling the form.
I am still able to get the form signed by school teacher but i am worried about the details i have filled in the form and submitted already.
Can anyone advise on this please , I would appreciate your response.
Regards
Ani

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:27 pm

Hello all
I am applying for my wife vise through online.
Can any one tell the procedure of
ONLINE NDRS AND JACP .
WILL B GREAT FULL
THANKS