ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pra_dm
Newly Registered

Documents for Naturalisation

Post by Pra_dm » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:37 pm

Hi,

While going through list of documents for naturalisation application, at the end of the application mentioned to submit below documents.

SECTION 10 Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period:
• payslips
• P60’s
• letter or letters from your employer or employers confirming you have worked in their
employment including start and finish dates

I am a permanent employee, could anyone suggest how many months/years of salary slips i need to submit and do i need to submit attested salary slips? asking because i have three employments in last 2 years. It would be great if someone can give the list of documents to be submitted for naturalisation.

One more query, if i submit online application do i need to submit my passport aswell? or they council will check and return my passport? please help.

Best Regards,
Prasuna.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents for Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:22 am

You don't need payslips. The form asks for your NI number and HO can check.

You can submit P60s if you wish.

If you apply online and use the NDRS service, you get to keep hold of your documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Trabant

Post by Trabant » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:38 pm

When me and my wife applied - we both submitted p60's for the full years of employment and payslips (few of them) for the current year. I do realise it is better to please them - so I always did submit more documents than necessary and it did pay me well (PR within less than a month last year).
Good luck.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:45 pm

Trabant wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:38 pm
When me and my wife applied - we both submitted p60's for the full years of employment and payslips (few of them) for the current year. I do realise it is better to please them - so I always did submit more documents than necessary and it did pay me well (PR within less than a month last year).
Good luck.
Payslips are not required if submitting P60s for naturalization. They serve the same purpose.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:17 am

Trabant wrote:
Good luck.
Additionally, EEA citizens with PR (as your previous posts seem to indicate) require a bit more documentation than non EU citizens with ILR under the UK immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pra_dm
Newly Registered

Post by Pra_dm » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:01 am

Hstepper07 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:45 pm
Trabant wrote:
Good luck.
Payslips are not required if submitting P60s for naturalization. They serve the same purpose.
Hi,

Could you please give me the checklist of documents that you have submitted.

Regards,
Prasu.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:32 pm

This is from Brent NCS.
Documents Required for the Nationality Checking Service:

Completed Application Form (latest version)– The officer is not able to check your application form if it is not completed. If incomplete your appointment will be re-booked and you could lose your deposit. Also, if you have any criminal convictions you may not be able to apply for British citizenship.

Single Adult Application (AN Form) - £1282.00 each

Passport/Travel Document to cover past 5 years (if passport or travel document does not cover past 5 years you will require alternative evidence, see below)
Confirmation of Indefinite Leave to Remain (held for 12 months or more) or Permanent Residence card if you are an EEA National (held for 12 months or more)

Life in UK for all countries
PLUS
- ESOL B1 from an approved test centre or any degree taught in English , if done abroad you need to get two covering letters from NARIC UK on 0871 330 7033 (comparability & taught in English medium).

Single Adult Application – Married to a British Citizen (AN Form) - £1282.00 each
Passport/Travel Document to cover past 3 years (if passport or travel document does not cover past 3 years you will require alternative evidence)
Confirmation of Indefinite Leave to Remain or Permanent Residence card if you are an EEA National

PLUS
- ESOL B1 from an approved test centre and or any degree taught in English, if done abroad you need to get two covering letters from NARIC UK on 0871 330 7033 (comparability & taught in English medium).
Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate (accompanied by an official translation if not in English)
Husband’s/Wife’s British Passport or Naturalisation Certificate

IF AN EEA NATIONAL
If you are an EEA National you must hold a permanent residence card or indefinite leave to remain.
If you are an A8 EEA National (entered the EU in 2004) and are working, you must have the Workers Registration.

Alternative Evidence for Adult to cover the past 5 years

P60's
Letter from Employer
Letter from College/University (must read ‘attended’ along with confirmation of start & end date)
Statement of Taxes from Inland Revenue
Child/Family Tax Credit Statement
Child Benefit Letter
Jobseekers Allowance Letter (recently dated and confirming the start & end date)
Income Support Letter (recently dated and confirming the start & end date)
Housing Association Letter (recently dated and confirming the start & end date)

Minor Documents Required (MN1 Form) - £973.00 each

CHILD BORN OUTSIDE OF THE UK (3.1)
Passport/Travel Document and stamp entry into the UK (minor age 13 year and over must cover past 2 years, if passport or travel document does not cover past 2 years you will require alternative evidence)
Confirmation of Indefinite Leave to Remain for Child
Evidence that one parent is/is about to become a British Citizenship
Birth Certificate
School Letter to cover past 2 years for children over 13 years old
Marriage Certificate (if father is applying for child, accompanied by an official translation if not in English)

Alternative Evidence for Minor (to cover past 2 years)
School Letter Child Benefit Letter Child Tax Credit

CHILD BORN IN THE UK (1.3)
Full UK Birth Certificate
Evidence that either parent is of settled status

*These documents are required for the Nationality Checking Service. If you are applying directly to the Home Office you will need to follow the guidance notes provided by the Home Office.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:21 pm

Hstepper07 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:32 pm
PLUS
- ESOL B1 from an approved test centre or any degree taught in English , if done abroad you need to get two covering letters from NARIC UK on 0871 330 7033 (comparability & taught in English medium).
Please don't give out incorrect information. ESOL is no longer accepted and hasn't been since 12 November 2015.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:21 pm
Hstepper07 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:32 pm
PLUS
Please don't give out incorrect information. ESOL is no longer accepted and hasn't been since 12 November 2015.
I just pasted what Brent council recently sent me for NCS appointment. I did not even notice the ESOL as it was not applicable to me. Besides, the focus for OP here is evidence of NI contributions.