ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling after applying for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

back2uk2

Travelling after applying for naturalisation

Post by back2uk2 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:56 pm

Hello,

Sorry if this question has been asked and discussed previously.

I am applying for naturalisation through NCS on 09/01/2017 and then for some office work I have to travel out of UK on 15/01/2017 for a week.

I understand that there is a requirement to be physically present in the UK 5 years before the date of application but is there any requirement to be physically present when the UKVI receives the application?

If I apply through NCS then I am not sure when they will be submitting the application and when the post reaches to UKVI, but this could be in the week when I will be away from UK.

Please provide some guidance.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling after applying for naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:03 pm

I understand that there is a requirement to be physically present in the UK 5 years before the date of application but is there any requirement to be physically present when the UKVI receives the application?
No there is not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eagleeyed
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by eagleeyed » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:07 pm

back2uk2 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:56 pm
Hello,

Sorry if this question has been asked and discussed previously.

I am applying for naturalisation through NCS on 09/01/2017 and then for some office work I have to travel out of UK on 15/01/2017 for a week.

If I apply through NCS then I am not sure when they will be submitting the application and when the post reaches to UKVI, but this could be in the week when I will be away from UK.

Please provide some guidance.

Thanks.
Hi there, I had the same dilemma (albeit travelling 3 weeks after my application) - if you're only going for a week, I don't think you have anything to worry about as it is likely that you will receive the biometrics letter about 10 days after you apply (based on recent trends on here) and you have 15 days to submit them from the date of the letter. You should be absolutely fine to travel for a week a week after submission. :)

back2uk2

Post by back2uk2 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:37 pm

I was searching through the forum and found this discussion :-

british-citizenship/can-i-travel-after- ... 15365.html

It seems there was once a requirement to be physically present in UK when UKVI receives the application.

Thanks for your replies.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:22 pm

You will have to submit Biometrics again within a given time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:41 am

back2uk2 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:37 pm
I was searching through the forum and found this discussion :-

british-citizenship/can-i-travel-after- ... 15365.html

It seems there was once a requirement to be physically present in UK when UKVI receives the application.

Thanks for your replies.
The topic you have posted is from 2012. Things change and the requirement to be in the UK on the date that HO receives your application changed a few years ago.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

back2uk2

Post by back2uk2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:58 am

Hello,

I have received my Naturalisation application approval/ invitation for booking ceremony, I have not booked the ceremony yet, however could you help me knowing whether I can travel out of UK between this day (when my application is approved ) and the day when I attend the ceremony?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:59 am

back2uk2 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:58 am
Hello,

I have received my Naturalisation application approval/ invitation for booking ceremony, I have not booked the ceremony yet, however could you help me knowing whether I can travel out of UK between this day (when my application is approved ) and the day when I attend the ceremony?

Thanks.
You are free to travel. You are only British once you have attended your ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:01 pm

back2uk2 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:58 am
Hello,

Thanks.
Yes. But make double-sure you are back for the ceremony.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

back2uk2

Post by back2uk2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:03 pm

Thanks very much for your quick replies.