ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

50K Interview Letter

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dontworry

50K Interview Letter

Post by dontworry » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:03 am

Hi Guys, Thanks for the help in the past, I have another situation here.

My timeline
Document sent: 3/6/17
Received: 5/6/17
Biometrics Letter received:16/06/17
Biometrics done: 16/06/2017

I received a letter last weeek (10/07/18) which stating, they normally decide in 8 weeks, unfortunately not in my case. It is necessary to interview me and they will send location, time, the date will follow.

My questions are

1) Does anyone know how long it takes them to send me the date and time and interview( from your past experiences)

2) I came to the UK on 29th August 2008, so I can apply for ILR on July 29th. If something happens with my TE1 Visa, can I buy some additional time by switching to another visa for few months

I am confident to attend the interview, I am running a legitimate business. But this is only for an option B

Once again thank you for all the wonderful people in this community,

Kind regards
R K

bubbly123

Re: 50K Interview Letter

Post by bubbly123 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:23 am

Homeoffice can call for interview when they are ready. Are they saying if it is necessary to interview or they wanted to interview?
Did you receive your ihs refund.
There is lot of interview question and answer in this forum.
Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:36 am

2) Following the interview and decision, in case it is unfavourable you can go for an AR which will probably take a month or so. If that is still negative (if you have met the requirements and running a genuine business no reason it should be) then you can make a fresh application within 14 days - could be extension again or anything else. As long as you have a valid application that has not been decided, you can apply to vary it on July 29.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

dontworry

Post by dontworry » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:14 am

Thanks, Bubbly123 and Marcnath,

Yes in the letter they say it is necessary to interview.I haven't received any IHS fund yet.

regarding another application can I apply for FLR FP/ Or any similar application to buy some time while the application is pending, then switch it to ILR?

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:37 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:36 am
2) Following the interview and decision, in case it is unfavourable you can go for an AR which will probably take a month or so. If that is still negative (if you have met the requirements and running a genuine business no reason it should be) then you can make a fresh application within 14 days - could be extension again or anything else. As long as you have a valid application that has not been decided, you can apply to vary it on July 29.
So that means @marcnath tht even after refusal of AR he can apply for fresh tier1 ext application or flr(fp) within 14 days and then vary to iLR on 29 july 2018. As that overstayer time will be disregarded according to 276a and 39e of immigration rules.i am sorry if this has ben discussed many times..thanku for ur input.

qkiyani
Pakistan

Post by qkiyani » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:25 am

marcnath wrote:
Hi,
R u sure that after AR he can re-apply n his 10 year long residency wont break.
i think he can re-apply but he will be overstayer untill his application is decided.
Moderators n senior member can shed light on this matter.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:26 am

qkiyani wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:25 am
marcnath wrote:
Hi,
R u sure that after AR he can re-apply n his 10 year long residency wont break.
i think he can re-apply but he will be overstayer untill his application is decided.
Moderators n senior member can shed light on this matter.
That is an interesting question.
My reading of the immigration rules is that he shouldn't be able to do that precisely for that reason - he is an over stayer and can apply for ILR only after the fresh application is successful.
But there have been cases in the forum where people have successfully varied a fresh application and been approved.
I assume it is because if that variation is successful, the overstay is anyway ignored - so HO ignores it anyway at the time of a successful decision.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:51 pm

To my understanding if your AR is refused then you cannot apply for ILR at all. but I am not sure about it, Marcnath or any other gurus could you please shed some light on this? Specifically if the AR is refused.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:08 pm

nish_patel7 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:51 pm
To my understanding if your AR is refused then you cannot apply for ILR at all. but I am not sure about it, Marcnath or any other gurus could you please shed some light on this? Specifically if the AR is refused.
That is not strictly true. You can still apply for ILR after an AR refusal as below.
If you do a fresh application after an AR refusal and the fresh application is successful, your continuous period for ILR is not affected at all. The overstay period between AR refusal and successful decision on the new application will be ignored.
This is very clear and there is no dispute about that.

The question is whether the fresh application can be varied before a decision on that is made. That is not easy to determine from the immigration rules. All I can say is that there have been cases shared in this forum where people have done this successfully.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi have you got any call or letter regarding your interview Kindly update. My solicitor recieved the same letter today but didn't mention any time , date and location. My time line as followed:

Applied extension: 30/05/2017
IHS Partial Refund: 01/02/2018

I was interviwed at the time of first application. Got refusal and decision over turned by tribunal.
I dont understand why are they taking too long time to decide.

Kindly update.

amit8910
India

Post by amit8910 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:14 pm

I got same letter.

dontworry

Post by dontworry » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:06 am

HI all,
Sorry was busy with work, thank you guys for the clarification.

My timeline
Document sent: 3/6/17
UKVI Received: 5/6/17
Biometrics Letter received:16/06/17
Biometrics done: 16/06/2017
Complex letter received: 10/03/18 (it says there will be an interview soon)

Haven't heard anything after. What I can see from the forum, they are going through last year May June July applications.

When you received your letter does it say Temporary Migration Team 11?

They are probably short of staff to deal with all this application. Now they have another task including Interviewing all the applicants.

I know it is the frustrating and panicking situation, I just focus on each day.

Looking forward to hearing you guys

amit8910
India

Post by amit8910 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:49 pm

I got email from TMT122 email address which using by Tier 1 Team on 05/03/18.However,no news after that.

dontworry

Post by dontworry » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:37 am

HI Guys,

I had a surprise interview at office premises. The interviewer said he tried to contact me so many times no reply ( I think they wanted to do the surprise visit, they didn't contact me on my mobile or landline).We spent nearly 6 hours and around 70 questions.

They thought I wasn't running the business ( Google Map says the different name on the door which is my Trading Name)

He was fine after I explained to him how this happened. He took pictures of my office rooms all of my employees were present.

I can tell you guys, after the interview letter they are interviewing everyone fast

To be honest, I wasn't prepared for this interview at all, but if you run a genuine business then it is fine because they want to see you running a business genuinely.

Ps:
Health and Saftey, Employment law and rights, Employee Wages, Hourly rate, Pension Scheme, Pension Provider, Business Funds, Customers records, Contracts and Invoices etc, etc . you should aware of these things( which you already know)

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:51 am

Hi thanks for update. How many HO rep came 1 or 2. And what time they came

kaps84
Member of Standing

Post by kaps84 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:59 am

@seniors, do they normally mention in the "complex case" letter that "interview is necessary" ? just for information.
-- Kaps84

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:01 am

kaps84 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:59 am
@seniors, do they normally mention in the "complex case" letter that "interview is necessary" ? just for information.
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dontworry

Post by dontworry » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:34 pm

One person turned up at 11PM,

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:51 pm

Ok good luck for ur extension.

dontworry

Post by dontworry » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:14 pm

HI Guys, want to update on this,

I switched my application to ILR in August 2018,Got my Biometics letter again on 8th of January.
Today i have got my Biometrics delivered.

I just want give Thanks to everyone who helped me in this forum.

Many Thanks
R K

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:05 pm

dontworry wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:14 pm
HI Guys, want to update on this,

I switched my application to ILR in August 2018,Got my Biometics letter again on 8th of January.
Today i have got my Biometrics delivered.

I just want give Thanks to everyone who helped me in this forum.

Many Thanks
R K
Did you switch on LR basis?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:27 am

Did u apply ilr on 10 years basis.

dontworry

Post by dontworry » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:32 am

Sorry for the delayed response,

Yes i switched to ILR 10 year basis, Hope this information is helpfull.

intrusive

Post by intrusive » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:56 am

@dontworry when did u switched??

intrusive

Post by intrusive » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:56 am

and many congratulations for your ILR