ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents Visitor Visa from India - Successful - Docs reference

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sg664
Newly Registered
India

Parents Visitor Visa from India - Successful - Docs reference

Post by sg664 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:53 am

I have seen many refusal tales on this forum, and very few successful tales with reference of documents submitted. For the last two months, I had been desperately trying to find that success tale to form an understanding of accurate documents to submit for my parents visit visa.

Following my parents visa approval, I thought I would post my experience so that it might help fellow forum members who are in the same/similar boats.

Since my mom is unemployed I realised applying just for my mom might be risky. So I decided to apply for both my dad (govt. bank employee) and mom (though dad wasn't sure if he can come). Below is the list of documents we have submitted.

We made an application specifying they will be travelling for 4 months.

Main applicants - Parents: (docs list is as per the bar-code separators provided on VFS - I found this easiest way to stack the documents)
Dad: (All the below docs are originals which have been returned)
1. Passport
2. Filled application form
3. Document checklist form (this was filled at VFS after they submitted their application)
4. Employment Evidence
a. Employment certificate (incl hire date, current title and current gross salary)
b. NOC from bank for his travel (same as leave approval letter with confirmation that he will join back upon his return)
c. Payslips (6 months)
d. IT returns (3 years)
5. Financial Evidence
a. Bank Statements (6 months)
b. Plot sale deed (My father owns it)
6. Sponsor Documents
a. see below
7. Proof of relationship
a. Marriage certificate
8. Accommodation
a. Sale deed of flat (my father owns it and parents live in it with my grandmother)
b. Mortgage certificate (for the above)
c. Utility bill - electricity bill (proof of address)
10. Additional Documents (proof of family members staying in India while they travel)
a. My brother's passport copy
b. Paternal grandmother's Aadhar copy (just because she doesn't have a passport)
c. Maternal grandparent's Aadhar copy (same as above)

Mom (All the below are originals):
1. Passport
2. Filled application form
3. Document checklist form (this was filled at VFS after they submitted their application)
4. Financial Evidence
a. Bank Statements (6 months)
c. Affidavit from spouse (signed by my dad confirmation he takes care of her financially and she lives with him in the flat owned by him - with reference to my dad's application and his supporting docs)
b. Plot sale deed - Telugu (My mother owns it)
c. Translated plot deed - English (notorized by lawyer)
d. Same name affidavit (my mom's name was misspelled in the land ownership doc above - notorized by lawyer)
6. Sponsor Documents
a. see below
7. Proof of relationship
a. Marriage certificate
8. Additional Documents (proof of family members staying in India while they travel)
same as by dad's

Sponsor Documents (All the below are originals):
1. Invitation letter
2. Employment Certificate (incl. hire date, current title and gross salary)
3. Payslips (6 months)
4. eP60 (last years)
5. Bank statements (6 months) - I showed funds as £3000 for both my parents)
a. As an afterthought, I also submitted bank statements for my ISA account which held around £4000
6. Tenancy agreement
7. Council tax bill
8. Electricity bill

Note: I haven't written any separate cover letter for either of my parents applications as I didn't understand what else I could write that's not filled in the application letter. I did however explain few things in the extra information section of the application.

Hope this helps alteast one other forum member. If there are any questions, I can clarify (i cant see personal messages yet, so please post here).

sg664
Newly Registered
India

Re: Parents Visitor Visa from India - Successful - Docs reference

Post by sg664 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:09 am

Invitation letter format

<Name>
<Address>
<Date>

To Whom It May Concern

Re: Visitor visa application for:
<Applicant 1> – <Nationality> – <Passport No> - <DOB>
<Applicant 2> – <Nationality> – <Passport No> - <DOB>
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this to confirm that I’m inviting my parents, <Applicant 1 (Relationship)> and <Applicant 2 (Relationship)> to visit me in <Place in UK> from <Start Date> to <End Date>.The purpose of their visit is to do some sightseeing and spend some time with <List of family members in UK>.

I currently work as a <Employment Tittle/Grade> at <Company Name> and earn a salary of <Amount> per annum. <Reason why you are sponsoring them>, so I’m willing to sponsor their visit and pay all the necessary travelling costs and any other maintenance expenses that they might incur during their stay in the UK (in region of about <Amount>). I currently live in a rented property (address above) and will be able to accommodate my parents for the duration of their stay in <Place in UK>.

My parents currently stay in <Accommodation in India> and are regularly visited by their <Immediate family members list in India>. They have <Details of their children in India who are not travelling>. <Details of parents’ parents, if any, who live in India> and my parents visit them regularly over the weekends. They do have savings and have a steady gross income in excess of <Amount> per month (enclosed documents for the same) from my father’s employment as a <Grade/Position>.

I’ve enclosed the following documents, in support of their application:
<List of Sponsor Documents>

Should you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me at <Email address> or <Mobile Number>

Yours sincerely,
<Signature>
<Full Name>
<Passport No>

bluedove

Post by bluedove » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:19 pm

Thanks for your feedback.

Please can you advise how did you make initial application. As I am sponsoring my parents so do I need to apply a visitor visa or is there a different category for sponsorship. I am so confused really so would appreciate if you could guide me in this matter.

sg664
Newly Registered
India

Post by sg664 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:06 pm

The main category would be Visit visa - short stay upto 6 months. And the sub-category would be Family Visitor. I applied the usual way, Online and then book and appointment for them at VFS centre.

aph123
Newly Registered

Post by aph123 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:19 am

Hi sg664 ,

Can you please send me the website link where you submitted the application online and booked appointment.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:47 am

aph123 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:19 am
Hi sg664 ,

Can you please send me the website link where you submitted the application online and booked appointment.
A Google search would have provided you with the information.

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ganiths
Newly Registered
India

Post by ganiths » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi sg664 ,

Congrats on your successful attempt in getting a Visitor Visa for your parents

I am planning to apply for a visitor visa to bring my Wife parents(Father and Mother) to UK for a period of 5 months and i will be sponsoring them. I started filling online application and i have few queries which i hope you will be able to help me.

Below are the questions i have

1) Do we need to submit two applications? One for my father in law and another one for my mother in law

2) Amount you will spend each month

What could be the reasonable amount we can put here? Is there any minimum amount?

Also let say if for both of them spend around 500 GBP per month. Do i need to put 250 for my father in law and 250 for my mother in law. Does the same applies for total expenses in UK?

3)Give details of the main purpose of your visit and anything else you plan to do on your trip

Do i need to put all the cities they are planning to visit?Or should i put only information about the place where am currently living in.

4) In sponsor letter, for returning back to India, am going to mention that they have own property and one of their daughter lives in India? Do i need to submit any proofs for their daughter like their ration card,Voter id card etc

5) What should be the average balance that i need to maintain in my bank account for sponsoring both of them?

Nouman1327
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Nouman1327 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:47 am
aph123 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:19 am
Hi sg664 ,

A Google search would have provided you with the information.

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply
dear,

did you applied their visa from UK(online) or from india?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:19 pm

ganiths wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:39 pm
Hi sg664 ,

I am planning to apply for a visitor visa to bring my Wife parents(Father and Mother) to UK for a period of 5 months and i will be sponsoring them. I started filling online application and i have few queries which i hope you will be able to help me.

1) Do we need to submit two applications? One for my father in law and another one for my mother in law

What could be the reasonable amount we can put here? Is there any minimum amount?

Also let say if for both of them spend around 500 GBP per month. Do i need to put 250 for my father in law and 250 for my mother in law. Does the same applies for total expenses in UK?

3)Give details of the main purpose of your visit and anything else you plan to do on your trip

Do i need to put all the cities they are planning to visit?Or should i put only information about the place where am currently living in.

4) In sponsor letter, for returning back to India, am going to mention that they have own property and one of their daughter lives in India? Do i need to submit any proofs for their daughter like their ration card,Voter id card etc

5) What should be the average balance that i need to maintain in my bank account for sponsoring both of them?
5 months? No chance...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sg664
Newly Registered
India

Post by sg664 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:48 am

ganiths wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:39 pm
Hi sg664 ,

Yes, two separate applications one for each of your parents

I would advise you be as truthful as possible as there is no point in putting any false information. There is no min/ max amounts. If both of your parents are working, you can divide the the expenses accordingly. It would also be better if the expenses also match (not exact amount but similar amount) the withdrawals from the bank account.

Depends on the actual purpose of visit. If they are coming to visit you, mention the same. If they are also planning on sightseeing, its worth also include few main places of interest

I am not sure about ration card or voter id, but if she has a passport, yes worth including it. Or even aadhar card.

I am not completely sure, If its for 5 months and you are sponsoring their visits, I think £2500-3000 should be enough.

dkmca80

Post by dkmca80 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi All,
Just to get some advise about my parents visa to UK.

I am working as an contractor with my own limited company for last 6 yrs so what docs I need to submit from my side?
Also my parents are divorced and I am planning to call both of them? so Can I apply at the same time for both through independent application or apply one parent first and after the outcome of first then apply for the second ?

my parents live in village and farming is the main source of income . they have given the land to someone who sends the money into their accounts every year.

pleas help

Abd ur Rehman
Newly Registered

Post by Abd ur Rehman » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi.

Can anyone help me understand whether I need to get letter of invitation attested or not? Also in Gov.uk website they have a form called "Sponsorship Undertaking: Form SU07" (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... p-form.pdf) what is that for and do I need to attest it from solicitor as well? Do I need to include both letter of invitation and Sponsorship Undertaking form?

I have been searching a lot but couldn't get any answer on that. I am applying for my Mother on standard visitor visa.

Thank you.
Abd

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:20 am

No attestation of invitation letter needed.

No need to get SU07 attested by solicitor either.

SamLon
Newly Registered

Post by SamLon » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:10 am

Very solid list. Thanks. Just what I was looking for.

Just one question; Can I ask about ur status? I wonder if its true that British citizen/ILR people have to provide more evidences that their parents will go back as opposed to visa holders ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:52 am

SamLon wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:10 am

Just one question; Can I ask about ur status? I wonder if its true that British citizen/ILR people have to provide more evidences that their parents will go back as opposed to visa holders ?
No it is not true. For ALL visitor visa applications the applicant(s) must provide evidence of their ties etc and their intention to leave the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

phalanichi
Newly Registered

Post by phalanichi » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:52 am
SamLon wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:10 am

No it is not true. For ALL visitor visa applications the applicant(s) must provide evidence of their ties etc and their intention to leave the UK.
Do the visitor need to have any minimum balance in account if the entir trip is sponsored. my parents are retired and don't have any pension. we will sponsor them completely they live with my brother at the moment who supports them financially