ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for Tier 5 directly??? Help

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

simb21
Newly Registered

Apply for Tier 5 directly??? Help

Post by simb21 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:50 pm

Hi everyone,

My friend who's Taiwanese is interested in applying for the Tier 5 YMS visa. However, they previously said that they had to apply in a lottery and be hand selected to apply for it?

Looking at others experiences online it seems that some people are applying directly through this link? https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk

I know that only South Koreans and Hong Kong nationals require a CoS (Certificate of Sponsor)
So I'm wondering, what's to stop my friend applying directly? Is it a possibility?

Regards, thank you for your help!

The Station Agent

Re: Apply for Tier 5 directly??? Help

Post by The Station Agent » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:17 pm

Yes, apply directly. There's no lottery, but there is a number cap (limit) each year. If the limit has not been reached they can get it if they apply and do the correct payment etc. They must be aged between 18 and 30.

simb21
Newly Registered

Re: Apply for Tier 5 directly??? Help

Post by simb21 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:59 pm

Thanks so much for your reply, really appreciate it!

My only concern is that they go to all of the trouble and expense of applying, only to be told the number cap has already been reached.

I assume they wouldn't let an application be processed if there weren't any spaces left?