ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by UK2018 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:32 am

I received that email on the 3rd day of handing my application in, it came from Sheffield HO, since then it’s has been almost 7months.. how ever please don’t make the same mistake we made and such we waited hoping they will give tomorrow but as of today tomorrow has not come. Please call or email them once you have waited 3months (60 working days), this will escalate your application and hopefully it will help avoid the long delay like mine. I agree you have to be patient but same time you do need to ask questions. May Allah guide us all.

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by UK2018 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:42 am

@ ak80 I’m a bit confused why the HO sent you that email after 53 days, that’s an acknowledgment email to confirm that they have received your application and documents, by saying preparing they mean they are getting all the documents scanned on a computer which will then be passed to the investigation team who will then look at the papers, certificates, payslip etc and if any doubt they will make necessary calls to check on it for example, they will call the employer is they have any doubt on the payslips etc. Once the investigation is completed it will then go to the ECO to make a decision.

Saying that have you received the documents back?

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by UK2018 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:43 am

However please don’t rely on my reply as for I may be wrong. I’m only saying it from my experience and from friends.

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:30 pm

Hello Members:

I applied online application on 15th Nov 2017 for Wife and Toddler on Settlement route for Entry Clearance (Standard, Non Priority) applications.
Received Not Straightforward E-mail on 06th February 2018.
I contacted UKVI on 6th March 2018 for Status update and requested Escalation.
Received an E-mail from UKVI decision making center on 21st March 2018 that application is currently delayed because they are waiting for IHS payment for link child in application. And They have requested IHS team to send payment link.

My question is, does anyone know how long they take to send IHS payment link as i have not got any yet. Should i send them E-mail again or should ask MP to step in to expedite the case so it could be concluded. It has been 85 working days since application made. And this waiting period is really frustrating.

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by UK2018 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:16 pm

@jamshaid, did you not provide them with the IHS reference number? It’s weird how they say they are waiting for the link, shows how well managed the IHS and HO are! Nevertheless if they are saying they are waiting for the so called IHS link, I can only assume it’s a good news, they will be issuing the visa In Sha Allah.

I guess you should send them another email asking how long it will take for them to retrieve the link.

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:38 am

UK2018 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:42 am
@ ak80 I’m a bit confused why the HO sent you that email after 53 days, that’s an acknowledgment email to confirm that they have received your application and documents, by saying preparing they mean they are getting all the documents scanned on a computer which will then be passed to the investigation team who will then look at the papers, certificates, payslip etc and if any doubt they will make necessary calls to check on it for example, they will call the employer is they have any doubt on the payslips etc. Once the investigation is completed it will then go to the ECO to make a decision.

Yes I recived them on second week in February
😕

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:30 am

UK2018 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:16 pm
@jamshaid, did you not provide them with the IHS reference number? It’s weird how they say they are waiting for the link, shows how well managed the IHS and HO are! Nevertheless if they are saying they are waiting for the so called IHS link, I can only assume it’s a good news, they will be issuing the visa In Sha Allah.

I guess you should send them another email asking how long it will take for them to retrieve the link.
@ UK2018

Home Office system does not accept child IHS payment due to bug in their system therefore HO asks for it at later stage of application. My solicitor made IHS payment for wife at time of application and IHS number issued for her. However UKVI system issues IHS number for child as well without asking payment and this is due to bug in their system.
After 4 months of wait, finally UKVI sent me E-mail on 21st March in which they informed me that they have requested IHS team to send me payment link. But it has been three working days now but IHS team did not send me anything. I wonder how long they take to send a link? i takes only 2 minutes to send some one a link. Home Office really love to frustrate people for no reason.
I am in 86 working days of waiting for decision. My solicitor says its only a procedural step asking for IHS rather then any sign of VISA approval. But i have seen few post in which people got their VISA approvals once HO asks for child IHS. Allah knows better. Thank you UK2018.

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by UK2018 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:30 am

ak80 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:38 am
UK2018 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:42 am

Yes I recived them on second week in February
😕

That’s weird, is this the first email you have received from them since you have provided your documents. I was the following email on the 3rd they upon providing documents

[ dear Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Regarding Vida application: GWFXXXXXXXXX

Your online application and documents has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.]

3 months later I received “case not straight forward” email

Following 3 calls to my hubby. Then no contact for 3 months. (Total duration 6 month)

I emailed, recieved reply within 24hrs “status awaiting decision” and requesting I provide passport number, IHS number, DOB ETC so they could escalate. I found it a bit weird and did not reply back as for why would they request all these details when they have it.

Further 25 days later hubby called them, they said “Status waiting decision” husband asked why it’s taking more then 6 month (120 working days), they said they agree it’s taking too long and to respond to the email they sent with the requested details. Hubby replied it’s weird that they are asking for the details and that it did not look legit. The lady replied “I agree,but we are third part and only see what on the screen which is your status nothing else. We work on behalf of the HO organised by the government. To escalate we need the requested info”

Hubby called me and said to reply to the email which I did straight away. 2 days later recieved a reply saying it’s been escalated and HO should get in touch by 4 April.

Another 2 days later Recieved email from HO saying “they apologise for the delay due to busy period and that my application is currently in final processing stage”.

It’s been over 1 week and have not heard anything. Wonder how long this final processing stage will take..

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:51 pm

Uk2018

Yeah I got that email only.
I'm soo sorry your waiting for 6 months without a decision

This is my 56th working day since I applied. Totally worried

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by UK2018 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:58 pm

ak80 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:51 pm
Uk2018

Sorry to hear, I suggest that next week you send them a email requesting status updat and I found them it’s been over 60 working days. It will cost you £5.87 to send the email but once you received a reply, you can communicate with them via the reply email which will not cost you anything. That’s what I’m doing. But please don’t make same mistake as me by waiting 120 days without contacting them. They can escalate the application after 60 days, this will reduce the waiting time and you will not need to wait asking as mine. Do let us know what reply you get once you email them. Good luck

ak80
Sri Lanka

Post by ak80 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:36 am

UK2018 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:58 pm
ak80 wrote:
Uk2018

Sorry to hear, I suggest that next week you send them a email requesting status updat and I found them it’s been over 60 working days. It will cost you £5.87 to send the email but once you received a reply, you can communicate with them via the reply email which will not cost you anything. That’s what I’m doing. But please don’t make same mistake as me by waiting 120 days without contacting them. They can escalate the application after 60 days, this will reduce the waiting time and you will not need to wait asking as mine. Do let us know what reply you get once you email them. Good luck
Thank you soo much. I will give the update.

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by UK2018 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:06 am

Hi everyone please pray, I’m on my way to sylhet to collect my passport, had a call in the morning from vsf to go and collect the passport.

Pray

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:24 am

UK2018 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:06 am
Hi everyone please pray, I’m on my way to sylhet to collect my passport, had a call in the morning from vsf to go and collect the passport.

Pray
Allah will do best for u...insh Allah...insh Allah...for u and for everyone who is in waiting list...
Lots of prayers for u bro from the core of my heart.
Amin.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:18 am

InshaAllah you will get it I know you will as you have been so patient. Verily, The All Mighty is with the patient one.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by UK2018 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:45 am

Dear all

Thank you for your prayers, I have collected my passport on my way home. With all mighty Allahs help and 6month 2 weeks wait, I have been granted with visa. Hubby is going to get a flight ticket (biman) to come to desh and collect me.

I pray to Allah that you (those) who are waiting will also get a good news ASAP.

I’m so excited.. UK here I come.

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:49 am

UK2018 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:45 am
Dear all

Thank you for your prayers, I have collected my passport on my way home. With all mighty Allahs help and 6month 2 weeks wait, I have been granted with visa. Hubby is going to get a flight ticket (biman) to come to desh and collect me.

I pray to Allah that you (those) who are waiting will also get a good news ASAP.

Congrates dear...may Allah bless u with lot of happiness and wonderful like ahead. Amin.

Esi esi
Iran

Post by Esi esi » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:15 am

UK2018 wrote:
Dear all

Congratulation have a good flight.
If it's possible can you tell us your TomTom line again.

Mobarak yor visa.

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by UK2018 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:55 am

Esi esi wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:15 am
UK2018 wrote:
Dear all

Mobarak yor visa.

Thanks, here’s my timeline

In line application submitted: 20 August 2017
Documents, passport and fee submitted: 18 September 2017 at VFS sylhet Bangladesh
Acknowledgement email from Sheffield: 20 September 2017 (we have received your application and are preparing for eco)
Case not straightforward email: received on 12 & 15 December 2017
Phone interview Sheffield: 16, 18 and 20 December 2017, HO contacted hubby asking question regards 2nd job
Emailed UKVI:18 February 2018 I sent email to UKVI contact centre for status update
Reply from UKVI: 19 February, status waiting decision, if more then 60 days please reply back with passport number, IHS NUMBER, dob birth etc.
Phone call: 12 March 2017, hubby called UKVI asking status and why taking so long, they replied “waiting decision, and why we didn’t reply to the email requesting passport details etc.
Sent details: straight away sent details.
Reply from UKVI: 15 March 2017, thank you for the details, we have escalated your case and HO should get in touch by 4, April
Sheffield HO email me: 20 March 2017, we are sorry for the delay caused at this busy period, we are currently looking at your application and it’s goung thru final processing stage, will let you know ASAP.
Visa granted: 27 March 2017, VFS sylhet called to say your passport is here, ready for collection
Passport collected: 27 March 2017, visa granted, travel to U.K. within 30 days.

I pray for you all.

Alz3eem2002
inactive
United Arab Emirates

Post by Alz3eem2002 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:01 pm

UK2018 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:55 am
Esi esi wrote:
UK2018 wrote:
Dear all

Mobarak yor visa.

Documents, passport and fee submitted: 18 September 2017 at VFS sylhet Bangladesh
Acknowledgement email from Sheffield: 20 September 2017 (we have received your application and are preparing for eco)
Phone interview Sheffield: 16, 18 and 20 December 2017, HO contacted hubby asking question regards 2nd job
Emailed UKVI:18 February 2018 I sent email to UKVI contact centre for status update
Reply from UKVI: 19 February, status waiting decision, if more then 60 days please reply back with passport number, IHS NUMBER, dob birth etc.
Phone call: 12 March 2017, hubby called UKVI asking status and why taking so long, they replied “waiting decision, and why we didn’t reply to the email requesting passport details etc.
Reply from UKVI: 15 March 2017, thank you for the details, we have escalated your case and HO should get in touch by 4, April
Sheffield HO email me: 20 March 2017, we are sorry for the delay caused at this busy period, we are currently looking at your application and it’s goung thru final processing stage, will let you know ASAP.
Visa granted: 27 March 2017, VFS sylhet called to say your passport is here, ready for collection

I pray for you all.
Amazing news...I have applied Priority on the 22nd February.
Not received my supporting documents yet. Yet the parcel force tracker confirmed recieped to UKVI Vulcan House in Sheffield.
Deadline for the 30 working days would be 6th March.
Pray for me to get it before. Very tensed

MAAMEUUU
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by MAAMEUUU » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:01 pm

Application Category: Spouse (Husband) Non-Priority
Application Submitted Online: 22/12/2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Accra,Ghana
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date): 29/12/2017

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : 03/01/2018
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On :27/03/2018
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable):no

Contacted with 'decision made' :26/03/2018
Contacted for Collection : 27/03/2018
Collection made : 27/03/ 2018
Decision of Application : Visa Granted
Valid from 28/03/2018 to 27/04/2018

Waiting: 60 working days in total

It’s been a very hard 2 years without my husband. Please pray and have faith. Good luck every one. :D :D :D :D

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:08 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:18 am
InshaAllah you will get it I know you will as you have been so patient. Verily, The All Mighty is with the patient one.
Got an interview call on 4th april for me n hubby as well. He will interviewd on same time as of me. I ll b interviewed through skype by ukvi in british cpuncil isb.
Pls help me about qsns ...and pray as well...pls..help..Allah will help u...

Esi esi
Iran

Post by Esi esi » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:10 pm

UK2018 wrote:
Esi esi wrote:
UK2018 wrote:
Dear all

Mobarak yor visa.

I pray for you all.
Thank you for your response actually I apply exactly 4 months ago and then I received a phone call interview 35 days ago
What's your advice:
Shall I call them for the update or this is a normal time

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:06 pm

UK2018 wrote:
ak80 wrote:
Uk2018

@UK2018

i am happy to hear that you are finally approved after a long distressful wait but glad its happy ending and start of harmonious life together with loved one.

I sent a second same inquiry to UKVI contact center but i am charged again £5.48. What i thought was any follow up inquiry is free? I wonder how did you manage to send free second E-mail to UKVI? I have paid £11 for 2 inquiries already. I am in my 86 working days and waiting for IHS team to send me payment link as advised by decision making center to me a week ago... Don't know how long they will take, therefore send second inquiry to push IHS team and was charged again. Could you please advised. Thank you.

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by UK2018 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:45 pm

jamshaid wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:06 pm
UK2018 wrote:
ak80 wrote:
Uk2018

Did you reply to the email they sent to you? Cause if you send email via the reply email, it’s free

@UK2018

i am happy to hear that you are finally approved after a long distressful wait but glad its happy ending and start of harmonious life together with loved one.

I sent a second same inquiry to UKVI contact center but i am charged again £5.48. What i thought was any follow up inquiry is free? I wonder how did you manage to send free second E-mail to UKVI? I have paid £11 for 2 inquiries already. I am in my 86 working days and waiting for IHS team to send me payment link as advised by decision making center to me a week ago... Don't know how long they will take, therefore send second inquiry to push IHS team and was charged again. Could you please advised. Thank you.

UK2018
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by UK2018 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:49 pm

Esi esi wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:10 pm
UK2018 wrote:
Esi esi wrote:
UK2018 wrote:
Dear all

Mobarak yor visa.

I pray for you all.
Thank you for your response actually I apply exactly 4 months ago and then I received a phone call interview 35 days ago
What's your advice:
Shall I call them for the update or this is a normal time
As it’s been 4 months (over 60days) I would suggest you sending them an email requesting status updat and inform them it’s over 60 working days. If I’m not mistaken they should reply with good news or maybe ask for passport details etc. If they ask for the information then reply back with the details which they will then escalate and In Sha Allah you should get a response from HO within 15 days