ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

andr3ia
Newly Registered
Romania

Marriage

Post by andr3ia » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:31 am

Hi
I'm from Romania and I love in the UK I work here ... me and my boyfriend want to get married he is from Japan and only come to the UK to visit me .. We would like to get married in the uk .... could you help us with what document we need . And if he get married woth me can he stai in the UK with me as my husband dose he had the right after.

andr3ia
Newly Registered
Romania

Help please

Post by andr3ia » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:32 am

Hi
I'm from Romania and I love in the UK I work here ... me and my boyfriend want to get married he is from Japan and only come to the UK to visit me .. We would like to get married in the uk .... could you help us with what document we need . And if he get married woth me can he stai in the UK with me as my husband dose he had the right after

vinny

Re: Marriage

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:37 am

Marriage visitor visa.

However, it's probably simpler if you marry outside the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:55 pm

Alternatively they can give notice in the UK and apply for Residence Card after marriage.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:58 pm

Obie wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:55 pm
Alternatively they can give notice in the UK and apply for Residence Card after marriage.
Not so easy when in the UK on a Standard visitor visa. The fiance appears to be in Japan.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:35 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:58 pm
Obie wrote:
Not so easy when in the UK on a Standard visitor visa. The fiance appears to be in Japan.
So you are of the view that he will not be allowed to marry due the visitors visa.

If that is how the UK operates at present, I am not sure if the UK court will accept that this is consistent with Article 12 of the ECHR.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:50 pm

Obie wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:35 pm
Casa wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:58 pm
Obie wrote:
So you are of the view that he will not be allowed to marry due the visitors visa.

If that is how the UK operates at present, I am not sure if the UK court will accept that this is consistent with Article 12 of the ECHR.
I'm assuming that as foreign nationals wanting to marry in the UK they will have to give notice with a Home Office designated Registry Office and as the registration period can be extended by the HO from 28-70 days the following from the Immigration Rules may be considered before the wedding can go ahead.
Marriage or civil partnership
V 4.10 The applicant must not intend to marry or form a civil partnership, or to give notice of this, in the UK, except where they have a visit visa endorsed for marriage or civil partnership.
:?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:02 pm

If there was an intention to marry on a standard visitor visa, then they may accuse the holder of entering by deception.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ryuzaki

Post by ryuzaki » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:50 am

I've been trying to do this myself, and honestly it is easier to go to Japan and get married.

To get married in Japan you need to get documents proving you are allowed to marry (not already married etc.) from the Romanian embassy. You don't need a visa to visit Japan.