ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

welshgirl
Newly Registered

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by welshgirl » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:38 am

I work for one of these charities who get Tier 5 workers. The UKVI are issueing refusal letters for the past six months for volunteers trying to return for successive years and usually after a telephone interview with Sheffield. They have used the phrase ‘I am satisfied that you are filling a permanent position and are displacing a settled worker’. After a recent UKVI inspecton at another charity we liase with the inspection officer stated 'Do not bother applying for returning years you will not get then. They will now only be given for one year maximum'. The loophole that was there i.e go home after a year and return has now been closed by the UKVI.

wyoz
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by wyoz » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:52 am

Hi guys, has anyone received their Tier 5 volunteer visa yet? I'm on 37 days and waiting... just want my passport back. :cry: I applied in May, phone interviewed early June.