ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for children

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pra_dm
Newly Registered

Citizenship for children

Post by Pra_dm » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:42 pm

Hi,

Just a query, is it possible to apply citizenship for children who born out of UK where one parent is holding British passport? Currently children holding Tier 2 dependent visa.

Best Regards,
Prasu.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship for children

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:49 pm

Children born abroad are expected to hold ILR to qualify for citizenship and they will follow the same path as the other parent on PBS Dependent.

Children born abroad can also only apply for citizenship (after ILR) once either parent is British and the other holds ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Learner101
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Learner101 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:04 pm

Hi
So if 1 parent is British and the whole family resides outside the UK the chances are not good for a registration application for the minors under section 3 (2)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:20 am

Learner101 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:04 pm
Hi
So if 1 parent is British and the whole family resides outside the UK the chances are not good for a registration application for the minors under section 3(2)
Please continue in your original thread, as responding to you here may confuse the OP.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.