ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP stolen, can I submit application for replacement while overseas?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mundanesnuffle
Newly Registered
Singapore

BRP stolen, can I submit application for replacement while overseas?

Post by mundanesnuffle » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:02 pm

My BRP was stolen on Sunday, and I'm leaving the UK tomorrow. I will be submitting an application for a single-entry permit while I am away to re-enter the UK so there isn't really a problem for this trip. The problem is getting the replacement BRP. I will be back on 21 April, and then leaving the country again on 7 June. That is around 6 and a half weeks in between, and I'm worried I will not get my replacement BRP in time.

My question is am I able to submit/mail out the BRP replacement application from abroad before I come back into the UK on 21 April? Have already asked my school's international students' advisory and they could not give me a clear answer on this.

Hoping someone could help, thanks!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: BRP stolen, can I submit application for replacement while overseas?

Post by sah10406 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:47 pm

mundanesnuffle wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:02 pm
My question is am I able to submit/mail out the BRP replacement application from abroad before I come back into the UK on 21 April?
No, only a single-use BRP visa.

If you don't have time to apply for the replacement BRP when you come back, apply for another single-use BRP visa before you return the second time. Then apply for the replacement BRP when you get back.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:46 pm

Where are you going?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mundanesnuffle
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by mundanesnuffle » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:08 am

sah10406 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:47 pm
mundanesnuffle wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:02 pm
My question is am I able to submit/mail out the BRP replacement application from abroad before I come back into the UK on 21 April?
No, only a single-use BRP visa.

If you don't have time to apply for the replacement BRP when you come back, apply for another single-use BRP visa before you return the second time. Then apply for the replacement BRP when you get back.
Well I think that would exceed the 3 months given to apply for a replacement. Also, considering the timeline to get a single entry permit, I don't think I could get it in time during my trip in June as well. But thanks for responding. I just don't get why can't mail out the application in advance lol.

mundanesnuffle
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by mundanesnuffle » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:09 am

vinny wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:46 pm
Where are you going?
Currently in the Netherlands, heading to Singapore in June.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:10 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mundanesnuffle
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by mundanesnuffle » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:33 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:10 pm
See also BRP Lost Experience.
Thank you for linking this! I am currently having trouble applying for even the single entry permit as I have no access to a debit/credit card. I guess trying to contact the UKBA would be the best option now?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:38 pm

mundanesnuffle wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:33 pm
I guess trying to contact the UKBA would be the best option now?
Possibly, but ask your international student adviser to contact them on your behalf.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:41 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:38 pm
mundanesnuffle wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:33 pm
I guess trying to contact the UKBA would be the best option now?
Possibly, but if you have a PBS sponsor, maybe ask them to contact the Home Office on your behalf.

mundanesnuffle
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by mundanesnuffle » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:26 pm

Thought I should provide an update just in case someone else gets into the same situation.

My school has not offered to call the home office, only told me to get someone to pay for my visa application on my behalf. I managed to find someone, but my appointment is tomorrow, 12 April, and I am leaving on 21 April. Currently have no means to pay for the express fee so hoping visa4uk would have some advice or whatsoever.

Will update this again!