ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New naturalisation approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nad2107

New naturalisation approvals

Post by nad2107 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:39 am

Hi

admin please delete if not allowed to start a new thread. has anyone had an naturalisations applications approved recently. i was just speaking with someone who applied in january 2018 and received approval this morning. now that is record time this was for based on eu4 treaty rights having completed five years.

do you know if there is a certain process they work within to give some people answers so quickly and then some like us been waiting for over a year. we are both in same category with spouses from same countries and been here in similar times. both work in same industry and so many similar scenarios however hers was processed within 3 months and we are still awaiting some response.

Is there like a government body one can go to to make some kind of complaint or something to help speed up process apart from TDs.

Just so confused how two people fro two same back grounds in same jobs earning same amounts, living 3 doors away from each other can get processed so differently.

Any idea anyone please.

Thanks

Ryy22
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: New naturalisation approvals

Post by Ryy22 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:11 am

nad2107 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:39 am
Hi

admin please delete if not allowed to start a new thread. has anyone had an naturalisations applications approved recently. i was just speaking with someone who applied in january 2018 and received approval this morning. now that is record time this was for based on eu4 treaty rights having completed five years.

do you know if there is a certain process they work within to give some people answers so quickly and then some like us been waiting for over a year. we are both in same category with spouses from same countries and been here in similar times. both work in same industry and so many similar scenarios however hers was processed within 3 months and we are still awaiting some response.

Is there like a government body one can go to to make some kind of complaint or something to help speed up process apart from TDs.

Just so confused how two people fro two same back grounds in same jobs earning same amounts, living 3 doors away from each other can get processed so differently.

Any idea anyone please.

Thanks
All I know is it’s very random. Though I read here applying based on spouse of Irish citizen is quicker then the rest. Also most of the time people are stuck on second stage.

One person could wait a few months and someone else who has similar application could wait a few years.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:19 am

his file was on top of the desk yours not :lol:
its funny but im not kidding unfortunately

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:08 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:19 am
his file was on top of the desk yours not :lol:
its funny but im not kidding unfortunately
Sad but true! :lol:

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:25 pm

The system is too unfair I applied in may 2017 and this my second application was refused (after a two year wait) in April 2017 coz we had signed the declaration just before we had been 3years married which is why I was refused first time.
Anyways I had reapplied in May a few people on this form revived their approval after 3 months of applying with the exact time fram as me.
It’s a frustrating process I am hoping I will get a decision soon as I emailed last week and got a reply on Monday to say my application is well advanced.
Has anyone received the same reply?

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:30 pm

I applied 6 months ago and I’m yet to receive a second letter 😄 I called them and they said they had backlogs of mails and that I will hear from them in due cause

naveedmaher16
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by naveedmaher16 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Any chance apply naturalisation base 5 years residency eligibile now but have only 4 months stamp left as apply for eu 3 form waiting for new stamp

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:14 pm

naveedmaher16 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:36 pm
Any chance apply naturalisation base 5 years residency eligibile now but have only 4 months stamp left as apply for eu 3 form waiting for new stamp
Just apply , i applied with 6 month letf , i updated them with another temps visa in january (scan copy sent by e-mail) and i got approval in 7 months so i think it has no impact , u need to keep them update with any new resident permit by e-mail scan before they ask that way you dont waste time

naveedmaher16
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by naveedmaher16 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:18 pm

Thanks broli

Ryy22
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ryy22 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:27 pm

Rosay36 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:30 pm
I applied 6 months ago and I’m yet to receive a second letter 😄 I called them and they said they had backlogs of mails and that I will hear from them in due cause
That is very terrible to hear. I hope you hear from them soon.

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:55 pm

Ryy22 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:27 pm
Rosay36 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:30 pm
That is very terrible to hear. I hope you hear from them soon.
I hope so too. I guess I can only wait and see at this stage.

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:41 pm

Called in today and was told “your application is at the further processing stage” does it mean I could hear something soon?

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:26 pm

Rosay36 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:41 pm
Called in today and was told “your application is at the further processing stage” does it mean I could hear something soon?
I'd say so! If it is further processing stage it means that they're only doing now the background checks on you and will send it to the Minister asap. It shouldn't take more than 2 months - but you never know...

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:36 pm

I'd say so! If it is further processing stage it means that they're only doing now the background checks on you and will send it to the Minister asap. It shouldn't take more than 2 months - but you never know...
[/quote]

Thanks for the quick response, at least that’s some progress 😄

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:19 pm

Did anyone get any correspondence from INIS this week?

chels
Mood:
Ireland

Post by chels » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:46 pm

Yep - I received an approval letter last week! :) exactly 1 year, 1 month and 23 days after applying!

I was expecting delays from the outset as I have some complexity in my case (already a dual national of UK & US so double the legwork for them) but have to say I was still surprised it took as long as it did. That said I think the delays over the past year can be directed attributed to the influx of Brexit motivated applications. Speculation of course but there was a lot of media coverage about the increase in passport applications so I assume there must have been similar with naturalization!

Rosay36 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:19 pm

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:47 pm

chels wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:46 pm
Yep - I received an approval letter last week! :) exactly 1 year, 1 month and 23 days after applying!

I was expecting delays from the outset as I have some complexity in my case (already a dual national of UK & US so double the legwork for them) but have to say I was still surprised it took as long as it did. That said I think the delays over the past year can be directed attributed to the influx of Brexit motivated applications. Speculation of course but there was a lot of media coverage about the increase in passport applications so I assume there must have been similar with naturalization!

Rosay36 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:19 pm
@Chels congratulations one year is a longtime waiting but I guess at the end it was all worth it. Timeline like yours still give a lot of us hope. In my case, It appears that I’m still in the second stage but according to the guy I spoke to over the phone, it looks like they have completed their checks and my application will be submitted to the minister as “expeditiously as possible”. Not sure when to hear from them at this stage but I have moved on for my sanity 😂 They can write me whenever they can. It’s been a difficult seven months, I rush home from work assuming the postman passed by. Not surprising though I come home to takeaway leaflets and utility bills 😂

SA3
inactive
Ireland

Post by SA3 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:32 pm

Hi Rosay36. If you don’t mind would you please tell me when you applied for naturalisation?

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:32 pm

SA3 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:32 pm
Hi Rosay36. If you don’t mind would you please tell me when you applied for naturalisation?
@SA3 I applied in August 2017

chels
Mood:
Ireland

Post by chels » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:02 am

I know this feeling so well! I did the same thing & it was very tough. I had to teach myself not to second guess or worry about it (but that was easier said than done sometimes - especially close to times when ceremonies were announced!).

Thing is, once I was in the Second Stage I knew that it was unlikely I'd be refused (had no reason to be from the get-go but convinced myself something was wrong a few times during the wait!). I realised it was just going to happen according to a timeline I couldn't control & therefore just stopped worrying about it. Had even stopped obsessing over the post by the time the approval letter came & it was actually my partner who found the letter!

Anyway best of luck & keep the faith, it will be your turn soon for sure! :)
Rosay36 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:47 pm
It’s been a difficult seven months, I rush home from work assuming the postman passed by. Not surprising though I come home to takeaway leaflets and utility bills 😂