ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tatkal Indian Passport Re-issue in the UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Tatkal Indian Passport Re-issue in the UK

Post by bookerw100 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:20 am

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of going through the taktal process for re-issue of passport in the UK.

My passport is due to expire in July but I need long term schenegn visa for work fairly quikly so need a new passport asap. I can't find too much information on the VFS website on tatkal process, so any help appreciated.

cheers

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Tatkal Indian Passport Re-issue in the UK

Post by dontringthebell » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:43 am

There is no tatkal service in the UK, however, it takes less than a week most of the time although they mention 8-10 days on the website.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:16 am

Does the normal passport only take 8-10 days? I can't see that on the VFS website either. I read 6 weeks...

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:59 am

http://www.vfsglobal.com/India/UK/NEW_I ... sport.html

Re-issue of Passport on expiry or up to one year before expiry (having a valid Visa)

The current or recently expired Indian passport along with the self-attested photocopies of the Bio Page (photo page), last page with the address & observation page, if any observations have been noted, or any other visa page with any observation details should also be provided.
Residence Permit (card) wherever applicable needs.to be enclosed along with self-attested photocopies
If the applicant is married and his/her spouse name is not entered in the passport, he/she should submit a self-attested photocopy of marriage certificate and self-attested photocopies of Passport of the applicant’s spouse (original Passport & marriage certificate to be submitted at the time of application) for adding spouse name in the new passport. Please refer to the Addition/Deletion of Spouse name
This is a mandatory requirement; applicants who do not have their spouse’s name endorsed on their passport, should carry the above mentioned documents (self-attested photocopy of marriage certificate, self-attested photocopies of Passport of the applicant’s spouse, along with the original Passport & marriage certificate) when applying to renew their Indian Passport
For passports that expired for up to one year, a self-explanatory letter as to why the passport was not renewed in time needs to be submitted.

Time Frame for service: MINIMUM 8-10 working days in normal cases, from the date of submission of application & 4 – 6 weeks if the application is submitted in any of the centre falling under the jurisdiction of Consulate General of India, Birmingham or Consulate General of India, Edinburgh.In some cases, clearance/verification is required from the Indian authorities. Processing time would be around MINIMUM 4-6 weeks.

Which Passport services are covered under Tatkal Scheme?

Re-issue of Passport on expiry or up to one year before expiry (having a valid Visa), re-issue of Passport on exhaustion of pagesand lost/stolen/damaged passports in respect of casual visitors to the UK subject to availability of the record of the current Passport in our database. Tatkal Service is rendered in emergent situations (family bereavement, medical emergency etc.) on production of supporting document (s), confirmed journey ticket’s copy and written request from the applicant explaining the emergency. Discretion rests with the High Commission and its respective Consulates. Applicants have to bring the proof of emergency along with other applicable documents. Processing time is 1-3 working days subject to production of proof of the emergency or if the Passport Officer is satisfied of the emergency situation during interview with the applicant. Since new full validity passports in respect of the applications received at HCI, London are now printed in India, applications under Tatkal Scheme are processed only for short validity passport valid for two years.

Which Passport services are not covered under Tatkal Scheme?

Services pertaining to re-issue of expired Passport (over a year)/Passport holder staying in UK without valid Visa/ Passport holders who are residents in UK and whose Passports have been Lost or Stolen or Damaged/ Emergency Certificate applications in respect of applicants resident in UK/ applications sent by post and where records of the Passport are unavailable or incomplete in our data base, are not covered under Tatkal Scheme. Please note that the reasons pertaining to travel plans or visa applications to other Embassies may not qualify as reasons for Tatkal Service.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:51 pm

cheers pal!