ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year as parent route and married abroad

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hass19
Newly Registered

10 year as parent route and married abroad

Post by Hass19 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:51 pm

Hi,

I have been in UK since 2000 came as dependant went to school spent most of my life here.

I had a 183 days gap because of which I was not eligible to apply for Indefinite leave to remain however I had a child with my ex partner and I hold the full custody from court and have been on 10 year parent route since June 2010.

Recently been married abroad and now I am stuck and lost with options of bringing my wife over and have a child abroad.

Can someone help if anyone has been in a similar situation or know anyone who has. :(

secret.simon

Re: 10 year as parent route and married abroad

Post by secret.simon » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:25 pm

You won't be able to sponsor your wife while you are on FLR(FP) yourself.

But you should be able to sponsor your wife after you have been granted ILR. Just a couple of years to go. You will of course need to meet the salary requirements, etc.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.