ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Hel

Post by CR001 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:26 am

richtich wrote:HI kavya29, did you get result of Interview ?
I got my interview in few days. How can i contact you? i got few queries ?
Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Members are NOT permitted to post contact details on the forum and any such information will be removed and the user(s) issued with final warnings. Post in public and remember, everyone on the forum is a complete stranger to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

richtich
Newly Registered

Post by richtich » Mon May 15, 2017 6:30 am

CR001 wrote:
richtich wrote:HI kavya29, did you get result of Interview ?
I got my interview in few days. How can i contact you? i got few queries ?
Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Members are NOT permitted to post contact details on the forum and any such information will be removed and the user(s) issued with final warnings. Post in public and remember, everyone on the forum is a complete stranger to you.
Hi, thats right but i got couple of days left for interview so thought if i can speak to someone who actuallt went for interview and ask few questions. I think nothing wrong in that. They can post contact information in private to me .
Thanks

richtich
Newly Registered

Post by richtich » Mon May 15, 2017 6:32 am

hi, it would be helpful if someone can help me. I got interview in couple of days and I have few questions . What is the best way to prepare for interview ?
Thanks

sanshah

Post by sanshah » Mon May 15, 2017 11:29 am

richtich wrote:hi, it would be helpful if someone can help me. I got interview in couple of days and I have few questions . What is the best way to prepare for interview ?
Thanks
Hi richtich!
Just keep yourself cool and calm. Its very important to keep yourself cool and calm during the interview, because the interviewer will ask alot of questions and 99 % of them will about your earnings u claimed during 5 years of Tier 1 general. If you follow the thread of this forum plenty of ppl have posted their interview questions and more likely they are same but still it varies from case to case. If you have been recieved the questionnaire make sure you have a good grip on it coz the interviewer will ask to verify some of the answers in your questionnaire. In short they are curious about the earnings if they are legit or not and if you have done tax amendments u should have very good reason to explain that.

Good luck!! Can i ask where is your interview?

richtich
Newly Registered

Post by richtich » Mon May 15, 2017 3:02 pm

sanshah wrote:
richtich wrote:hi, it would be helpful if someone can help me. I got interview in couple of days and I have few questions . What is the best way to prepare for interview ?
Thanks
Hi richtich!
Just keep yourself cool and calm. Its very important to keep yourself cool and calm during the interview, because the interviewer will ask alot of questions and 99 % of them will about your earnings u claimed during 5 years of Tier 1 general. If you follow the thread of this forum plenty of ppl have posted their interview questions and more likely they are same but still it varies from case to case. If you have been recieved the questionnaire make sure you have a good grip on it coz the interviewer will ask to verify some of the answers in your questionnaire. In short they are curious about the earnings if they are legit or not and if you have done tax amendments u should have very good reason to explain that.

Good luck!! Can i ask where is your interview?
hi tanks for your reply,
Interview is in Birmingham UKVI/ VFS .
I have been looking into forum and there are lot of question they many ask.
I was thinking if i could speak to someone who been to interview ?
whats the best way to prepare for interview ?
thanks

richtich
Newly Registered

Post by richtich » Wed May 17, 2017 10:56 am

had interview and they asked exactly same question they have been asking to other ( shown on this forum )
i have few questions who have been to interview recently

1) did they contacted any of your clients to verify payments or work you did for clients ?

2) did you get ILR approved after interview

Thanks

alibahi
Newly Registered

Post by alibahi » Mon May 22, 2017 10:41 am

Hi everyone my timeline is
Applied for ILR Route: Tier 1
Date application sent: 22/4/2016
Ack letter received (if applicable): no
Biometric Letter received: 4th May 2016
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 20th May 2016
Solicitor letter to enquire about the application status on 20th December 2016
Interview call letter and email on 25/01/2017
Interviewed 8th Feb 2017
Complaint email sent on 6th April 2017
Contact to local MP 11th April 2017
Received letter on 21/4/2017 to ask whereabouts of my daughter who’s application not included in ILR (born in the UK) ‘reply with your response by 19 May 2017’
Posted reply on 3rd they received on 8th May 2017
Received the reply of my complaint on 6th May 2017 (needs more check and mention about the latter waiting for reply)
Received reply to MP 9th May 2017 (the same reply again under consideration by caseworker and mention about the latter enquired whereabouts of daughter)
Is been 13 months today and still waiting for the outcome. Does anyone have any idea how long they take after the interview? Other than waiting what other options I have.
Thanks

jarraj1102

Post by jarraj1102 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:20 pm

alibahi wrote:Hi everyone my timeline is
Date application sent: 22/4/2016
Biometric Letter received: 4th May 2016
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 20th May 2016
Solicitor letter to enquire about the application status on 20th December 2016
Interview call letter and email on 25/01/2017
Interviewed 8th Feb 2017
Complaint email sent on 6th April 2017
Contact to local MP 11th April 2017
Received letter on 21/4/2017 to ask whereabouts of my daughter who’s application not included in ILR (born in the UK) ‘reply with your response by 19 May 2017’
Posted reply on 3rd they received on 8th May 2017
Received the reply of my complaint on 6th May 2017 (needs more check and mention about the latter waiting for reply)
Received reply to MP 9th May 2017 (the same reply again under consideration by caseworker and mention about the latter enquired whereabouts of daughter)
Is been 13 months today and still waiting for the outcome. Does anyone have any idea how long they take after the interview? Other than waiting what other options I have.
Thanks
Hi Alibahi,

Thanks for posting and sgaring your useful timeline with us. I am in a similar situation as you.
Date application sent: 05/07/2016
Biometric Letter received: 05 Sep 2016
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 05 Sep 2016
Solicitor letter to enquire about the application status on 8th Feb 2017
Initial complain to MP 13th Feb 2017
Interview call letter and email on 07/03/2017
Interviewed 16th March 2017
Complaint email again sent on 11th May 2017
Contacted local MP again 11th May 2017

In my last complain letter i have clearly mentioned that my 10 months time period was clearly enough for HO to do all appropriate checks when they can seem to complete the same checks within 2 hours for same day applications. And also that i would escalate my case with the ombudsman if i receive a standard reply from them asking for more time.Please find the link below for ombudsman.

https://www.ombudsman.org.uk/

I hope to hear from them within 4 weeks of the complaint to my MP (which is their agreed standard for complaints). If not then i will raise a complaint with the Ombudsman. To everyone who are silently waiting indefinitely, a long wait without no questions or actions from our part does not guarantee our applications will be successful. So please pursue venues to expedite your application with HO. You don't have anything to loose apart from the inevitable.

Regards

Turton2
Newly Registered

Post by Turton2 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:09 am

Thanks everyone I have been following this board, I applied for my ilr in December 21 or so , 2017 after my application was refused in may, I was called for an interview on May 23, yesterday. I was asked questions about my employment and self employed, lots of questions about the qualifications that made me capable to do my job, how I manage my time , why have I not close my business since active, how do I work, I said from home and office, my office address , post code skipped my mind so mumbled a bit, what are you doing with your business currently, I said I am trying to raise a family and also patner with non for profit organisation. I also carry out business, she asked again you said you partner with non profit organisation, I said yes and also raising family. What are your monthly expenses, she said monthly not yearly, I told her the recurrent expenses for the month others are paid yearly, how much is your accountant fees, I said it varies however between the amount ,advertise your services, through referrals and had a website before. Asked about my tax submission, I submitted online , as i instructed my accountant. Overall 30 mins interview. Was calm, face of interviewer was mixed emotions but stay true to yourself.

Turton2
Newly Registered

Post by Turton2 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:13 am

Questions where also asked about what I submitted to my accountant, how many bank accounts do I have, too many withdrawals to unamed person, I said it's from my savings to my current account, name of previous accountant , If I remember any other questions

Santosh919
Newly Registered

Post by Santosh919 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:26 am

Turton2 wrote:Thanks everyone I have been following this board, I applied for my ilr in December 21 or so , 2017 after my application was refused in may, I was called for an interview on May 23, yesterday. I was asked questions about my employment and self employed, lots of questions about the qualifications that made me capable to do my job, how I manage my time , why have I not close my business since active, how do I work, I said from home and office, my office address , post code skipped my mind so mumbled a bit, what are you doing with your business currently, I said I am trying to raise a family and also patner with non for profit organisation. I also carry out business, she asked again you said you partner with non profit organisation, I said yes and also raising family. What are your monthly expenses, she said monthly not yearly, I told her the recurrent expenses for the month others are paid yearly, how much is your accountant fees, I said it varies however between the amount ,advertise your services, through referrals and had a website before. Asked about my tax submission, I submitted online , as i instructed my accountant. Overall 30 mins interview. Was calm, face of interviewer was mixed emotions but stay true to yourself.

Has you application refused in may, and you went for an interview yesterday.... so confusing mate, please can you explain, you went to an interview after your application refused ?? And have you used the same business for your extension and in ilr application

Turton2
Newly Registered

Post by Turton2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:07 am

Application was refused may 2016 however submitted fresh application in December 2016

alibahi
Newly Registered

Post by alibahi » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:31 am

hi
does anyone use https://www.ombudsman.org.uk/
I been waiting for 16 months had an interview on 8th Feb and complain to UKVI by emailing them and also contact with MP and no result. online status update on 25th May 2017 "awaiting a decision".
do have another option or have to wait.
thanks

shanybaba1974
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Help

Post by shanybaba1974 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:14 am

Hello all

I hv applied for ILR under Tier 1 Entrepreneur 5 year route (£200,000/- investment), just got an interview call which was quite strange as never heard HO ever called T1 Ent applicant for interview, am I the only one called or anybody else as well, pl share any experiences for T1 Ent & guide. My interview date is 5/2/18.

Also advice me is this the right forum to ask this or do we hv another page for T1 Ent

kavya29
Newly Registered

Post by kavya29 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:02 pm

Dear all,

I've finally got my ILR today after a lonnggg 2 YEARS' wait!

My sincere thanks to the site's gurus & all the people who shared their experiences and offered fantastic advice!! All the best & my sincere prayers for those who are still waiting!!

Kind regards,
Kavya
kavya29 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:44 pm
Hello everybody,

I was interviewed yesterday at vfs for my ILR. Here are the questions I was asked :

1. General details - name, where I live etc.
2. Current job details - My designation, which company, salary, how long I'm working here for. Where I was working before, salary, how long for.
3. Day to day activities in my job, whom do I report to.
4. Asked the same job related questions for all the jobs I did during the year leading upto my ILR.
5. What qualifications have you got to do this job? My degree & software certifications & work experience.

Then they began to focus on my Ltd company earnings:
6. How do you advertise your services? Do you have a website? - I said no, I don't have website, I just post my cv on job boards.
7. Name the job boards - Reed, Cw jobs, Total Jobs, LinkedIn
8. How much do you charge your clients?
9. What documents you submitted to your accountant to get your accounts done? - I said personal & business bank stmts, my company details.
10. Didn't you submit invoices? - I said I may have, but cant remember now.
11. She asked me to send invoices to her.
12. What's accountant's name and address?
13. Why have you got less earnings in 2014?
14. Why haven't you taken dividends from your company during the years outside ilr? - I said, Yes I have taken but she asked - really? when? - I gave details.
15. Why is there a big transaction (5k) in my account, You've sent 5k to your wife? - said, sent for maintenance and savings purposes.
16. Submit 12 months payslips for the ILR year.
17. you've claimed 200 as business expenses - did you? & what was these for? I said I can't remember exactly, I can check. I may have done it for travelling to meet the client.
18. Did you have any tax amendments? No
19. What's your client's nature of business?
20. Have got any ideas to improve / expand your business?
21. Did you do 2 jobs at the same time? I asked if she is asking for ILR duration, she said yes. I then said no.
22. All the questions were based on my ILR earnings & time period. They didn't ask a single question about initial grant or extn.
23. I asked when will I possibly hear back - she said she doesn't know and it's based on the case worker.

It lasted 1.15hrs. I think I was calm & composed but that hurt my brain lol!
She kept going around the job related questions over and over but worded differently.

This forum helped me massively in prepping up - a big thanks to all of you!!
Now the dreaded waiting game begins!

Recap of my case:

ILR - Paye + Ltd company director
Extn - Paye + Ltd company director
Initial - Overseas income

My timelines:

20 May 2016 applied for ILR.
Biometric done in 6 weeks time.
04 Nov 2016 - Received letter from HO saying they want to interview me.
20 Mar 2017 - Letter from HO saying 5th Apr is the interview date.
05 Apr 2017 - Interview

Apr 2013 got extension
Apr 2011 switched from psw to Tier 1.

Thanks again to all of you :) :)

keth001
Sri Lanka

Re: ILR Interview Call After Postal Application - Please Help

Post by keth001 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:53 pm

Weldone. Congrats...