ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NDRS+JCAP - Passport Fees deduct

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

VijayUK

NDRS+JCAP - Passport Fees deduct

Post by VijayUK » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:02 pm

Hi,
I had my NDRS and JCAP on 1st week of March and my Passport fee got deducted today, does it mean the approval is on the way ? Please let us know the experiences.

Regards,
VJ

iffi786

Re: NDRS+JCAP - Passport Fees deduct

Post by iffi786 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:19 pm

Hello brother can u plz explain the procedure online plus NDRS and jcap step by step it will helps to every one thanks.

VijayUK

Post by VijayUK » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:41 pm

iffi786 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:19 pm
Hello brother can u plz explain the procedure online plus NDRS and jcap step by step it will helps to every one thanks.
Hello Iffi,

Please find the steps.

If you fill online option is NDRS+JCAP or NDRS and Passport can apply later.

To Fill online use the link to start with - https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... w-to-apply

While filling the application you need to get your referees details in hand and then later print the form and get it signed.

Once you make the payment , you get the Biometrics instantly and Case ID in a day or two through email.

Book NDRS Apointment with council and submit the documents listed in your application.

Then they will send the documents to UKVI in a day and then wait.

Regards,
VJ

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:47 pm

VijayUK wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:02 pm
Hi,
I had my NDRS and JCAP on 1st week of March and my Passport fee got deducted today, does it mean the approval is on the way ? Please let us know the experiences.

Regards,
VJ
Deduction of Passport fee is not an indication of AN approval - fee is always taken upfront.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

VijayUK

Post by VijayUK » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:51 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:47 pm
VijayUK wrote:
Hi,

Regards,
VJ
Deduction of Passport fee is not an indication of AN approval - fee is always taken upfront.
It is taken almost 20 days after submission, Hence my question.

barabashka

Post by barabashka » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:13 pm

VijayUK wrote:
Hi,

Regards,
VJ
Perhaps it means they started looking at your case...What is your timeline exactly? what day you applied and what day you had NDRS appointment?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:04 am

VijayUK wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:41 pm
iffi786 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:19 pm
Hello Iffi,

Please find the steps.

If you fill online option is NDRS+JCAP or NDRS and Passport can apply later.

To Fill online use the link to start with - https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... w-to-apply

While filling the application you need to get your referees details in hand and then later print the form and get it signed.

Once you make the payment , you get the Biometrics instantly and Case ID in a day or two through email.

Book NDRS Apointment with council and submit the documents listed in your application.

Then they will send the documents to UKVI in a day and then wait.

Regards,
VJ
If you intend to use NDRS, It is advisable to book appointment with council before making an online application. This is to ensure that have an appointment as you have to submit documents 10 days within completing an online application.

VijayUK

Post by VijayUK » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:56 am

[/quote]

If you intend to use NDRS, It is advisable to book appointment with council before making an online application. This is to ensure that have an appointment as you have to submit documents 10 days within completing an online application.
[/quote]

As per my experience, Council Cannot book appointment without the applicationreference number . So I feel you have to submit the Application and proceed to book the appoitment. Attend it with relevant docs.
Not sure if other councils follow different procedure. I can only vouch for my experience at my council office.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:24 am

VijayUK wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:56 am
[/quote]

As per my experience, Council Cannot book appointment without the applicationreference number . So I feel you have to submit the Application and proceed to book the appoitment. Attend it with relevant docs.
Not sure if other councils follow different procedure. I can only vouch for my experience at my council office.
[/quote]

Ah. I see. What if they do not have available spaces for appointments within 10 days? My case was different. I booked for NCS, changed my mind and applied online and still attended NCS appointment as they charged same fee. They did not have a problem with it

VijayUK

Post by VijayUK » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:25 am

Hstepper07 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:24 am
VijayUK wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:56 am
[/quote]

Ah. I see. What if they do not have available spaces for appointments within 10 days? My case was different. I booked for NCS, changed my mind and applied online and still attended NCS appointment as they charged same fee. They did not have a problem with it
[/quote]

If they dont have go for the other nearest council, for sure they will give. Fee is same for both. In NCS ( NO reference need to book )- They review the application, NDRS ( Payment ID and reference are needed )- They dont and wont have chance to review.

Experts and Others - Please can I get the answer to my original question.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:10 am

Alterhase58 answered you already.

jagacharaja

Post by jagacharaja » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:42 pm

Hello. Two questions please.

1- I have Form AN ready to go (paper version) , including referee section. If I choose to go NDRS route, then I understand the application is online but have to submit supporting documents separately. Question - can I use the referee section from the paper application form for this purpose, or do I need to bother the referees again?

2- Life in the UK certificate - they kept the original with the ILR application but I have a copy. Will the copy suffice. I ask because some councils say they need originals of everything.

Thank you.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:57 pm

jagacharaja wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:42 pm

1- I have Form AN ready to go (paper version) , including referee section. If I choose to go NDRS route, then I understand the application is online but have to submit supporting documents separately. Question - can I use the referee section from the paper application form for this purpose, or do I need to bother the referees again?

2- Life in the UK certificate - they kept the original with the ILR application but I have a copy. Will the copy suffice. I ask because some councils say they need originals of everything.

Thank you.
1. NDRS is relatively new so no one can know for sure. I submitted paper referee with online application and included a covering letter. As far as I am concerned, they serve the same purpose. Will wait and see.
2. A copy will suffice if they retained original. Should not be a problem.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:35 am

jagacharaja wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:42 pm

Thank you.
1. When u fill in the online application form u need to fill in the 2 referees details there. At the end u need to print off 2 referee forms and take there signature on them. Don't complicate your application. If u r submitting online form forget about paper version and its referee part.

2. HO r not supposed to keep Original LIUK in ILR. Not in my case at least. If that happened to u, write a cover letter and explain what happened and submit the copy on your NDRS appointment. I believe NDRS people will not stamp your LIUK copy as "seen original". Staple the cover letter with LIUK copy. Hope u don't have any issues.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:47 am

Some members have reported that LIUK certificates were not returned by HO. I have not read anywhere that HO has to retain/return the original at ILR application. Test results are sent to the Home Office electronically anyway and information is put onto the Warehouse database.
According to Homeoffice knowledge of language and LIUK guidance for caseworkers HO staff, march 2018, "You must check the applicant has passed the test on Warehouse.........
If an applicant cannot supply the letter because it has been lost, you can accept a Warehouse record as proof they have passed the test.

Source: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... BCr5V8guwX

siemach
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by siemach » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:42 pm

From my NDRS + JCAP Receipt

" following a successful citizenship application your passport application and payment will be sent to HM Passport Office. Payment will be processed within 5 to 14 days of receipt......."

asadshah514
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by asadshah514 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:13 pm

Hi All

I am a bit confused, but would be great if you can provide me with some guidance. I recently applied (15 April) for naturalisation through the new online application system and paid £1330.

I went to the council so they can send of my documents to Home office. To my surprise the council officer asked me if I want to send an application for British passport. Which I would have happily sent but since I didn't come across this forum before I just did the online application not thinking that I could apply for both naturalisation and passport together.

My question is whether the online application covers both naturalisation and British passport ? or will I have to apply for British passport after I get the naturalisation certificate?

Comments welcome

Thanks guys

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:16 pm

asadshah514 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:13 pm
Hi All

I am a bit confused, but would be great if you can provide me with some guidance. I recently applied (15 April) for naturalisation through the new online application system and paid £1330.

I went to the council so they can send of my documents to Home office. To my surprise the council officer asked me if I want to send an application for British passport. Which I would have happily sent but since I didn't come across this forum before I just did the online application not thinking that I could apply for both naturalisation and passport together.

My question is whether the online application covers both naturalisation and British passport ? or will I have to apply for British passport after I get the naturalisation certificate?

Comments welcome

Thanks guys
No the online form is only for citizenship. Passport application is a paper form from the post office.

As you did not apply jointly, you will have to wait till you have attended your ceremony and then apply for your passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

koga00
Newly Registered

Post by koga00 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:16 am

[quote=VijayUK post_id=1616170 time=1522350170 user_id=96299]
Hi,

Regards,
VJ
[/quote]

Hello Vijay
I came across your post and would like to chip in my own contribution.
Yes, if your passport fee has been taken, then it means your approval is on its way.
The new process (NDRS), says it's only after your application has been approved that your passport application will then be looked into.
I'm saying this cause based on my own experience, I and the wife applied on the 20th of June, and we were waiting, but on the 4th of August, we had a letter from passport office that, they were unable to take payment for the passport application.
I then realised that the card I inputted for them to take the cash had been replaced by my bank, so obviously that card had been cancelled.
So I called in, made a payment on the phone, and that was it.
Then yesterday the 6th of August, the approval letter came in the post from the home office, dated the 30th of July, asking us to book a citizenship ceremony.
So clearly from the statement on the paper you receive after using the NDRS, passport application fee will only be processed once the application is successful.
I hope this helps

UK_Tier1

Post by UK_Tier1 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:26 pm

koga00 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:16 am
VijayUK wrote:
Hi,

Regards,
VJ
Hello Vijay
I came across your post and would like to chip in my own contribution.
Yes, if your passport fee has been taken, then it means your approval is on its way.
The new process (NDRS), says it's only after your application has been approved that your passport application will then be looked into.
I'm saying this cause based on my own experience, I and the wife applied on the 20th of June, and we were waiting, but on the 4th of August, we had a letter from passport office that, they were unable to take payment for the passport application.
I then realised that the card I inputted for them to take the cash had been replaced by my bank, so obviously that card had been cancelled.
So I called in, made a payment on the phone, and that was it.
Then yesterday the 6th of August, the approval letter came in the post from the home office, dated the 30th of July, asking us to book a citizenship ceremony.
So clearly from the statement on the paper you receive after using the NDRS, passport application fee will only be processed once the application is successful.
I hope this helps
Passport fees deduction is not necessarily a confirmation of BC application approved. Based on time lines posted here, it is difficult to conclude that once the passport fee is deducted, then BC is approved.

People often use the date on the approval letter from HO UKVI as the date their application was approved, then compare that to when their passport fee was deducted by HMPO and use that s evidence.

My BC approval letter is dated 6days after my passport fee was deducted by HMPO.

It may well be the case that HMPO fee deduction takes place after communication from HO UKVI but the inner workings of the home office is very much unknown, perhaps a FOI may well help shed light on this.

thehumbleguy
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by thehumbleguy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:16 pm

@Koga - I think you are absolutely right. I personally do not think there's a link between passport fee being deducted or not deducted towards approval of your British Nationality. For example, in my case, Passport fee was deducted on 14/08/2018 and its been 10 days I have not received no paperwork from the homeoffice or from the local borough council for the ceremony.

I however believe, it may well be true that at that stage when your fee is deducted, it is sign, that, that your home office file was assigned to a case worker after being in a queue for those many days and the passport side of it was dispatched/sent to HMPO. Please remember, that the only Passport Office that collects or processes your passport fee is the office based in Liverpool Only and thats very local to UKVI or might be in the same building.

Based on my experience, i would like to think, as some experienced members suggested above, the passport fee is always taken upfront and is not refunded even if the British Citizenship application was refused by the UKVI.

What I would personally suggest members that it's perhaps better to be patient and just wait. Technically and practically speaking, you have sent the information and now its in their hand what to decide and when unless the time of 6 months lapsed.

On another note, a friend of a friend applied in March and has not had any responses yet even though his Mrs and Kids were granted and given passports. He's been to his solicitor in order to chase and get the matter expedited and a few days later a letter popped in requesting more time as this is really busy time for them in them summer holidays!

So it's a wait and watch game. Just pray or do charity and hope that your application is considered and dealt with a decent person. Thats all.

Hope this helps.

shankar981
Mood:

Post by shankar981 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:24 pm

I availed the NDRS/JCAP service through Houslow council. I was not asked to provide any application reference.
I was asked name, contact number and address details. Infact, I started filling the online application after securing a NDRS appointment.