ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ani82

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by Ani82 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:24 am

iffi786 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:27 pm
Hello all
I am applying for my wife vise through online.
Can any one tell the procedure of
ONLINE NDRS AND JACP .
WILL B GREAT FULL
THANKS
Dear Iffi
I believe you asking about British Citizenship application online , if yes the you submit your application online and pay the fee then you can use NDRS and JACP to send the docs to home office and keep the originals and apply for the passport at the same time. Same fee will be charged as they normally charge for their service. Once you submit the application ring council and they will book the appointment to hand over the docs and apply for you the passport.

Regards
Ani

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:19 pm

Hi,

I am Indian british and my wife has ILR on Indian passport. My son is born here before ILR and he also have ILR. I am applying MN1 online and confused at below question

Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom?

As this section get skipped in paper form but online not sure if its specific to EEA citizen only or for others too?

I am not sure if its Yes or No in my case?
Please help

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:00 pm

ginger.garlic wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:19 pm
Hi,

I am Indian british and my wife has ILR on Indian passport. My son is born here before ILR and he also have ILR. I am applying MN1 online and confused at below question

Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom?

As this section get skipped in paper form but online not sure if its specific to EEA citizen only or for others too?

Please help
if anyone has done there application or know about it please help.
Want to apply before fees increase

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:16 pm

ginger.garlic wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:00 pm
ginger.garlic wrote:
Hi,

Please help
It clearly states EU citizen or family member.

For your child, you are required to provide evidence of your ILR as well. Not sure what the online form asks re parents ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:21 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:16 pm
ginger.garlic wrote:
ginger.garlic wrote:
Hi,

Please help

For your child, you are required to provide evidence of your ILR as well. Not sure what the online form asks re parents ILR.
Thanks, So I will select NO for it
Do you mean my ILR evidence as I have british passport and ILR stamp is on cancelled Indian passport or ILR evidence of my wife and my british passport?
Sorry kind of repeating my self, with such a crucial application and hefty fees I wants to be sure and this forum is great help to people like us.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:27 am

ginger.garlic wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:21 am
CR001 wrote:
ginger.garlic wrote:
ginger.garlic wrote:
Hi,

Please help

Do you mean my ILR evidence as I have british passport and ILR stamp is on cancelled Indian passport or ILR evidence of my wife and my british passport?
Sorry kind of repeating my self, with such a crucial application and hefty fees I wants to be sure and this forum is great help to people like us.

Thanks
You need to submit evidence of your ILR if your child was born before you got ILR. I don't have experience of the online form as it is a new service. I cna only refer to the paper form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lalonde
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Post by Lalonde » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:13 pm

I submitted my application just after midnight on April 3rd since the 2nd was Easter and I wanted to allow 2 days from my qualifying date (April 1st) to be in the safe! Well the confirmation of successful payment has the date recorded as 2 Apr 2018, even though my email was received at 3 Apr 2018 @ 00:07 hrs. I’m terribly upset I waited until after midnight to submit it just for this to happen. I am really going to lose my $hit if I get rejected due to this. I thought the time/ date stamp is automated/ computerised, is it due to the clocks changing or something ridiculous like submitting outside working hours? Madness!

Lalonde
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Post by Lalonde » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:42 pm

Has anyone else had any similar experience? Should I complain to the HO?

Lalonde
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Post by Lalonde » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:03 pm

OK so just downloaded my application and it says 03 April 2018 00:09 there however Apr 02 was my payment date and that’s what the NDRS person wrote on all the forms of my JCAP. I hadn’t even noticed the disrepency last night until I saw it in his forms. Before anyone says anything, I made my payment after midnight too just a few seconds before clicking next and completing it all together so it’s not the case of paying and taking a while to complete the last step.

ginger.garlic

Post by ginger.garlic » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:27 am
ginger.garlic wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:21 am
CR001 wrote:
ginger.garlic wrote:

Thanks
You need to submit evidence of your ILR if your child was born before you got ILR. I don't have experience of the online form as it is a new service. I cna only refer to the paper form.
Thanks for your reply,
I have checked with home office help centre and too not sure about it and can not tell me yes/no for my case. I will look further in forum/online if any non-eu has applied MN1 online.

Jeremie
Newly Registered

Post by Jeremie » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:50 am

Hiya,

I hope this is the right forum to post this question lol. I applied for BC via the online application system on the 29th of March, Biometrics done on the 30th and I sent supporting documents via express delivery on the same day. Does anyone have an idea of a timeline for online BC applications?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:06 am

Jeremie wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:50 am
Hiya,

I hope this is the right forum to post this question lol. I applied for BC via the online application system on the 29th of March, Biometrics done on the 30th and I sent supporting documents via express delivery on the same day. Does anyone have an idea of a timeline for online BC applications?
It appears they are currently taking around 1 to 2 months, but not sure if this is for applications using the NDRS service or online and posting yourself.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jeremie
Newly Registered

Post by Jeremie » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:14 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:06 am
Jeremie wrote:
Hiya,

It appears they are currently taking around 1 to 2 months, but not sure if this is for applications using the NDRS service or online and posting yourself.
That's great news! Thanks

pabloesc
Newly Registered

Post by pabloesc » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:46 pm

Jeremie wrote:
Hiya,

Hi

Generally applications are being turned around quicker than previous years. However, application timelines vary depending on each case & caseworker. Some have received approvals in 2 weeks some in 8 weeks. Have a look at the thread on this website with timelines from around Dec/Jan when the Online application came into active use.

liewjls
Newly Registered

Post by liewjls » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:43 pm

Hi guys, just bit confusing. I'm start create an account and filling up the form online which it's taking me few days to complete. and it said with in 10 days after the date of the application must submit all the documents, is when after i make the payment right?

thanks

Ani82

Post by Ani82 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:41 pm

liewjls wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:43 pm
Hi guys, just bit confusing. I'm start create an account and filling up the form online which it's taking me few days to complete. and it said with in 10 days after the date of the application must submit all the documents, is when after i make the payment right?

thanks
Hi
10 days from the date you successfully submit your application.
Regards
Ani

liewjls
Newly Registered

Post by liewjls » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm

Ani82 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi
10 days from the date you successfully submit your application.
Regards
Ani
Thanks. Sorry for silly question, 'successfully submit my application' means the money has been taken from my card/bank account right?

Ani82

Post by Ani82 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:08 pm

Yes , and you get confirmation email with case ID regarding your application and payment confirmation when you submitted the application.

Mad1
Italy

Post by Mad1 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:49 am

Hello, please can anyone advise me on what to do. After sending in my application, I stopped working I am now a full time student at university. Do I need to inform home office about this change or is it not important. I sent my application on 23/02/18 and I stopped working on the 28/02/18. What should I do?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:03 am

Mad1 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:49 am
Hello, please can anyone advise me on what to do. After sending in my application, I stopped working I am now a full time student at university. Do I need to inform home office about this change or is it not important. I sent my application on 23/02/18 and I stopped working on the 28/02/18. What should I do?
As employment is not a requirement for the AN application there's no need to advise HO or other action.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:05 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:33 pm
iqkhanuk wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:51 pm
Can some one explain that pls

I have ILR and looking to fill AN for BC.

Do I need to fill another form for british passport if so which one is that. While searching this forum it looks like this can be done under one application.

In that case which application is that which covers the whole process BC + passport.

Do I need to fill in this online form as well and send to HO as a seperate copy. I browse through it and it seems that we can print and send that form also.

So how many forms we need to fill in and send for same application BC + passport.

many thanks
You cannot use the online form if you want to apply for citizenship and passport at the same time which can also only be done through NCS. You will need to complete thr paper form AN and the passport form to do this.
Guys, is it must to signed off full application at the end ? I did not find anything to signature area. If is missed please guide me I already sent the app.
Khurram

Tkidane
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ethiopia

Post by Tkidane » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:51 pm

hi there,
please please can someone help me,
currently, I have started filling out online citizenship application but I'm not sure where and when to get the referees form to let them sign and also the biometric form , I already added the information for the referees details.

T9OTE
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by T9OTE » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:55 am

Hi sorry to disturb you,
Quick question I applied online and used NDRS service with passport form at same time on 27th March do you know when would they take the fee for the passport ? As I added my card details to the passport form.

Regards

minxtruck
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by minxtruck » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:02 am

I'm updating my draft online application with details of my trips outside of the UK. I've added 30 trips and have just 1 more to add, but it's no longer giving me an option to add more trips. Has anyone else encountered this problem and, if so, where did you enter details of any additional trips out of the UK?

Thanks!

T9OTE
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by T9OTE » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:05 pm

minxtruck wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:02 am
I'm updating my draft online application with details of my trips outside of the UK. I've added 30 trips and have just 1 more to add, but it's no longer giving me an option to add more trips. Has anyone else encountered this problem and, if so, where did you enter details of any additional trips out of the UK?

Thanks!
You have to add in a separate paper and send together with your documents , online maximum entries is 30