ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on Replacement BRP form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alpacapacapaca
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Question on Replacement BRP form

Post by alpacapacapaca » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:27 pm

Hi all,

I am not entirely sure on how to fill in the following two questions. Immigration's definition is "the action of coming to live *permanently* in a foreign country." I am currently on Tier 2 (General) and have previously been on Tier 4 Student and PSW, but never had indefinite leave to remain.
D3. Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous UK immigration application made in the UK or abroad?
(Yes/No)
and..
D4. Please give the details specified below in each case. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and enclose it with this application form.
(The name in which you made the application, Date of application, Country in which application was made, British diplomatic post if application made abroad)
My question is therefore: Should I consider visa applications as "immigration application" in this case?

Gut feeling tells me that I should answer no, but given how much I'm paying for a replacement I do not want to risk rejection due to minor technicalities.

PS. I am going for a premium appointment, I can actually prepare two set of filled forms and ask the person dealing with my application, does anyone have Premium BRP replacement experience and can I expect the officer to answer my query?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question on Replacement BRP form

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:39 pm

They are not trick questions and you should NOT answer no as that would be lying.

If you have made ANY visa application within or outside the UK, you have enrolled biometrics and must answer accordingly.

What do you believe a visa application is if it is not an 'immigration application'??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alpacapacapaca
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by alpacapacapaca » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:52 pm

Because the definition of immigration as I pointed out is "the action of coming to live *permanently* in a foreign country". All the applications I've made in the past are for visa (leave to enter and temporary leave to remain) which are in nature not permanent unlike say ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:02 pm

You are overthinking.

You have made applications for visas, which is an immigration application to UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration) and Home Office (which UKVI falls under).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alpacapacapaca
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by alpacapacapaca » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:06 pm

Thank you! I shall answer yes and fill in the form accordingly.

Also, may I know what it means by "British diplomatic post if application made abroad"? Is that the venue or organisation of which I applied with?

Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:18 pm

alpacapacapaca wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:06 pm
Also, may I know what it means by "British diplomatic post if application made abroad"? Is that the venue or organisation of which I applied with?
The place where you submitted and enrolled biometrics yes. Mostly overseas it is the VFS offices.

For info, the Collins dictionary says it better (without the word 'permanently') :

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dicti ... mmigration
1. uncountable noun
Immigration is the coming of people into a country in order to live and work there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)