ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 180 days rolling absence

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

charithf
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

ILR 180 days rolling absence

Post by charithf » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:25 am

Hello,

I am a Tier 2 (General) /Sponsored visa holder. I initially got my Tier 2 in November 2012. My 5 years got completed in November 2017.

If I apply for my ILR on the 15 April 2018, does the new rule suggest that within any consecutive 365 days I cannot be absent from the country for more than 180 days back dated from the date that I apply? correct?

Just wanted to know whether my absence gets looked at from November 2012 (date I got my first Tier 2) or April 2013 (5 years back from the date I apply).

I have only had work related absence where the maximum has been 100 days. I'm just wondering about the new rule so that I provide enough evidence for my work related absence.

Thank you

vinny

Re: ILR 180 days rolling absence

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:45 am

You should provide letter(s) from your employer, explaining any absences from the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.