ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

citizenadvise5
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by citizenadvise5 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi, Tina!

During the 9 months wait, did they you try to get in touch with them to follow up? If so, would you midn sharing the contact info you've emailed/called?

Also, during the waiting period, did they ever email you with updates?
tina_tan wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:37 am
Hello everyone!

I am glad that some of us who applied for family permit has been successfully granted and some are not but do not give up, before I received my Family permit I've waited for almost 9 months before they grant my visa. So, do not lose hope!
I am here in England now, I arrived here last Feb. 08, 2018, and I would like to ask if anyone applied for a RESIDENCE CARD? I would appreciate if someone might like to help me out of this, I am still looking for a job and planning to apply for my personal bank account and joint account with my husband,my concern is, when am I going to apply for a Residence Card? is it anytime once if my required documents are ready? I am confuse now. I hope someone have the same situation with me and how she or he get through with it.
Thank you for reading.

Tina Tan from Philippines

tina_tan
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by tina_tan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:27 am

They just only sent me an email saying that my documents are now in process,then after that I never receive anything from them and I did not bother to contact them cos it will just cost me money without assurance about my visa. I just waited and I assumed that it was refuse and looking forward for my parcel to come back to me so I can reapply again,but they send me my visa after 9 months long.

haseeb198
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haseeb198 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:47 pm

Hi,

Can someone please tell me how many days it can take for the confirmation email to arrive. My father has submitted my mother EEA family permit last Wednesday but still we have received any confirmation email from Sheffield. Last time when i submitted my wife EEA family permit they sent us the email next day confirming that our application has been received. I have checked and the email address is correct on the application form. Any ideas?

Thanks,

citizenadvise5
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by citizenadvise5 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:48 am

Many thanks,

Apologies if I might have missed it, but would you mind sharing your timeline?
Also, was this your first application? Just wanted to get a better feel as to what might have caused the delay and whether 9 months is the new norm for them to process EEA Family Permit.
tina_tan wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:27 am
They just only sent me an email saying that my documents are now in process,then after that I never receive anything from them and I did not bother to contact them cos it will just cost me money without assurance about my visa. I just waited and I assumed that it was refuse and looking forward for my parcel to come back to me so I can reapply again,but they send me my visa after 9 months long.

citizenadvise5
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by citizenadvise5 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:53 am

haseeb198 wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:47 pm
Hi,

Can someone please tell me how many days it can take for the confirmation email to arrive. My father has submitted my mother EEA family permit last Wednesday but still we have received any confirmation email from Sheffield. Last time when i submitted my wife EEA family permit they sent us the email next day confirming that our application has been received. I have checked and the email address is correct on the application form. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Did you avail of their SMS service? I got the SMS that the application has been forwarded to UKBI - Sheffield on the same day. However, I received the following email 5 business days later (1 week and 1 day - including weekends). After which, it's a guessing/waiting game.

Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the UK Decision Making Centre in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

If you have already had your supporting documents scanned in at the Visa Application Centre, or if you have already sent them in to us, please ignore the request for documents.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.

If you have paid for Priority Service, your application will be placed in front of the queue and assessed ahead of other non-priority visa applications. As indicated in the terms of service, the amount paid for the priority service, as well as the visa fees, is not refundable if the visa application is refused or if the decision is delayed.

We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application. Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website. Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries. You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country.

A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched. If your application was made in a Visa Application Centre, the staff there will contact you when your documents are ready – please do not attend the Centre until you are requested to do so.

Please note that you are advised not to purchase flight tickets until you have secured a visa for travel to the UK.

*List of Appendices:
Appendix 1 - Children / Other Dependants
Appendix 2 - Spouse / Partner
Appendix 4 - Pre-flight family members of Refugees
Appendix 5 - Access Rights to Child

Further information is also available on the UK visas and immigration website.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

darren1972uk
Ireland

Post by darren1972uk » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:09 pm

BIG Dobby wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:14 am
Hi Guys

I just feel like sharing this.

My mum got her EEA Family Permit (FP) on 22 March 2018 being her third application following two refusals.

I am a British citizen but my sister is a family member of eu citizen and they applied for her 3rd application on 7 March 2018 and got her FP on 22 March 2018 Abuja, Nigeria.

For first refusal in August 2017 n application made in June 2017, I posted it - was a wrong policy application (Regulation8), insufficient money transfer receipts 3 months receipts - but Home Office (HO) claimed they saw one) and having UK son who could cater for her mum, which was me.

They challenged this first refusal via First-tier Tribunal and had a hearing slated for 9 April but HO withdrew their decision in March 2018.

For the second refusal in February 2018 and application made in October 2017, ECO doubted the parentage or maternity of my mother saying also there is no historical document/ DNA...

They also challenged it via First-tier Tribunal and they asked the court to link it with the previous refusal but the Tribunal told them HO will not be coming to the Tribunal as they have made decisions in my mum’s favour.

Just wanted to share - mother-in-law’s visa granted!

Can I contact you as I’m having the same problem. 2 denials. They are questioning the link to mother and daughter yet sent so much evidence.

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:15 pm

darren1972uk wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:09 pm
BIG Dobby wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:14 am
Hi Guys

I just feel like sharing this.

My mum got her EEA Family Permit (FP) on 22 March 2018 being her third application following two refusals.

I am a British citizen but my sister is a family member of eu citizen and they applied for her 3rd application on 7 March 2018 and got her FP on 22 March 2018 Abuja, Nigeria.

For first refusal in August 2017 n application made in June 2017, I posted it - was a wrong policy application (Regulation8), insufficient money transfer receipts 3 months receipts - but Home Office (HO) claimed they saw one) and having UK son who could cater for her mum, which was me.

They challenged this first refusal via First-tier Tribunal and had a hearing slated for 9 April but HO withdrew their decision in March 2018.

For the second refusal in February 2018 and application made in October 2017, ECO doubted the parentage or maternity of my mother saying also there is no historical document/ DNA...

They also challenged it via First-tier Tribunal and they asked the court to link it with the previous refusal but the Tribunal told them HO will not be coming to the Tribunal as they have made decisions in my mum’s favour.

Just wanted to share - mother-in-law’s visa granted!

Can I contact you as I’m having the same problem. 2 denials. They are questioning the link to mother and daughter yet sent so much evidence.
Yes but you need permission from the moderator to send PM to me with your contact detail. I’m all yours.

But in the interim if I can get to know your circumstances, then bang on u should be on the right track!

darren1972uk
Ireland

Post by darren1972uk » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:46 pm

Here goes
I’m Irish married to a Cambodia she is with me and has Eea visa. The application for my wife was all good.
Our mother in law lives with us while I lived in Cambodia ( now I’m in the UK with my wife)

So we applied for eea family visa for my mother in law.
We sent evidence she lived with us ( family book)
We sent evidence giving her money via Aunty as my mother in law is not that mobile.
We sent evidence of our marriage. ( which has mother’s name on it)
We sent evidence of my wife’s certificate ( has mother’s name on it)

Then after about 4 months we got a refusal they said that I stated that I was married to my mum. And my mother in law was my daughter????? Hence no evidence so they rejected mother in law. Big error. And the home office said I could not appeal this.
Then I got my Mp involved sent the evidence again to show the home office. Then 2 months later denied again.
The said mother in law has no dna record of being my wives mother.
Also they said if she was the mothrt of my wife they didn’t see evidence that we are married.
So just a few weeks I pointed out how can they question our marriage when you gave my wife a eea visa. Plus I said if you want dna records why don’t you ask.
But they respond via my mp was they stand by the decision. Plus I can’t appeal. Im so tired. I know they are just putting people off to get visa. Please help I don’t know what to do. Thank you

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:54 pm

darren1972uk wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:46 pm
Here goes
I’m Irish married to a Cambodia she is with me and has Eea visa. The application for my wife was all good.
Our mother in law lives with us while I lived in Cambodia ( now I’m in the UK with my wife)

So we applied for eea family visa for my mother in law.
We sent evidence she lived with us ( family book)
We sent evidence giving her money via Aunty as my mother in law is not that mobile.
We sent evidence of our marriage. ( which has mother’s name on it)
We sent evidence of my wife’s certificate ( has mother’s name on it)

Then after about 4 months we got a refusal they said that I stated that I was married to my mum. And my mother in law was my daughter????? Hence no evidence so they rejected mother in law. Big error. And the home office said I could not appeal this.
Then I got my Mp involved sent the evidence again to show the home office. Then 2 months later denied again.
The said mother in law has no dna record of being my wives mother.
Also they said if she was the mothrt of my wife they didn’t see evidence that we are married.
So just a few weeks I pointed out how can they question our marriage when you gave my wife a eea visa. Plus I said if you want dna records why don’t you ask.
But they respond via my mp was they stand by the decision. Plus I can’t appeal. Im so tired. I know they are just putting people off to get visa. Please help I don’t know what to do. Thank you

Thanks for the insight. When next you post Refusal, we want to you to post the Notice of Refusal so we can understand what they actually want from you.

You mother Inlaw should have bank account where you should be paying her monthly support and provided you have been supporting her for over six months, you should be able to make a successful application.

Now to answer your question: if the refusal borders on questions over maternity or parentage, then rejoice for you don’t have any case. What you should do now is to contact registered DNA centre in the uk 🇬🇧 (we used Alphabiolaboraties as they are HO-approved). They will arrange for a mouth swap to be taken for both your mother Inlaw and your wife, and using DHL to get your mother inlaw’s at some dole (ours cost half a thousand pounds)

Get other documents like council tax bill or household bill when u were living together and new evidence of money transfer receipts, shopping receipts, water, gas, medical, tenancy agreement etc.

Write a detailed letter of her circumstances incorporating her monthly budget on excel spreadsheet (the budget should state how much she earns or pension she receives to evidence that you as the sponsor contribute over 50% of her needs), DNA TEST REPORT, various receipts, her bank statement, money transfer receipts, evidence of identity, evidence of marriage, evidence of working, tenancy agreement plus evidence of living in the same household as I mentioned earlier, your wife birth certificate naming her mother on it. Make a fresh application!

Refusal can still be challenged even if you have not been given right of appeal! Get into the habit of challenging it as time is no longer on your side due to Brexit

Feel free to pm me

Thank (I didn’t proofread it)

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:03 pm

Write a detailed letter of her circumstances incorporating her monthly budget on excel spreadsheet (the budget should state how much she earns or pension she receives to evidence that you as the sponsor contribute over 50% of her needs), DNA TEST REPORT, various receipts, her bank statement (showing monthly remittances), your bank statement (6 months or more), 3 months payslips, money transfer receipts, evidence of identity, evidence of marriage, evidence of working, tenancy agreement plus evidence of living in the same household as I mentioned earlier, your wife birth certificate naming her mother on it. Make a fresh application!

Don’t forget to itemise any document you are submitting: List of Supporting Documents so they don’t deny it!

citizenadvise5
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by citizenadvise5 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:27 am

Agreed on writing very detailed letter is crucial in such refusals. Especially since they already did it twice.

(Note: I've had 1 unrelated refusal, but got my FP after we explained all circumstances and included all documents that support our case).

In the letter, be sure to include details of the previous refusals and highlight that you are doing a fresh application as an APPEAL to 2 previous refusals - include the reference numbers and all pertinent details + list of documents you're providing as proof.

Include as much details as possible about your wife and her mum - including, but not limited to:
  • Wife's certificate of Live Birth
    Local certifications from Cambodia (translated in English)
    bank certification that your mother-in-law has been receiving regular remittances from you
Best of luck!
BIG Dobby wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:03 pm
Write a detailed letter of her circumstances incorporating her monthly budget on excel spreadsheet (the budget should state how much she earns or pension she receives to evidence that you as the sponsor contribute over 50% of her needs), DNA TEST REPORT, various receipts, her bank statement (showing monthly remittances), your bank statement (6 months or more), 3 months payslips, money transfer receipts, evidence of identity, evidence of marriage, evidence of working, tenancy agreement plus evidence of living in the same household as I mentioned earlier, your wife birth certificate naming her mother on it. Make a fresh application!

Don’t forget to itemise any document you are submitting: List of Supporting Documents so they don’t deny it!

citizenadvise5
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by citizenadvise5 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:39 am

Thought I'd share my timeline for March 2018 - EEA Family Permit Application - Sheffield.

March 12, 2018 - Application lodged - VFS scanned all our supporting documents
March 12, 2018 - Received SMS that the application has been forwarded to UKVI - Sheffield
March 20, 2018 - Received an email that my application has been prepared for ECO consideration
April 1, 2018 - Received SMS that decision has been made and that my passport will be sent back.
April 3, 2018 - Received my passport. FP stamped on 3/27

WAITING TIME: Total of 16 Business Days
We're quite chuffed with their speed for 2018 considering they must have lots of backlog from last quarter of 2017.

We have noticed that including cover letters explaining why certain documents are not available, why you're supplying a different one than their preferred format, where they could cross reference the details supposed and include all pertinent details that will support your case and help speed up the process. Hope that helps.

Best of luck to those who are still waiting!

Tufail101
Pakistan

Post by Tufail101 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:43 am

citizenadvise5 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:39 am
Thought I'd share my timeline for March 2018 - EEA Family Permit Application - Sheffield.

March 12, 2018 - Received SMS that the application has been forwarded to UKVI - Sheffield
March 20, 2018 - Received an email that my application has been prepared for ECO consideration
April 1, 2018 - Received SMS that decision has been made and that my passport will be sent back.

We're quite chuffed with their speed for 2018 considering they must have lots of backlog from last quarter of 2017.

We have noticed that including cover letters explaining why certain documents are not available, why you're supplying a different one than their preferred format, where they could cross reference the details supposed and include all pertinent details that will support your case and help speed up the process. Hope that helps.

congratulations

haseeb198
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haseeb198 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:27 am

citizenadvise5 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:53 am
haseeb198 wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:47 pm
Hi,

Thanks,
Did you avail of their SMS service? I got the SMS that the application has been forwarded to UKBI - Sheffield on the same day. However, I received the following email 5 business days later (1 week and 1 day - including weekends). After which, it's a guessing/waiting game.

Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the UK Decision Making Centre in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

If you have already had your supporting documents scanned in at the Visa Application Centre, or if you have already sent them in to us, please ignore the request for documents.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.

If you have paid for Priority Service, your application will be placed in front of the queue and assessed ahead of other non-priority visa applications. As indicated in the terms of service, the amount paid for the priority service, as well as the visa fees, is not refundable if the visa application is refused or if the decision is delayed.

We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application. Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website. Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries. You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country.

A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched. If your application was made in a Visa Application Centre, the staff there will contact you when your documents are ready – please do not attend the Centre until you are requested to do so.

Please note that you are advised not to purchase flight tickets until you have secured a visa for travel to the UK.

*List of Appendices:
Appendix 1 - Children / Other Dependants
Appendix 2 - Spouse / Partner
Appendix 4 - Pre-flight family members of Refugees
Appendix 5 - Access Rights to Child

Further information is also available on the UK visas and immigration website.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre
Thanks very much for your help on that. I am hoping they will send me the email later on this week.

haseeb198
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haseeb198 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:29 am

citizenadvise5 wrote:

Did you apply through priority service or normal one?

Thanks for your help.

Tufail101
Pakistan

Post by Tufail101 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:26 am

haseeb198 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:29 am
citizenadvise5 wrote:

Thanks for your help.
hi Haseeb,
i got the email after 5 working days,applied in Islamabad for my wife's FP. there was few days delay due to Easter holidays .do not worry u will get the email soon,where did u apply from ?
regards
Tufail

citizenadvise5
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by citizenadvise5 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:05 pm

Thanks for your help.
For visa processing itself, VFS did not allow us to pay for Priority Visa Processing Service since we were told that it's not available for Family Permits (just Visitor Visa) and they've mentioned that EEA Family Permits are prioritised by default. We only paid for VFS for using their lounge + SMS service.

raph
Newly Registered
France

Post by raph » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:24 am

BIG Dobby wrote:

Hi,
Your comments are so helpful thank you so much!!! I’m in the same situation and have been looking for help but couldn’t find any similar with my case .. Do you mind if I ask, when submitting the DNA test report did you submit the letter that came to the UK sponsor or is it fine to use the one sent by email ? I don’t want to send a printed copy and then face a refusal saying we did not provide the original copy 😕
Thank you ☺️

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:25 am

raph wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:24 am
BIG Dobby wrote:

Hi,
Your comments are so helpful thank you so much!!! I’m in the same situation and have been looking for help but couldn’t find any similar with my case .. Do you mind if I ask, when submitting the DNA test report did you submit the letter that came to the UK sponsor or is it fine to use the one sent by email ? I don’t want to send a printed copy and then face a refusal saying we did not provide the original copy 😕
Thank you ☺️
Hi Raph
We sent Original. However, if your sponsor is overseas, s/he should scan his/her signature (preferably blue pen) into his/her A4 letter which you then print in colour from your location.

raph
Newly Registered
France

Post by raph » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:37 am

BIG Dobby wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:25 am
raph wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:24 am
BIG Dobby wrote:

Hi,
Thank you ☺️
Hi Raph
We sent Original. However, if your sponsor is overseas, s/he should scan his/her signature (preferably blue pen) into his/her A4 letter which you then print in colour from your location.

Thank you so much !! We will send the original report to them Mum is in Nigeria and her son in UK. Thanks again for all ... hoping to come back with a successful one this time

haseeb198
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haseeb198 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:29 pm

Tufail101 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:26 am
haseeb198 wrote:
citizenadvise5 wrote:

Thanks for your help.
hi Haseeb,
i got the email after 5 working days,applied in Islamabad for my wife's FP. there was few days delay due to Easter holidays .do not worry u will get the email soon,where did u apply from ?
regards
Tufail
My mother applied in Lahore and yes i have received the email. Thanks for your help. Keep me posted about your timeline. Best of luck.

haseeb198
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haseeb198 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:30 pm

citizenadvise5 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:05 pm

Thanks for your help.
For visa processing itself, VFS did not allow us to pay for Priority Visa Processing Service since we were told that it's not available for Family Permits (just Visitor Visa) and they've mentioned that EEA Family Permits are prioritised by default. We only paid for VFS for using their lounge + SMS service.
Thanks for your reply. May i ask which country did you apply from? Thanks

Tufail101
Pakistan

Post by Tufail101 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:30 am

haseeb198 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:29 pm
Tufail101 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:26 am
haseeb198 wrote:
citizenadvise5 wrote:

Thanks for your help.
hi Haseeb,
regards
Tufail
My mother applied in Lahore and yes i have received the email. Thanks for your help. Keep me posted about your timeline. Best of luck.
hi Haseeb,
when did u get email,when did Sheffield Visa Section received your online application?mine was 27th of March .
regards
Tufail

Tufail101
Pakistan

Post by Tufail101 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:20 pm

hi uys,
thanks to all for support and sharing the experince i got successful this time,my wife got Family permit.
time line is
applied 22 March .
got email from 27 March.
Got permit stamped on 10th april.

Thanks

meakash619
Newly Registered

Post by meakash619 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Hi Guys,

I am on my Family Permit in the UK.Could anyone confirm if i need to provide same evidence that i provided while applying for FP again for EEA2 application .

Thanks