ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after 6 years discretionary leave...

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

blessedtoday

ILR after 6 years discretionary leave...

Post by blessedtoday » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:39 am

Hello experts can you please confirm on behalf of my my brother please as the UKBA helpline gives out wrong information.

1, What Form does he need to fill out for Indefinate is it Set O or FLR DL

2, Can he use the premium service and go in person

Please advise and thank you so much xx

Casa

Re: ILR after 6 years discretionary leave...

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:50 am

blessedtoday wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:39 am
Hello experts can you please confirm on behalf of my my brother please as the UKBA helpline gives out wrong information.

1, What Form does he need to fill out for Indefinate is it Set O or FLR DL SET(O)

2, Can he use the premium service and go in person Yes, as he is applying to settle in the UK after 6 years discretionary leave

The Home Office 'help line' frequently gives incorrect advice (even on the simplest of immigration issues) as this is outsourced to an agency, with staff who appear to be inadequately trained in the UK Immigration Rules. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

blessedtoday

Post by blessedtoday » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:55 am

Thank you so much this is helpful, and they always give out wrong information for how much they charge its a shame...

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:58 am

blessedtoday wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:55 am
Thank you so much this is helpful, and they always give out wrong information for how much they charge its a shame...
Even more so that they take no responsibility for the consequences of their incorrect advice. :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:38 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:58 am
blessedtoday wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:55 am
Even more so that they take no responsibility for the consequences of their incorrect advice. :!:
You would think for the insane amount of money they charge for their applications, basic correct advice would be at least in their service standard, but it isn't.

Cowboy builders, More like cowboy UKVI!!
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:27 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:50 am
blessedtoday wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:39 am

1, What Form does he need to fill out for Indefinate is it Set O or FLR DL SET(O)

2, Can he use the premium service and go in person Yes, as he is applying to settle in the UK after 6 years discretionary leave

The Home Office 'help line' frequently gives incorrect advice (even on the simplest of immigration issues) as this is outsourced to an agency, with staff who appear to be inadequately trained in the UK Immigration Rules. :idea:
Government outsource this thus the HO doesn't need to take any responsibility just in case wrong information provided.