ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP card replacement (Indefinite leave to remain (ILR))

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BandannaBoy
Newly Registered
South Africa

BRP card replacement (Indefinite leave to remain (ILR))

Post by BandannaBoy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:37 pm

Good day

I was on holiday back in my home country of South Africa and my rental vehicle was broken into and unfortunately my wallet had fallen out my pocket after a long day up table mountain and was stolen (My BRP card was inside).

Now this happened 3 days before my flight back home to London, as a permanent resident, I had know idea how much of an issue this was until I tried to follow all the steps required for me to be able to receive a temporary sticker in my passport to travel back. In total, nearly £2000.00 and around two weeks of being stuck in a hotel waiting to get my passport back from UKVI.(Lets not mention somebody four days later found the contents of my wallet including my BRP which had already been cancelled at this point, so became useless accounting to UKVI)

Next case and point arriving back in London and now going through a "terrible process" of simply having my BRP card replaced. Nearly three months in and yet to receive my BRP card and im about to travel to Jamaica for my wedding anniversary.

I'm now trying to upgrade my application to a premium service (£500) on top of the £100 I've already spend but im even sure if its possible at this point.

What I'm battling to understand is the blatant illegal actions of denying a person who has committed absolutely no crime (Is a "victim" of crime) whatsoever yet has his/her freedom of movement taken away from him/her be a normal course of action the government is allowed to subject a law obeying human too.

I would like to get together people who are experiencing this total injustice and see how we can change/challenge these illegal procedures?

However what I really find amusing is as a South African I can travel back from Jamaica (worst-case scenario) visa free to Dublin Ireland then rent a vehicle, drive two hours to Belfast international and with my UK driver's license fly back to London. Which just shows how pathetic the systems are within the UK currently and truly need to be changed for the better.