ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NVC delays!!!

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

smp17
Newly Registered

Adjust status on ESTA?

Post by smp17 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:27 am

Hi

So, in the past 12 months, I have read a few cases of couples doing the above and the interviewing officer has not asked about entrance intentions. My I-130 has been approved (2nd notice I-797), and we are thinking about picking up in the US even though it is being sent to NVC and should then be processed in London.

Should we do this? How long does it take to hear the decision in the US?

Thanks

smp17
Newly Registered

NVC progress

Post by smp17 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:45 pm

Hi there

Feeling really annoyed about the progress of my spousal visa with NVC. Here's what we have so far-

-called last week, just short of 6 weeks since the date of my USCIS NOA2/acceptance letter, informed that since it was 6 weeks and they still hadn't received the case, to call a few days later...for whatever reason...
-called a few days later as instructed, told that NVC received case 15th February!!!! For some reason, first person I called a few days earlier did not tell me this! This lady told me she would send my case to a supervisor as it was clearly out of standard time-lines for a case number to be generated.
-called a week later, today, to be told that case enquiry would be e-mailed to supervisor (???!!!). Asked many questions, no answers.

Is this normal???? My NOA2 from USCIS was dated 22/01/2018. The priority date is 04/28/2017. NVC apparently received my case 02/15/2018. Still I have no case number. Any advice on what to do next??? Phone calls seriously aren't getting me anywhere.

Thanks

smp17
Newly Registered

NVC advice

Post by smp17 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:43 am

Hi there

So I have went online and paid the affidavit fee and submitted by choice of agent form (I will call and ask them to verify this on the phone today).  Question is - as I must mail my documents to them, do I need to wait until I've paid all the fees etc and do it in the order they suggest on the welcome letter, or can I go ahead and send all my documents to them now to save time later?

Cheers in advance for any help!

smp17
Newly Registered

NVC delays!!!

Post by smp17 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:28 am

So we paid the AOS fee and 2 days later it was marked as paid and we moved to the next fee. Paid that when it was available and it's now 6 days after paying it and of course it's still "in process". Part of me thinks this is their trick to slow-down cases and their workload. They don't offer any help whatsoever and I feel after paying everything we have that our case is being unnecessarily delayed.

Anyone have similar views/experiences/tricks to get things moving? Really just want to get that DS-260 done and dusted as we have already sent them the full document package (about a week ago) so we will have nothing left to do with NVC.

magyros13
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: NVC delays!!!

Post by magyros13 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:32 pm

I submitted all financial and civil documents on Aug. 1st to the NVC. 3 days later, they rejected 2 documents (birth certificate and marriage certificate) stating that they don't meet the requirements and guidelines of the documents they accept. When I call the NVC to dispute this, they state that the documents are legit, and that they have transferred my case to their supervisor to fix the mistake, which can take up to 6 weeks!! Until the supervisor approves my documents, I cannot submit them altogether.

So my documents are basically put on hold for up to 6 weeks due to a "mistake" one of the employees made! I called today to follow up and nothing has changed. I asked to speak with the supervisor, who is the person that has to submit my documents. The supervisor gave me the same answer, that even though my documents are correct, it will take up to 6 weeks for them to re-review and accept them!!!

This is 6 weeks on top of the time it takes them to actually process them for my visa interview. Pure nonsense to delay my visa process!!