ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to Europe with EEA 2 Bio-metric Residence Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aj2018
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Travel to Europe with EEA 2 Bio-metric Residence Card

Post by Aj2018 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:23 pm

Hi All,

I have a question with regards to travel restriction to Europe.

I have an EEA2 BRC which is valid for 5 years. 1) Was wondering will i be allowed to travel to Europe with the this card? and what is the maximum period i can spend there? Or 2) do i need to apply for a schengen visa?

Also, if the former was the case, then will it be OK to travel without my spouse which is my sponsor? or the spouse needs to be with me every time i travel?

Thanks in advance

Mugen
Ukraine

Re: Travel to Europe with EEA 2 Bio-metric Residence Card

Post by Mugen » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:40 pm

If you are traveling with your eea spouse then you don’t need a visa. If you want to travel alone - apply for one.

Aj2018
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by Aj2018 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:01 am

Thanks Mujen. How about entering the UK? What if we traveled together to Europe but I had to go back to the UK on my own?

Aj2018
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by Aj2018 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi,

Anyone could advise me on my question? Will i be allowed to travel to Europe on my own?

Thanks in advance

Jimmybones100

Post by Jimmybones100 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:28 am

If you travel with your sponsor or are going to meet them if Europe you don’t need a visa but if you are travelling alone you need a visa to travel in Europe and on your way back the Border official will ask you a few questions about your sponsor.Just happened to me.