ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

venomby
BANNED

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by venomby » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:37 pm

mullmitt wrote: Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right thread but couldn't find any better matching one. I just attended my citizenship ceremony last week and I was wondering what all institutions I have to inform about the change of my status. The obvious one is my employer, but I was wondering do I need to contact my bank, National Insurance, NHS, Council, HMRC...

Thanks,

Chandni
You need to change your nationality in the voters list. Besides that you need do nothing. HMRC NI will be intimated automatically by HO Bank does not care,

Jonny31t
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jonny31t » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:52 pm

Question:

I applied using JCAP - which was received by HO on 16 March.

When does the passport money get deducted? It hasn't yet.

Brand
United Kingdom

Post by Brand » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:29 pm

I just wanted to mention that I have received my passport today. I applied mid November 2017 so this marks the end of my journey.

Just wanted to thank this free forum for providing valuable information throughout the process.

All the best to all those waiting and my advice be patient and your decision will come, especially if you have been law-abiding and have no wrong doings. It's just a matter of time. Do not compare your case to other cases, everyone is different. The home office has to perform checks so just be patient.

I applied mid November and I got my approval in the second week of March even though I have seen people on here who applied a month or two after me said they received their approval before me. Citizenship is different from a visa or a residence permit, it means the government will have to help you if you have trouble aboard so indeed the process is more complex than a visa or permit.

All the best!

mohdharis
Newly Registered

Post by mohdharis » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:01 am

Hi there!
I would like to know whether or not its normal its been two weeks since I used NCS hertfordshire but I haven't received any letters nor the money gone off my account. I have checked the timelines and on average money is taken off account in 7 days while mine has been two weeks. I have just spoken to my bank to find out whether there was any attempt for 1282 which they have blocked and they say they haven't blocked any attempts nor any payment attempt was made. I shall appreciate a reply. Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:22 am

mohdharis wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:01 am
Hi there!
I would like to know whether or not its normal its been two weeks since I used NCS hertfordshire but I haven't received any letters nor the money gone off my account. I have checked the timelines and on average money is taken off account in 7 days while mine has been two weeks. I have just spoken to my bank to find out whether there was any attempt for 1282 which they have blocked and they say they haven't blocked any attempts nor any payment attempt was made. I shall appreciate a reply. Thank you
There are usually a rush of applications at this time of year due to the fee increases this Friday. Also note that the Easter bank holiday weekend will also have likely caused delays.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yosephn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by yosephn » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi there! 
I would like to know whether or not its normal its been 3 weeks since I got approval (15th march) but I haven't received any letters from passport office, I played the same time with my British citizenship on 7th of September 2017. and I booked ceremony for 17th of April, should I contact passport office or just wait?

Thank you

Jonny31t
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jonny31t » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:41 pm

yosephn wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:39 pm
Hi there!
I would like to know whether or not its normal its been 3 weeks since I got approval (15th march) but I haven't received any letters from passport office, I played the same time with my British citizenship on 7th of September 2017. and I booked ceremony for 17th of April, should I contact passport office or just wait?

Thank you
You have to wait till you attend the ceremony first.

randomperson
Latvia

Post by randomperson » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:39 am

yosephn wrote:
Hi there! 

Thank you
The up-to-three-weeks wait is from the date of your ceremony - until you've done the ceremony, you have not been naturalized and are not a citizen.

Nomslan
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Nomslan » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:52 am

Hi y’all
I have a question , I recently applied through NCS on the 27th and I was told they no longer do the passport check at the same time, anyone know about this?

Brand
United Kingdom

Post by Brand » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:17 am

randomperson wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:39 am
yosephn wrote:
Hi there! 

Thank you
The up-to-three-weeks wait is from the date of your ceremony - until you've done the ceremony, you have not been naturalized and are not a citizen.
If you applied for a joint application, you have nothing to do with HMPO as your local council will inform them when you have had you ceremony. I have received my passport this week and I never contacted the passport office. My passport took 2 weeks to arrive after my ceremony.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:10 pm

yosephn wrote:
Hi there! 

Thank you
I have exactly same dates as yours for approval and ceremony, passport would come once ceremony is over, they inform HMPO internally.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

yosephn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by yosephn » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:22 pm

yosephn wrote:
Hi there! 
I would like to know whether or not its normal its been 3 weeks since I got approval (15th march) but I haven't received any letters from passport office, I applied the same time with my British citizenship on 7th of September 2017. and I booked ceremony for 17th of April, should I contact passport office or just wait?

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:40 pm

yosephn wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:22 pm
yosephn wrote:
Hi there! 
I would like to know whether or not its normal its been 3 weeks since I got approval (15th march) but I haven't received any letters from passport office, I applied the same time with my British citizenship on 7th of September 2017. and I booked ceremony for 17th of April, should I contact passport office or just wait?

Thank you
No need to contact HMPO - you are not a BC yet.
You will not get a separate letter from HMPO.
Your passport will be sent to you after the ceremony, within 2 or 3 weeks.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

barabashka

Post by barabashka » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:18 pm

Dear All
I have seen here that some people get "text" (SMS?) from HMPO during the processing of their naturalisation +JCAP application.
I have not received any text but the fee has been deducted...
Do all people with naturalisation/JCAP get/supposed to get this message from HMPO and what the message says?
Thanks

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:25 pm

barabashka wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:18 pm

Do all people with naturalisation/JCAP get/supposed to get this message from HMPO?
Thanks
No!

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:40 pm

So my MP had written to the Home Office (as it has been more than 7 months now) to request an update and has now recieved a reply......... Same copy-pasted generic response with no further clarification on why it's delayed so much and what exactly they are waiting for... Wonder when this ordeal will end :(

ZFDar
Pakistan

Post by ZFDar » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:44 am

Hi Maha Malik

I still haven't received an approval letter yet, however I emailed them on 06th of April and got a reply back on the same day saying "You will be contacted by post within 21 working days"...

Have u received anything yet?

mahamalik wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:55 pm
ZFDar wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:02 pm
Hi Guys,

I applied on 3rd of November, and I am still waiting for a decision yet. I am getting little impatient now :( .

I emailed them yesterday and got very generic reply “Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 32th November 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered”… (32th Nov 2017) Yes that's right... lol
hi ZFDar

did you get your approval letter ?
could you please update your case ? I am in same situation.
thanks

mmali

Post by mmali » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi Everyone,
I applied for naturalisation on 14/12/2017 and still waiting for the outcome.My solicitor did not do a good job because he sent my wife original passport along with my application which she need it now. I did an online request for returning my wife original passport on 15/03/2018.I did not receive it within 10 working days so I again on 03/04/2018 filled another online form Called (I did not receive my document) again .I have not heard anything from HO yet.
My question ,Has any member experienced such thing in returning document request?
If nothing happen ,what would be my next step?
Thanks

mach1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mach1 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:08 pm

Dear forum experts,

I am a regular viewer of this very useful forum. I have a question which I am sure the forum experts will help me about. Recently I have applied for naturalization. After I sent the application, my second referee informed me that his passport had already expired on 1st of March 2018 but he signed my application on 6 March 2018 and wrote his expired passport number on my application. He is my second referee (a normal British citizen but not a professional). He has applied for a new one. My question is: Should I inform the home office about it or is it not a big deal?

Your expert advice will be appreciated.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:13 am

mach1 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:08 pm
Dear forum experts,

I am a regular viewer of this very useful forum. I have a question which I am sure the forum experts will help me about. Recently I have applied for naturalization. After I sent the application, my second referee informed me that his passport had already expired on 1st of March 2018 but he signed my application on 6 March 2018 and wrote his expired passport number on my application. He is my second referee (a normal British citizen but not a professional). He has applied for a new one. My question is: Should I inform the home office about it or is it not a big deal?

UKVI will contact the referee if they deem necessary, but they will have the details via HMPO anyway. This does not affect the application. They could also contact you to nominate another referee. It's rare to see here reports regarding referee issues, sometimes a referee has been contacted.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mach1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mach1 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:46 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:13 am
mach1 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:08 pm
Dear forum experts,

UKVI will contact the referee if they deem necessary, but they will have the details via HMPO anyway. This does not affect the application. They could also contact you to nominate another referee. It's rare to see here reports regarding referee issues, sometimes a referee has been contacted.
Hi alterhase58,

Many thanks for your reply. This is really very helpful. I will let my second referee know that they might contact him about it, although this is quite rare. Alternatively, if, at all, they want me to nominate another referee then I will have no problem doing that. Thanks very much once again.

CdeT
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by CdeT » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:10 am

Dear Good People

I am a regular viewer of this very useful forum. I have a question which I am sure the forum experts will help me about. Recently I have applied for naturalization through JCAP NCS on 12 December 2017; Biometrics on 22 December 2017.It is 4 months to date and still waiting. I came in the UK on a 6 month visa and sought Asylum before my visa had expired and was granted within a week. I do think I should pass the Character checks as I do not have any issues I am aware off. When I sent my application I anticipated that it may take 6 months to be processed and had made some travel arrangements to Spain beginning of August for a week only (it’s always advised not to do this) and now I am getting worried that by August I may not have received Approval/Rejection notice..MY QUESTION IS: Is it possible to renew my Travel Document (TD112 BRP) whilst waiting for my citizenship application to be processed. I retained all my original documents.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:51 am

shaftri wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:00 pm
silverchloride wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:43 pm
shaftri wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:40 pm
same as you, my case is straight forward. I applied in May 2017 still not decided yet.
That's almost 10 months... crazy! :(

What is your immigration history? Did you have any communication with them? Do you have any inkling as to why they delayed it so much?
Applied as 10 yr long residence.Tier4(MSc student ),Tier1(Post-study work visas),Tier4(PhD student).Never had any immigration or legal complications, I believe my case is straight forward, Contact the HO many time by email, and MP with no reply.

Did you hear anything yet?

Jadoom
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Jadoom » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:22 pm

silverchloride wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:51 am
shaftri wrote:
silverchloride wrote:
shaftri wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:40 pm
same as you, my case is straight forward. I applied in May 2017 still not decided yet.

What is your immigration history? Did you have any communication with them? Do you have any inkling as to why they delayed it so much?
Applied as 10 yr long residence.Tier4(MSc student ),Tier1(Post-study work visas),Tier4(PhD student).Never had any immigration or legal complications, I believe my case is straight forward, Contact the HO many time by email, and MP with no reply.

Hi
You can contact on these two emails and you can findout your application status

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

And rest i explained it before.

shaftri
Newly Registered

Post by shaftri » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:34 am

Jadoom wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:22 pm
silverchloride wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:51 am
shaftri wrote:
silverchloride wrote:

Hi
You can contact on these two emails and you can findout your application status

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

And rest i explained it before.
Not yet :cry: , still waiting