ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 entrepreneur extension 2nd application refused on basis of interview

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

brv5254

Re: T1 ext admin review time

Post by brv5254 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi all,

i got my T1 entrepreneur visa rejected on 12 Oct 17, i would like to apply to for Admin review to get time to make Tier2 application. could any one say how many days they will take to give decision on admin review. i know it is with in 28 days, but i wonder is any applied admin review recently and got decision with 2-3 weeks. i would like to know how many days they taking these days. Many thanks in advance

manu2017
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by manu2017 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:22 pm

brv5254 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:10 pm
Hi all,

i got my T1 entrepreneur visa rejected on 12 Oct 17, i would like to apply to for Admin review to get time to make Tier2 application. could any one say how many days they will take to give decision on admin review. i know it is with in 28 days, but i wonder is any applied admin review recently and got decision with 2-3 weeks. i would like to know how many days they taking these days. Many thanks in advance
Really sorry to hear about the outcome. I believe they take upto 25 working days, but it depends on the application and its complexity. May I know when did you apply and what are the reasons of the rejection please. Thanks

brv5254

Post by brv5254 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:36 pm

Applied 29 Mar 17. and got refusal on 12 Oct 17 ( dated on letter ).
Reason : Accountant compilation report is not included, they did not award the points for investment.

My solicitor is saying, as i applied before 4th Apr 14, there is no rule that time, you are exempted from thet rule, based on grounds we can go for admin review.

i want to to know if it is correct, please any one suggest me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:54 pm

Did your refusal have anything to do with the below, which you posted in January 2015?
brv5254 wrote:
Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:18 pm
hi i received my T1 entraprenuer visa on Apr 7th 2014, my problem is i couldnt able to find any contract job on that time, and then i continued my naormal job which is customer sercice job ( i get paid by my NI number ), i am thinking to continue it for two years, and i want to resign my job in third year, beacuse i have to submit my final year company accounts to the home office, what my doubt is, when i apply for my extension, is the home office check what i did last 3 years, or they only check final year? and i want to know they check my NI number from 3 years or they only check final year? please help me, i got cionfused, when i am eligible to extend my application or not?
uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/tier-1-ent ... l#p1137611
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brv5254

Post by brv5254 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:03 pm

No nothing like that it is said.
only reason they included Accountant compilation report is not provided. and i did resign my job in when i got my visa T1 Entrepreneur itself.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:52 pm

brv5254 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:03 pm
No nothing like that it is said.
only reason they included Accountant compilation report is not provided. and i did resign my job in when i got my visa T1 Entrepreneur itself.
So why do you want to go for Tier 2. You just need to reapply your Tier 1 with the proper documents.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

brv5254

T1 entrepreneur extension 2nd application refused on basis of interview

Post by brv5254 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi All,

My 2nd T1E extension application was refused due to the following reasons, Please help me.

I applied - 10/11/17
Interview - 20/03/18
Refuals - 06/04/18

Reasons for refusal:
1) Advertisement money not on shown in the financial accounts.
2) UKVI saying that I didnt remember Business premises previous addresses
3) Incorporated business name not shown on marketing material
4) We were providing training for clients and UKVI asked for course material and i told them that i will provide later which i did after interview.UKVI raised that material wasn't shown in the interview and didnt have soft copy.
5) Client contract & invoices were not shown during interview but subimitted later.
6) Current employee contracts were not shown during interview but subimitted later.

Rockey
Member of Standing

Re: T1 entrepreneur extension 2nd application refused on basis of interview

Post by Rockey » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:46 pm

sorry to hear mate..

First what help do you need and whats your query! it looks like could not pass genuine test,
have you been awarded all rest of points ?
what is nature of ur business, was it Director loan or capital share? did you submit full three year business bank statement or just selected online?
Best Regards

Rockey

brv5254

Post by brv5254 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:28 pm

Rockey wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:46 pm
sorry to hear mate..

First what help do you need and whats your query! it looks like could not pass genuine test,

i am looking for admin review help . could any one senior members help me out to write down admin review point by point.

have you been awarded all rest of points ?
- only awarded points for maintenance & english language
what is nature of ur business,
IT Training & consulting
was it Director loan or capital share?
Share caiptal
did you submit full three year business bank statement or just selected online?
2016/17

brv5254

Post by brv5254 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:48 am

Could anyone help me to find out the link in policy guidance or any where that

Compliance officer should send the interview notes when an applicant is requested by email or post. or he should not reject to give the interview notes.

thank in advance

khizar195
Newly Registered

Post by khizar195 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:59 am

Have you Applied for JR for the first application?
TIA

brv5254

Post by brv5254 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:10 am

khizar195 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:59 am
Have you Applied for JR for the first application?
TIA
No, Khizar195
I applied for AR and mean time prepared for fresh application documents, after all my documents ready, I withdraw AR and at the same time applied for 2nd application.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:35 am

Very sorry to hear about this.
Why was your first application turned down?

brv5254

Post by brv5254 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:38 am

sm12 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:35 am
Very sorry to hear about this.
Why was your first application turned down?
Accountant compilation report document was missing from accounts. i withdraw AR and applied for 2nd application.

brv5254

Post by brv5254 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:58 am

Could anyone who are senior members please help me to argue point by point in the AR.
as this is my second application.

ssb27

Post by ssb27 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:17 am

I am sorry for your refusal....
You have to give more information on what you told the compliance officer on the day of the interview. Do you feel like your answers were misquoted?

Below are my immediate responses but if you give us more detail then we can guide you further

Reasons for refusal:
Was any money actually spent on advertisement? did you tell case worker you spent money on advert? If money was spent why wasn't it included in your financial account?

How many times have you moved your business address? Depends on if it was the previous address or address from 3years ago. Here you could argue that you have moved so many times that you can't remember each address
What marketing material was this?
4) We were providing training for clients and UKVI asked for course material and i told them that i will provide later which i did after interview.UKVI raised that material wasn't shown in the interview and didnt have soft copy.
you could say you couldn't access the materials at the time because you had issues with accessing your dropbox
5) Client contract & invoices were not shown during interview but subimitted later.
Same argument as 4
6) Current employee contracts were not shown during interview but subimitted later.
Same argument as 4

brv5254

Post by brv5254 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:43 am

ssb27 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:17 am
I am sorry for your refusal....
You have to give more information on what you told the compliance officer on the day of the interview. Do you feel like your answers were misquoted?

Below are my immediate responses but if you give us more detail then we can guide you further

Reasons for refusal:
Was any money actually spent on advertisement? did you tell case worker you spent money on advert? If money was spent why wasn't it included in your financial account?

While the question he asked he did not mention any particular year, that is the reason i told recently spent figures, ( those accounts are not submitted yet which is 2018 ). but in the refusal letter it says he asked for year 2016 & 2017. i am pretty sure he did not mention the year while asking

How many times have you moved your business address? Depends on if it was the previous address or address from 3 years ago. Here you could argue that you have moved so many times that you can't remember each address
the interviewer asked dates and address of previously my company trading, i told him i didn't remember the dates, but i know address, then i open companies house to check in, immediately they said why can't you remember, it is your own business. and i replied that i know address and i can't remember dates.
i have 4 different address. that is the reason i open companies house.

What marketing material was this?
Flyer. i use my brand name on leaflet instead of incorporated name. i assume no other company will advertise their full incorporated name on their flyers or leaflets. though i my website displayed my full incorporated name with copy right.
and they mentioned one of the company resembles my company name in the companies house.

you could say you couldn't access the materials at the time because you had issues with accessing your dropbox
told them same reason, i don't have it at the moment, because we are not proving training services since from 1 1/2 year, i will look for it and send it, they gace 14 days to sent it. i sent within 5 days. ( they mention it is not saved electronically while asked, the interviewer did not asked me to show in the email.)

5) Client contract & invoices were not shown during interview but submitted later.
Same argument as 4
i have access to all the documents while the interview is going, interviewer said we will go through questions first and at the end we will look in to the documents. after the interview they gave me check list to send all documents to their email ( with in 1 day ) and some of them by post with in 14 days. i sent all the documents even without missing single document.

Same argument as 4
interviewer ever sent me acknowledged email to me, saying that the documents you submitted will consider in order to make decision, which case worker did not consider not even single document. ( in the refusal letter he did not mention any document which i submitted after interview )

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:10 pm

brv5254 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:48 am

Compliance officer should send the interview notes when an applicant is requested by email or post. or he should not reject to give the interview notes.

thank in advance
There is no such official guidance on interview notes, but from the responses of others in this forum, they seem to generally send it. Have you asked ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

brv5254

Post by brv5254 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:20 pm

marcnath wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:10 pm
brv5254 wrote:

thank in advance
There is no such official guidance on interview notes, but from the responses of others in this forum, they seem to generally send it. Have you asked ?
hi marcnath,
i did ask for them after interview, and he rejected to give it.
while sending additional doc's we mention in the covering letter to send us interview notes and they ignored.
i sent an email today to Compliance officer's, no reply from them.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:21 pm

While I support the genuineness criteria, none of these seem to be used to determine that. This is more a test of your memory skills and maybe document management systems.

But that seems to be the trend.

Argue exactly that - these have no implication on how genuine the business is. Give some key facts about your business history, which I hope is consistent and ongoing.

Why was your 1st application refused ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:24 pm

marcnath wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:21 pm
While I support the genuineness criteria, none of these seem to be used to determine that. This is more a test of your memory skills and maybe document management systems.

Argue exactly that - these have no implication on how genuine the business is. Give some key facts about your business history, which I hope is consistent and ongoing.

Topics merged for you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brv5254

Post by brv5254 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:30 pm

marcnath wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:21 pm

Accountant compilation report document is missing from accounts.

kaps84
Member of Standing

Post by kaps84 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:04 pm

@brv5254, By reading about this thread for the inputs so far. It seems to me that you can create a very strong argument for AR. Those do not seem to be the reasons enough to say that a business is not genuine. Moreover, they have given points only for maintenance and English language only. Why did they not give you points for investment, job creation and being a director? - they should have explained it point by point in the refusal.

And after submitting your AR, you should also go for complaint against this issue. They should not give these silly reasons for rejection. There has been a case on this forum already where the OP filed the AR and also complained against the CW / interviewer and the decision was overturned within a week.

And if AR is turned down for any reason, in my opinion rejection reasons will not stand in JR (since you have all the documentation against those points and beyond).

Would you mind sharing (after removing the sensitive information) or typing the refusal as-is? in case there is more to the refusal.
-- Kaps84

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:51 pm

brv5254 wrote:

thank in advance
hello i am sorry for ur refusal .. m sure u will be fine... as these are very silly reasons..
regarding interview notes i did ask my CO as well and she said she cant provide it . Its different department where we need to put in writing and then they can send us. so my understanding is they aint allowed to give it.. good luck and will be praying for ur success in AR. good luck.

brv5254

Post by brv5254 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:12 pm

kaps84 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:04 pm
@brv5254, By reading about this thread for the inputs so far. It seems to me that you can create a very strong argument for AR. Those do not seem to be the reasons enough to say that a business is not genuine.
i have the email communication with employee, client & accountant. and also work done by employee. assigning work all. and i sent all those after interview.

Moreover, they have given points only for maintenance and English language only. Why did they not give you points for investment, job creation and being a director? - they should have explained it point by point in the refusal.
In Guidelines it says
We will take into account the following:
• the evidence you submit;
• the viability and credibility of the source of the money referred to in Table D: Extension
Applications
• the credibility of the financial accounts of the business or businesses;
• the credibility of your business activity in the UK;
• the credibility of the job creation which you are claiming points;
• if the nature of the business requires mandatory accreditation, registration and/or
insurance, whether that accreditation, registration and/or insurance has been obtained;
and
• any other relevant information.

on above they rejected on 3rd, 4th & 5th points
3rd one - mentioned advertising material cost is not shown in accounts
4ht - business premises not remembered, company full name is shown on flyer, course material is not shown on visit, clients contracts not shown during visit.
5ht - current employee contracts & payslips not shown on visit.

And after submitting your AR, you should also go for complaint against this issue. They should not give these silly reasons for rejection. There has been a case on this forum already where the OP filed the AR and also complained against the CW / interviewer and the decision was overturned within a week.

could you post that link here

And if AR is turned down for any reason, in my opinion rejection reasons will not stand in JR (since you have all the documentation against those points and beyond).

Would you mind sharing (after removing the sensitive information) or typing the refusal as-is? in case there is more to the refusal.
i will post it in next post.
on top of that all the documents which sent to CO's email and documents sent it by post. i dont know whether case worker saw those documents or not, he did not mention not even a signle line about additional document sent after interview. i assume CO's are not given those documents to case worker.

and also they ask me to send documents to TMT11 by post which i did, and i got decision from TMT12. which is documents went to different place.