ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused Naturalisation and travelling to Zimbabwe

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jill1404
Newly Registered
United States of America

Refused Naturalisation and travelling to Zimbabwe

Post by Jill1404 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:08 pm

I came to the UK as a student visa from Zimbabwe and got my ILR as being 10 years student here.But in 2014 I applied my naturalisation and Home office refused my naturalisation application as a TOEIC issue said which I didn't give it my self and done by other.From Home office letter said I can't apply British Citizen for 10 years. For the truth is I gave myself first one and another one is paid money.Now all my husband and 5 children became the British Citizen.

My question is:

(1) Can I apply now naturalisation saying all my families got the British Citizenship?
(2) Also if I go Zimbabwe for holiday this year, while returning will there be any problem with an Immigration officer at the Heathrow Airport due to my TOEIC and refused Naturalisation?
(3) Will Immigration Officer let me in without any problem or not?
(4) Can I take my husband and children British Passport as the proof that my family are here in the UK just on the safe side?

Thank you

Jill

baddy

Re: Refused Naturalisation and travelling to Zimbabwe

Post by baddy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:06 pm

Jill1404 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:08 pm
I came to the UK as a student visa from Zimbabwe and got my ILR as being 10 years student here.But in 2014 I applied my naturalisation and Home office refused my naturalisation application as a TOEIC issue said which I didn't give it my self and done by other.From Home office letter said I can't apply British Citizen for 10 years. For the truth is I gave myself first one and another one is paid money.Now all my husband and 5 children became the British Citizen.

My question is:

(1) Can I apply now naturalisation saying all my families got the British Citizenship?
(2) Also if I go Zimbabwe for holiday this year, while returning will there be any problem with an Immigration officer at the Heathrow Airport due to my TOEIC and refused Naturalisation?
(4) Can I take my husband and children British Passport as the proof that my family are here in the UK just on the safe side?

Thank you

Jill
(1) Can I apply now naturalisation saying all my families got the British Citizenship? NO, you cant. It will be refused as you have a record of deception. The clock will reset in 2024
(2) Also if I go Zimbabwe for holiday this year, while returning will there be any problem with an Immigration officer at the Heathrow Airport due to my TOEIC and refused Naturalisation? No, you are free to travel. Just be ready, the immigration officer might stop you for some paperwork when you arrive back. But it is not a problem, you will be let in.
(3) Will Immigration Officer let me in without any problem or not? They will let you in. But they might do some checks and paper work due to your refusal.
(4) Can I take my husband and children British Passport as the proof that my family are here in the UK just on the safe side? There is no need.

Jill1404
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Jill1404 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:11 pm

Hi Baddy, thanks for your answer, my last question is I am also planning to take Home Office to court for reconsideration from behalf of my family background as all my husband and 5 children got the British Citizenship.Will it be worth to apply again my Naturalisation for my British Passport through spending with the good solicitors or it's not a worth until 2024.

Thanks Jill

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:26 pm

The refusal due to deception was correct. You have no grounds for a reconsideration, considering you accept the fact that your second test was taken by a proxy. You are fortunate that your ILR hasn't been revoked. In your situation I would keep your head down and re-apply in 2024.

The fact that the rest of your family have been granted British citizenship is irrelevant.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:01 pm

Some people...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:31 pm

baddy wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:06 pm

(1) Can I apply now naturalisation saying all my families got the British Citizenship? NO, you cant. It will be refused as you have a record of deception. The clock will reset in 2024
There is no basis for saying she will not qualify until 2024. The question is when deception was used and not when the naturalisation application was refused. It may well be the case that the alleged deception occurred well before 2014, and that will be the starting point under the 10 year preclusion.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:33 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:01 pm
Some people...
Wholly inappropriate. OP is here to seek advise and not to be judged or to have smug comments being leveled against her.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Jill1404
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Jill1404 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:15 pm

The refusal due to deception was correct. You have no grounds for a reconsideration, considering you accept the fact that your second test was taken by a proxy. You are fortunate that your ILR hasn't been revoked. In your situation I would keep your head down and re-apply in 2024.

The fact that the rest of your family have been granted British citizenship is irrelevant.
[/quote]

Hi Casa,to say you frankly I did myself the one TOEIC and another one was a proxy but which was never used in the Home Office Application.Now Home Office said my both TOEIC are proxy.

Jill1404
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Jill1404 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:17 pm

Hi Obie,to say you frankly I did myself the one TOEIC and another one was a proxy but which was never used in the Home Office Application.Now Home Office said my both TOEIC are proxy.Can I again reapply before soon my naturalisation!

London20

Post by London20 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:49 pm

Jill1404 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:08 pm

My question is:

Hi.did home office call you for the interview?

Thank you

Jill

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:15 am

Jill1404 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:15 pm

Hi Casa,to say you frankly I did myself the one TOEIC and another one was a proxy but which was never used in the Home Office Application.Now Home Office said my both TOEIC are proxy.
[/quote]

then why you used proxy? if not with home office but something else, what did you used for? in this case as HO knows you used proxy, even you can clarify not using proxy for home office application, but you are also in the trap of Good character. I think Casa is correct. You are lucky the HO didn't revoke your ILR even they believe your TOEIC used for ILR application is proxy. silence is gold in this case.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.