ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Ineligible

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Stuntdadda
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Naturalisation first letter

Post by Stuntdadda » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi everyone,
I just applied for nauturalisation from Northern Ireland and within a week they received it they replied which I thought was great. They listed about 7 things and 6 out of it I’ve already put together but there’s this bit about “bank Statement from 2015 to 2017 covering January to June”. Can anyone please explain if I have to get bank Statement for each of those month which would mean 18 bank Statement over the 3yrs period asked. Another important thing is the first year from the 3yrs I haven’t got a bank account in that year as I just got my residency from home office later that first year. I have 28days to reply so any advise from anyone who’s probably been in that situation or know someone who’s been in that situation?
Thanks

Stuntdadda
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Employment and Home address Update With INIS

Post by Stuntdadda » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:12 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question as to what to do here and how to go about it. I have an ongoing citizenship application in progress with INIS, we are moving house and I want to update my Employment status with my new job.
Anyone gone through this? I’d be grateful for any advise.
Thanks

Volkanerinamira
Turkey

Re: Employment and Home address Update With INIS

Post by Volkanerinamira » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:20 am

I recently moved house. I just emailed them. I have since recieved letters from them to my new address

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Employment and Home address Update With INIS

Post by broli » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:22 pm

you need to update your address at your local garda show your gnib and proof of address within 2-3 weeks!!!!!

when you e-mail INIS your local registration office will not be aware of the change ..

I didn't know they told me one could be fine / prison for it , as it was first time they said its okay but not fine next time :mrgreen: .

Stuntdadda
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Naturalisation Ineligible

Post by Stuntdadda » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi Guys,

I have just been refused based on ineligibility. According to the letter I’m 271days from application date which is due this October.
Has anyone been in this situation before? When making another application, is it going to be a continued application or a new application?
If it’s a new application do I have to submit all the documents as I did earlier in my first application?
Any useful advise will be appreciated
Thanks guys

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation Ineligible

Post by Rosay36 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:52 pm

Stuntdadda wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:14 pm
Hi Guys,

I have just been refused based on ineligibility. According to the letter I’m 271days from application date which is due this October.
Has anyone been in this situation before? When making another application, is it going to be a continued application or a new application?
If it’s a new application do I have to submit all the documents as I did earlier in my first application?
Any useful advise will be appreciated
Thanks guys
I’m so sorry to hear that your application was refused. You can reapply but you have to focus on the reasons as to why your application was refused. In this case you fell short of the number of days required to apply for naturalisation. You could use the same documents submitted and if there is any further documentation acquired before your future application, you could also include it.

Stuntdadda
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Stuntdadda » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Thank you Rozay36. I was misinformed that’s why as I applied from Northern Ireland lol I didn’t know the rule is 3yrs marriage to Irish National. + 1yr continuous residence leading the the application that and 2yrs statutory residency. So basically the letter says at the point of application on 8:01:2018 I’m 271days short Which by calculation is the exact days my residency in Northern Ireland issued by UK home office will be 3yrs. So I’m guessing I’d have to wait till then.
Another thing id really need to know is, do I have to include 3yrs worst document for my partner as I’d do mine?

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:08 pm

Stuntdadda wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:15 pm
Thank you Rozay36. I was misinformed that’s why as I applied from Northern Ireland lol I didn’t know the rule is 3yrs marriage to Irish National. + 1yr continuous residence leading the the application that and 2yrs statutory residency. So basically the letter says at the point of application on 8:01:2018 I’m 271days short Which by calculation is the exact days my residency in Northern Ireland issued by UK home office will be 3yrs. So I’m guessing I’d have to wait till then.
Another thing id really need to know is, do I have to include 3yrs worst document for my partner as I’d do mine?
You are required to include ceritified copies of your marriage certificate and the sworn affidavit in the application form your partner would have to complete proofing that you are married. The marriage cert have the date you got married anyway. They only require your own statements but if you feel including hers or your joint statement of account will help your application why not? You could if you wish include her birth cert also.

Stuntdadda
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Stuntdadda » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:07 pm

Ohhhh is that right? Thanks rozay36 👌👌 the rules of what documents needed are quite confusing to be honest. Is there a thread I could check here for documents they submitted for themselves and their partner from successful applicants in Northern Ireland?

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:21 pm

Stuntdadda wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:07 pm
Ohhhh is that right? Thanks rozay36 👌👌 the rules of what documents needed are quite confusing to be honest. Is there a thread I could check here for documents they submitted for themselves and their partner from successful applicants in Northern Ireland?
I could only find this thread ireland/citizenship-applications-from-n ... 13724.html