ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK to Tier 4 parents

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nur137
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Child born in UK to Tier 4 parents

Post by Nur137 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:43 pm

Hi all,

My husband and I both are Malaysian on tier 4 student visa expiring 1.9.2018.

We have baby of 5 months old born in UK.

Question is :
1. We are visiting malaysia for short period and will be back in UK on 15.7.2018. Does my baby needs to have a visa to enter UK? Noting our visa expires on september

2. If my baby enters as a ‘visitor’ (note Malaysian doesn’t need to do visitor visa) , can we apply for tier 2 dependent visa for baby in the UK if we want to apply for Tier 2 visa later on? Or we need to apply for dependent visa from home country ie malaysia?

Thank you.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Child born in UK to Tier 4 parents

Post by sah10406 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:45 pm

Nur137 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:43 pm
1. We are visiting malaysia for short period and will be back in UK on 15.7.2018. Does my baby needs to have a visa to enter UK? Noting our visa expires on september
Yes, unless they are a genuine visitor and the Border Force Officer accepts that they are coming for that reason.
Nur137 wrote:
2. If my baby enters as a ‘visitor’ (note Malaysian doesn’t need to do visitor visa) , can we apply for tier 2 dependent visa for baby in the UK if we want to apply for Tier 2 visa later on?
No, see paragraph 319H(h)(i)(a) of part 8 of the Immigration Rules:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
Nur137 wrote:
Or we need to apply for dependent visa from home country ie malaysia?
Yes, or in the UK before you travel.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.