ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hassaanhaque
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by hassaanhaque » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:03 am

I am the same. I always get a slightly different answer. It depends on who you get on the phone.
Syjem wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:31 am
Hi,
I have contacted them just now and I got the response that no further update on the application. It is still not submitted to the minster. Each time I call them I get a slightly different update depends on the one who is on the phone, some share more information than others. I think the only time I will get a robust response is when the application has been processed completely and the decision has been made and they only waiting to communicate the decision to me.
Nothing in hand can be done, the application is ready to be submitted to the minister but still not in his office despite the long waiting.

Volkanerinamira
Turkey

Post by Volkanerinamira » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:54 am

I applied in Aug 2016 under the old application. Emailed them yesterday to see if any update and was told that it's in the advanced stage of processing, What exactly does that mean?

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Volkanerinamira wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:54 am
I applied in Aug 2016 under the old application. Emailed them yesterday to see if any update and was told that it's in the advanced stage of processing, What exactly does that mean?
I think it means that your application has been submitted to minister for decision. Once it back from minister office, it will be in final stage.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Syjem wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:52 pm
Volkanerinamira wrote:
I think it means that your application has been submitted to minister for decision. Once it back from minister office, it will be in final stage.
Not necessarily, I was informed that "your application is at the final stage but not submitted to the Minister yet"

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:23 pm

syjem
I don't thinks that's final stage I think final stage is when they are waiting for minister decision.

or else according to you final stage would mean the process of posting the decision to applicant :lol:

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:43 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:19 pm
Syjem wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:52 pm
Volkanerinamira wrote:
Not necessarily, I was informed that "your application is at the final stage but not submitted to the Minister yet"
I got the exact same answer when I asked what the final stage meant.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:29 am

Mal111 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:23 pm
syjem
I don't thinks that's final stage I think final stage is when they are waiting for minister decision.

or else according to you final stage would mean the process of posting the decision to applicant :lol:
Mal111
See below the response of the minister of justice to one of parliamentary questions
"I am advised by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) of my Department that an application for a certificate of naturalisation from the person referred to by the Deputy has entered the final stage of processing. A letter issued to the person concerned on 8 August 2017 requesting him to submit the prescribed certificate fee and other documents"
So my understanding from this response is that the final stage is when the decision has been made and the department in the process of reviewing it and sending the decision to the applicant. However, I do agree that we are receiving very confusing answers from them when we ring the office such as "it is final stage but not yet submitted to minister :D "

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:08 am

Which is why i have been saying . They are merely trying to get rid of people. they use standard responses
They only true thing they can say is whenever they say " we have sent a courier to your address"

You may have passed second stage but they can hold onto you application and waste time for reason :shock:

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:09 am

Hi Syjem
in my opinion there are no specific definitions of each stage an advance stage or final stage could mean anywhere in between ready for submission and decision issued.
this is why I said ask them if the file is submitted to the minister for decision because if it has at this point most likely the decision will be made and there are chances for applicant to be included in next ceremony.
my guess is they will publish the attendance list by the 2nd week of may therefore the invitations must be concluded within 1st week of may I think if the approval is not received within this week or latest next week then chances are slim to non.
thanks

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:09 am
Hi Syjem
in my opinion there are no specific definitions of each stage an advance stage or final stage could mean anywhere in between ready for submission and decision issued.
this is why I said ask them if the file is submitted to the minister for decision because if it has at this point most likely the decision will be made and there are chances for applicant to be included in next ceremony.
my guess is they will publish the attendance list by the 2nd week of may therefore the invitations must be concluded within 1st week of may I think if the approval is not received within this week or latest next week then chances are slim to non.
thanks
I agree with you. I will check next week to make sure if the application has been submitted. I saw on this forum some people who have been told that their application has been submitted and then the next week they have been told it still not submitted. So it completely depends on the person on the phone, some don't tell you a lot of information.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:55 pm

broli wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:08 am
Which is why i have been saying . They are merely trying to get rid of people. they use standard responses
They only true thing they can say is whenever they say " we have sent a courier to your address"

You may have passed second stage but they can hold onto you application and waste time for reason :shock:
You are right, they might hold onto applications after completing all the necessary check even for no reasons. no one can predict how the department is working or prioritizing applications. I came through very interesting statistics about the number of applications over the last 5 years as follows
2014 (15500 application), 2015 (12700), 2016 (13100), 2017 (11900), 2018 (2500-so far)
It is clear that the number of citizenship applications has not increased too much over the past two years but obviously the average processing time for most of the applications has been increased up to 10 or 12 month based on the shared timeline in this forum. I believe the department is delaying many applications for no reasons and this is clear from the number of application versus the processing time in the recent years. Maybe they are aiming to reduce the number of the naturalised persons every year and for this they are processing the applications slowly.

Volkanerinamira
Turkey

Post by Volkanerinamira » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:56 am

Today is a good day 😁

After applying in Aug 2016, I got my letter this month that i have been approved for citizenship. It only took almost 2 years.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:25 am

what date you received your approval letter and what was the date on the letter

this information is important to me :lol: :lol:

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:54 am

Volkanerinamira wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:56 am
Today is a good day 😁

After applying in Aug 2016, I got my letter this month that i have been approved for citizenship. It only took almost 2 years.
This is very good news, Congrats. Hope our turn will come soon.
When did you receive your letter and what is the date on the letter?
how many days you have to send the payments

Volkanerinamira
Turkey

Post by Volkanerinamira » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:09 pm

The letter is dated the 12th April 2018 I recieved the letter this morning. It's given me 10 days to send the money. What happens if i dont send within that time frame?

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:47 pm

Volkanerinamira wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:09 pm
The letter is dated the 12th April 2018 I recieved the letter this morning. It's given me 10 days to send the money. What happens if i dont send within that time frame?
Good, I think you have to stick to the time-frame given to you in the approval letter as you don't want any further delay in finalizing your application. If you think that you are unable to meet the time-frame, you need to write to them and let them know so they can still consider you for the next ceremony.
Best of luck and congrats again.

Volkanerinamira
Turkey

Post by Volkanerinamira » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:52 pm

It's just that 950 euro has to be in the form of a bankers draft which as I'm from northern Ireland I had to go and order 1 from my bank. Last time I done that when I needed one for the application fee it took 5 days to come. Today is Saturday so it I wouldn't be able to order to monday then gave to wait on it and the once I receieve it then post if off I have a feeling that is going to take longer than 10 days .
Also the letter is dated 12th April and it says 20 days from date of the letter so 2 days have already passed.

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi Guys,

I also applied for citizenship in 2016 June based on Married to EU (Stamp4 Eufam). in February2018 they asked my original passport and returned it in few days with the attached so called 2nd stage letter, Since then completely silence. I emailed them few times and i always get this reply

( Thank you for your email. Your application for naturalisation continues to
be processed. If further documentation and/or clarification of any matter
related to your application is required from you, we will write to you
requesting it.

Please Note each application is assessed on an individual basis and the
amount of time gathering all the the necessary information varies from
application to application. While it is not possible to give an exact
timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been
reached )

It's getting really frustrated now, I am waiting nearly 2 years and still my application is on 2nd stage, I rang them last week and a lady on phone said i don't see any update on your application and i am not sure if you will be included in this ceremony. She didn't tell me that my application is on advance stage or not and i dont think it is. Guys i am really frustrating now. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.
Cheers.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:01 am

rockyguy wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:13 pm
Hi Guys,

I also applied for citizenship in 2016 June based on Married to EU (Stamp4 Eufam). in February2018 they asked my original passport and returned it in few days with the attached so called 2nd stage letter, Since then completely silence. I emailed them few times and i always get this reply

( Thank you for your email. Your application for naturalisation continues to
be processed. If further documentation and/or clarification of any matter
related to your application is required from you, we will write to you
requesting it.

Please Note each application is assessed on an individual basis and the
amount of time gathering all the the necessary information varies from
application to application. While it is not possible to give an exact
timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been
reached )

It's getting really frustrated now, I am waiting nearly 2 years and still my application is on 2nd stage, I rang them last week and a lady on phone said i don't see any update on your application and i am not sure if you will be included in this ceremony. She didn't tell me that my application is on advance stage or not and i dont think it is. Guys i am really frustrating now. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.
Cheers.
It is really frustrated but nothing can be done. Many of us here have similar situation. I have applied in Aug 2016 and still waiting. Hopefully we will hear from them soon. I am not sure if the lawyer or any legal service can make difference in these circumstances.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:19 am

just wait and see that all I can say :|

eu2irishman
Newly Registered

Post by eu2irishman » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:23 am

Hi Guys - Did any of you call today? What was the update you got?

When we called last week we were told that its in final stage and has been submitted and we should hear back in a month.

When we called today we were told that they are waiting for a report and will be submitted after that.

Dunno what to believe :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll: :(

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:23 am

I called them 3 weeks ago was told file submitted to the minister
I called them last week was told file was submitted to the minister I should here from then in a couple of weeks

today I called I was told application is in further processing stage they are waiting for a GARDA report.

I am so frustrated :(

eu2irishman
Newly Registered

Post by eu2irishman » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:26 am

Mal111 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:23 am
I called them last week was told file was submitted to the minister I should here from then in a couple of weeks

today I called I was told application is in further processing stage they are waiting for a GARDA report.

Yeah, I have been told the same thing today...that they are waiting on a GARDA report and this will not make it on time for this ceremony. :(

Its weird how the applications were submitted and in final stage and are now in pending a report :( :( :(

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:57 am

Mal111 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:23 am

I think that they are not sending any more approvals now and for this they are trying to give some excuses.

Katia18
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Katia18 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:32 pm

Hi i have been waiting for 4 years no criminal offence so each time its a new story so i call them today for an update they that they are working on it and preparing a letter to send it to me and that i will receive it with in two days .
I was just wondering is that possible they will request further documents😱i asked her if it was a decision but she reply that she doesnt know ?anyway its 4 years now im used to them now expecting l unexpectable 😊