ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English requirement for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hfaz
Newly Registered

English requirement for ILR

Post by Hfaz » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:57 pm

Hi all,

I'm starting to put together all required documents for my ILR application after 5 years probationary period under Spouse visa. I have submitted my overseas bachelors degree diploma for all previous applications and all fine and accepted. I didn't and don't have NARIC letter stating it was taught in English. My question is can I use my bachelors degree again for ILR application to be exempted of english requirement?
I'd appreciate your help. Thanks!

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: English requirement for ILR

Post by cyclina1 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:19 pm

No. NARIC is mandatory for ILR application if you would like to prove your English language by your diploma NOT issued in the UK recognised educational institute. I also found this is time consuming to prepare this thus I just took the B1 english test instead. Also 150GBP anyway.

To me it is even more ridiculous because to be granted a Tier 2 worker for my job I need B2 level (PhD level job). So they could accept my english level by my diploma when I applied for Tier 2 but they couldn't just use my proof for my Tier 2 VISA for my ILR application.

So by their protocol, even if you are a PhD in english literature oversea and working as lecturer in Cambridge University in Dept of English literature. You still need to prove your english by NARIC, if you don't want to sit their B1 test, although the english level has been proven during entry clearance (also job nature).

So in conclude, they just want 150GBP extra, if you are not in english speaking nationality or graduate in the UK.

Hfaz
Newly Registered

Post by Hfaz » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:55 am

Thank you cyclina1 for your input. Just wondering if you used your B2 level of english for your ILR application and was refused or you didn't bother anymore and did the B1 test?

Hfaz
Newly Registered

Post by Hfaz » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Hello members,

Any thoughts regarding my query?
I appreciate your time.

Kind regards,
Hfaz

Hfaz
Newly Registered

Post by Hfaz » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi members!
Just a follow up question.

I want to know when the earliest date I could apply for ILR. My first spouse visa was valid from 20/03/2013. My current FLR expires 10/05/2018.

Is it right that I can apply from today 12/04/2018?

Hope you can enlighten me. Desperate for answers. I know you are all busy.