ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice of marriage and pending applications

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

eu guru
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Notice of marriage and pending applications

Post by eu guru » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:57 am

Branok wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:15 pm
We haven’t heard anything back yet, neither from the EFM application nor the marriage notice. Got another 2weeks on the 70days notice.
Oh dear am in the same shoes like you guys. Today i got a letter saying notice extended to 70 days.

Branok
Mood:

Post by Branok » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:20 pm

It's stressful but I think it is almost automatic to get it extended in our situations. I hope it goes smooth for you. I'll update when I get the result of ours, a bit over a week to go...

eu guru
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by eu guru » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:50 am

Oh dear, did they ask you to reply with your details to an email? It’s very stressful indeed. Although I have a pending application on the FLR fp basis but I still can’t imagine the questioning they will be throwing g at me and my fiancé. I guess they didn’t invite your interview as it is just a week to go they might as well not

Branok
Mood:

Post by Branok » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:49 am

The letter asking for details over email is a standard template letter that they send to everyone so it doesn't mean that they will interview you.

As your partner is Portuguese and you have lived together for almost 2 years plus having children here I think you will be fine. If they were to pick you up they would have to accelerate your applications for free and you have several open paths so they would probably rather look for an easier battle to spend their budget on...

Worst case scenario you will be asked to leave, then you will just get married outside of UK and come back with an EEA FP in a couple of months. Either way you will be sorted by xmas, it's stressful but you will get there!

Branok
Mood:

Post by Branok » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:33 pm

We got the "You have complied with the investigation" letter a few days after the 70th day of notice. It was dated on the 65th day. No interview or visit.

Now to arrange the wedding. Obviously the letter doesn't mean that they will not interfere and stop the ceremony. So we don't really want to invite loads of friends&family, book a big party etc just to be dragged away by immigration officers before it even starts...

Would us having a ceremony of just two close friends as witnesses count against us in a future application?

eu guru
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by eu guru » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:46 pm

Congrats to you both. I don’t think they will or can still interfere into you getting married but if to be rest assured you can change the date and time of the wedding with the registrar. Also there’s no way they can use the number of your guests against you when making the application. You are at liberty to arrange a private ceremony the way you deem fit. Be bold be full of courage and ready to go. You do be fine. For me am counting days too waiting

Branok
Mood:

Post by Branok » Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 am

Update:

EEA FM application granted under Lounes before I had a chance to send in the marriage certificate.

All sorted :)

Thank you all for you help!

Branok
Mood:

Post by Branok » Thu May 17, 2018 8:55 am

Branok wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 am
Update:

EEA FM application granted under Lounes before I had a chance to send in the marriage certificate.

All sorted :)

Thank you all for you help!
Sorry, EEA EFM application

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Fri May 18, 2018 11:43 am

What a great turn around! After all the stress, I'm very happy for you both. :) EEA has simply worked in your favour. Congratulations

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

eu guru
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by eu guru » Sat May 19, 2018 12:11 am

Congrats to you both

coolnoman88
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by coolnoman88 » Sat May 19, 2018 2:00 am

Hi i m in same situation eea(fm)pending and we have given marriage interview and interview refuse just because we have not provided original tenancy agreement and bank statment.As they have given very short notice so we got statment from bank n stamped on it but they havent accepted and tenancy agreement was issued on my brother name as we are living in brother house.Now they have put me on reporting and retained my passport as well.

Can anyone please help what to do next?

Branok
Mood:

Post by Branok » Sun May 20, 2018 7:20 pm

bathanza wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 11:43 am
What a great turn around! After all the stress, I'm very happy for you both. :) EEA has simply worked in your favour. Congratulations
Thank you, still can't really believe it. Should have seen our faces when DX delivery turned up unannounced at 9am with the card and then Royal Mail with the passports 30min later.
eu guru wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 12:11 am
Congrats to you both
Thank you, looking forward to read your update when all is sorted for you too!

Branok
Mood:

Post by Branok » Sun May 20, 2018 7:23 pm

coolnoman88 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 2:00 am
Hi i m in same situation eea(fm)pending and we have given marriage interview and interview refuse just because we have not provided original tenancy agreement and bank statment.As they have given very short notice so we got statment from bank n stamped on it but they havent accepted and tenancy agreement was issued on my brother name as we are living in brother house.Now they have put me on reporting and retained my passport as well.

Can anyone please help what to do next?
Try to post a new thread in the EEA forum, you will get much better visibility and there are lots of people in the same situation so someone is bound to be able to help you there.