ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-eea spouse accompanying brit < 3 months

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lukus
Newly Registered

Non-eea spouse accompanying brit < 3 months

Post by lukus » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:43 am

Hi All

Just wish to seek clarity due to previous issues with immigration.

My wife will be joining me as I go to Ireland to work for roughly 2 months - to my understanding from EU treaty rights, because we're staying for under 3 months she should gain the same rights (i.e. entry /residency to Ireland with the prospect of being able to work /study).

Is there anything in particular we need to do or say? We had problems when we came back after getting married (same day), as she had 10 days left on student visa which I think was their main basis, but I also had a ticket back to UK for the next day (as would have to go back to get work equipment etc), which I understand looks a bit dodgy but we cant change our circumstances.

Its been a couple of weeks since then (and my work got put back till now) but as this is new to us we don't really know what to expect and previous immigration officer made it seem they have no intentions of honouring said treaty rights. I also presume she just gets a stamp on her passport but cant seem to find anything on this /what type.

Everything online seems to be in respects to 5 year eu family visas, both resources and irish imigration policies etc

Obviously my wife doesn't want to sit at home doing nothing so she is hoping to be able to work, especially if she's allowed to, which should be the case but would certainly appreciate any clarity.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: Non-eea spouse accompanying brit < 3 months

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:36 am

What’s your nationality and what’s your spouse’s current visa/status?

lukus
Newly Registered

Re: Non-eea spouse accompanying brit < 3 months

Post by lukus » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:36 am

I'm british & my wife's student Visa has now expired (expired end of march) so she has been staying with me in the UK for the last couple of weeks, but I am obviously working in Ireland now for the next few weeks.

She doesn't require an entry visa if that is of any releveance