ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

baby born in the UK

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cliftonianbristol
Turkey

baby born in the UK

Post by cliftonianbristol » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:42 pm

I am on Tier 1.

I am expecting a baby and it turns out we may need to travel internationally for work 5-6 weeks after his expected date of birth.

In this case, I will need to apply for T1 dependent visa for him.
The difficulty is that I have so little time to take care of it all.
First, what documents do I need?
Particularly, do I need baby's passport? It takes some time to get his passport.
Do I need to send along my passport? If I do, we cannot travel obviously if the procedure takes time.
Do you have any idea how long it takes by post? The official 8-week limit sounds pretty long.
Is it possible to have a priority application for dependent-only applications? If so, how much?

There is so much information online and in this forum, and I understand that the regulations and fees change all the time. So I am pretty confused. Any help is much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: baby born in the UK

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:14 am

First, what documents do I need?
Read the Tier 1 dependent guidance notes.
Particularly, do I need baby's passport? It takes some time to get his passport.
Yes you need a passport.
Do I need to send along my passport? If I do, we cannot travel obviously if the procedure takes time.
Yes however a copy should be fine.
Do you have any idea how long it takes by post? The official 8-week limit sounds pretty long.
Up to 8 weeks, sometimes longer.
Is it possible to have a priority application for dependent-only applications? If so, how much?
You can apply using premium service for a same day decision. Costs an extra £610 on top of the visa fee and IHS fees.

You could also apply for the childs visa from home country if you wish to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.