ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I'm on JSA, can my spouse (on spouse visa) get full help with health costs??

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gratiaDei777
Newly Registered

I'm on JSA, can my spouse (on spouse visa) get full help with health costs??

Post by gratiaDei777 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:45 am

I'm on income-based JSA in Wales, and here [see page 1 of linked document] (http://www.healthcosts.wales.nhs.uk/sit ... %20WEB.pdf) it says that someone on income-based JSA & their partner are entitled to full help with health costs.

Is my wife (on a spouse visa) entitled? She paid her IHS surcharge, but she is also not entitled to any benefits, so I'm confused.

Thanks.

Casa

Re: I'm on JSA, can my spouse (on spouse visa) get full help with health costs??

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:49 am

gratiaDei777 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:45 am
I'm on income-based JSA in Wales, and here [see page 1 of linked document] (http://www.healthcosts.wales.nhs.uk/sit ... %20WEB.pdf) it says that someone on income-based JSA & their partner are entitled to full help with health costs.

Is my wife (on a spouse visa) entitled? She paid her IHS surcharge, but she is also not entitled to any benefits, so I'm confused.

Thanks.
The IHS covers your wife for NHS treatment. What 'health costs' are you referring to. :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gratiaDei777
Newly Registered

Re: I'm on JSA, can my spouse (on spouse visa) get full help with health costs??

Post by gratiaDei777 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:04 pm

NHS dental treatment, glasses (see first page of document linked in original post, please)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:13 pm

gratiaDei777 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:04 pm
NHS dental treatment, glasses (see first page of document linked in original post, please)
She will need to pay for the fee charging treatments, she is not exempt and is subject to no recourse to public funds as far as I understand.

The use of 'partner' in the link you have provided is a generic one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gratiaDei777
Newly Registered

Post by gratiaDei777 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:39 pm

Thanks