ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

immigration for family members

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: immigration for family members

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:46 am

>Settlement
>>Settlement
>>>Marriage
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kinger18
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by kinger18 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:40 am

many thanks

do I have to submit and then and only then I can book an appointment ?

it does ask about the persons educatuion and salary which are not relevant as she is student and I am the one who sponsers her! your view? I suppose they look at the supporting evidence rather than take much information about the partner

when it also asks what is the relationship of that person to you, she has selected partner and not spouse , is that ok ? this is because she is not married yet or should she select spouse?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:35 pm

do I have to submit and then and only then I can book an appointment ?
Yes.
it does ask about the persons educatuion and salary which are not relevant as she is student and I am the one who sponsers her! your view? I suppose they look at the supporting evidence rather than take much information about the partner
You need to complete the information the form asks for. If something doesn't apply, presumably you are able to leave it blank.
when it also asks what is the relationship of that person to you, she has selected partner and not spouse , is that ok ? this is because she is not married yet or should she select spouse?
Partner is fine. Stating 'spouse' is not true or accurate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kinger18
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by kinger18 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:45 pm

thanks , would I need a home visit by council ? i referred to that on my earlier post.

also, can I submut utility bill and council tax as I don't want to submit mortgage deed as it is in my name and ex wife while settelement is agreed so ...

kinger18
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by kinger18 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:01 pm

Guys

I have consulted two immigration advisers and both say wait for decree absolute

It is taking such long time and can’t really wait. Court system in the uk is shocking

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... cees-set01

Reading point 18 on above link suggets the entry officer may accpet and allow a fiance visa providing i show documents divorce proceedings is under way.

What is you view?

I can’t find a more recent link as that is the only one
What worries me is , it says parter can get ilr after 24 month which is the old rule and now it is 5 years so how can i check this ?

Please help me

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:52 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)

kinger18
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by kinger18 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:01 pm

Checked in full and there is nothing there mentioning the sponser should be free to marry

The only thing i could find was page 21 mentioning refusal wording

One of the resusal reasons could be you are not free to marry under paragraph 290 (i) but nowhere saying you need to be freey to marry

If you show decree nisi it shows you intend to divorce whereas if you show nothing then it shows you maybe lying and not free to marry

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:45 pm

You said you couldn't find a more recent one, so that is what I provided. I have not posted to it to dispute or agree with your assessment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kinger18
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by kinger18 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:22 pm

All,

Decree absolute has just come through.

I have a question for you all.

Divorce was done according to uk law as we both lived here but marriage was abroad which was recognised here ( malaysia)

My question is, would entry clearence officer want the decree absolute from uk or would they want the equivalent from malaysia and also islamic divorce?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:24 pm

UK divorce decree is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kinger18
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by kinger18 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:36 pm

Many thanks

Trawling on forums and poeple experience, it seemed some people were rejected for random silly reason

One said she was refused because she didn’t have father’s permission to marry as that is required in indian culture which i can’t see the relevance

Under uk law there is no such thing so why do it adapt and accept other laws if it means refusal?

kinger18
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by kinger18 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:58 am

Could you share your opinion on this please?

If you meet all critiria and proof of relationship is around 20 pages of call logs back dated to 4 month ago and 30 photos and proof of seeing each other including hotel and flight tickets, is that enough?

I hear people going as far as including 6 month of their chat which is absurd. Why would you want them to read your text. Isn’t call log enough?

Someone had said they were rejected bexauze t