ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 after Visitor visa Refusal

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Huge_Euge
Newly Registered
Russia

Tier 4 after Visitor visa Refusal

Post by Huge_Euge » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:31 pm

I have previously studied in London for 5 years, completed all my courses, then returned to my home country. A few months later I went to see my friends in London, and as I didn't have a job at that moment, and my trip was sponsored by my parents, I stayed in the UK for longer than the dates stated in my visitor visa application. I have returned back to Russia before my visa expired, so no rules broken there.

Then 6 months later, I wanted to go to London for a week to visit my friends again. I have been honest about my previous prolonged visit on my application, explained the circumstances, how i've been supporting myself and where I was staying. Yet, the visa was refused, as the officer didn't believe I was a genuine visitor and because my ties to Russia were not strong enough (even though I have a job and property here).

Anyway, I am now considering applying for an MA in the same university where I've done my BA. How likely is it for my Visitor visa refusal (9 months ago) to seriously affect my chances of recieving a Tier 4 visa? And what measures can i take to make my case as strong as possible, if needed? Thanks

4uvak

Re: Tier 4 after Visitor visa Refusal

Post by 4uvak » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:37 pm

Previous visitor visa refusal should not affect a new student visa application until you breached condition of that visa (was working etc) or used deception or overstayed for more than 30 days. The factors, Home Office will pay attention to, are fundamentally different for both visas. Although, I would recommend to use professional advice of UK based immigration adviser or solicitor. You also can read here https://www.freemovement.org.uk/general ... ntry-bans/ about the reasons for refusals if anything is applicable to your situation.