ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS General for UKVI - Used for Express Entry Canada

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gaurav0098
Newly Registered

IELTS General for UKVI - Used for Express Entry Canada

Post by gaurav0098 » Tue May 10, 2016 10:13 am

Hi,

I have recently undergone IELTS General test for UKVI. The main purpose was for UK Visa process however I also want to initiate my Express Entry process in Canada.

CIC website states that I need to take IELTS General Test for the process and IELTS website states that IELTS General for UKVI is exactly the same as IELTS General test in terms of contact.

IELTS website states the following:

"The IELTS test for UK visa purposes is designed to meet certain administrative requirements that are specific to UK Visas and Immigration. Test Report Forms will be slightly different, to show that test takers have taken the test at an IELTS UK visa session. There are no differences in the test format or questions. The actual test taken is the same – same content, examiners, format, level of difficulty, scoring and so on. "

Further to this IELTS states that:

"If I take an IELTS test for UK visa purposes, can I use my result in other countries/for other purposes?
Yes. IELTS test results are accepted by more than 9,000 organisations worldwide, including universities, colleges, governments and employers."

I contacted IELTS to get a confirmation if I can use the same score for CIC Express entry but got a standard reply stating that CIC needs to confirm this. There is no contact point in CIC and I really don't want to go to an agent just for this purpose or spend money in appearing for IELTS once again even when I don't need it.

Also, I don't want to be in a situation where I start the process assuming that they will accept but later on it gets rejected.

Does any one here know about this or been in the same situation? Can any one guide me?

jcorniel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Dominican Republic

Re: IELTS General for UKVI - Used for Express Entry Canada

Post by jcorniel » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:36 pm

hi, what happened in your case? I'm in the same situation

Agn7786
Newly Registered

Re: IELTS General for UKVI - Used for Express Entry Canada

Post by Agn7786 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:33 pm

I'm in the same boat, I have an IELTS UKVI General Training test from the UK. I am now in the process of applying for Express Entry and want to use that test for this purpose. I am wondering if there will be any issues with it! I'd hate to spend over $300 and dedicate time and effort due to bureaucracy and red tape!

I wonder if anyone has an update on this? I'll keep you posted if I find the answer.