ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Khokhar1980 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:37 am

Halisonu5 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:42 am
Miyash wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:30 pm
thanks,and yes we were refused before and now spouse visa applied wd 2 years old daughter also...may be this is the reason for delay.can younplz share your time line and also the questions they asked in interview.
I'm in same position as you...i applied for my husband before and been refused...i have submitted application for 2nd time n also recieved not straight forward email n I also have a 2 yr old son....i think visa takes longer to process if you have been refused before n also the email (not straight forward) is sent....i pray all goes well for you...it is so hard especially being a single parent...its been 5 years since we got married...the waiting is the worst, its been over 70 working days for me...they called for a phone interview on 9th march but I havnt heard from them since...alot of people have posted timelines same as mine or after mine n been granted a visa it just makes me worry but all we can do is wait n hope for the best
May Allah bless ur husband with visa and reunited u guys asap. Insh Allah.
Don't worry. Stay positive and strong. Allah ll do best for u.
Mind Telling me the reasons for previous refusals????

Halisonu5

Post by Halisonu5 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:36 pm

Khokhar1980 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:37 am
Halisonu5 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:42 am
Miyash wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:30 pm
thanks,and yes we were refused before and now spouse visa applied wd 2 years old daughter also...may be this is the reason for delay.can younplz share your time line and also the questions they asked in interview.
I'm in same position as you...i applied for my husband before and been refused...i have submitted application for 2nd time n also recieved not straight forward email n I also have a 2 yr old son....i think visa takes longer to process if you have been refused before n also the email (not straight forward) is sent....i pray all goes well for you...it is so hard especially being a single parent...its been 5 years since we got married...the waiting is the worst, its been over 70 working days for me...they called for a phone interview on 9th march but I havnt heard from them since...alot of people have posted timelines same as mine or after mine n been granted a visa it just makes me worry but all we can do is wait n hope for the best
May Allah bless ur husband with visa and reunited u guys asap. Insh Allah.
Don't worry. Stay positive and strong. Allah ll do best for u.
Mind Telling me the reasons for previous refusals????
Thank you I have full faith in allah...was refused in 2015 due to financial requirements...my boss paid me late a few times so this made them suspicious I have applied as a carer this time so I'm exempt from financial requirements...just hoping n praying

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Jamshaid and others out of curiosity are you saying that when someone receives a link for IHS payment for a child for example they ask IHS team for link because there was an error of £0 when they applied 3 months ago, if they email with a link it means that visa is likely to be issued? I have read many places where you said a link means you will get a visa -how do you know this is true?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

London999
inactive

Post by London999 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:52 pm

New to this-
I had a call from home office for 26min on the 11-Apr-2018 asked all questions in ragards to employment , but my employer has not received any call is this normal????

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:57 pm

They sometimes call one, or both. Depends if they want to ask further clarification or not. Did you apply with 2 jobs?

London999
inactive

Post by London999 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:08 pm

thanks for letting me know, No it is my main job for a very well known company which I been working for around 8 months now.

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:32 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:07 pm
Jamshaid and others out of curiosity are you saying that when someone receives a link for IHS payment for a child for example they ask IHS team for link because there was an error of £0 when they applied 3 months ago, if they email with a link it means that visa is likely to be issued? I have read many places where you said a link means you will get a visa -how do you know this is true?
I observed this from different people experiences on different forums. Here are my observations:

1). Those applicants with children usually get decision in their 5th or 6th months from bio metrics date.
2). Those applicants with children if ask to pay IHS payment are likely to get VISA approval. I have not witness any applicant so far whose VISA refused after IHS payment made. All of them got approval Once paid.
3). I have witness few applicants with children who got passport collection messages without asking for IHS payment ended up in refusals.

Therefore based upon my personal observation, it seems to me that even though making IHS payment is a procedural step but it may means something positive and probably a good news. However there is no guarantee and assurance that once shall get it. But this is the current trend i have been witnessing... Its my personal view and observation. :D :D

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:45 am

Settlement Entry Clearance Visa Applied (Standard Application)

Date of Online Application: 15th November 2017
Visa type : Spouse with child
Biometric date : 20th November 2017
Document Sent : 24th November 2017
Document Returned : Second Week of December 2017
Not Straight Forward E-mail : 06th February 2018
Requested Escalation to UKVI: 06th March 2018
ECO contacted via E-mail : 21st March 2018 that IHS team shall send me Payment link for Child IHS.
Second Escalation to UKVI : 28th March 2018 chasing for Payment link for Child IHS
ECO contacted Via E-mail : 06th April 2018 advising the link should come to me shortly
IHS Payment Link Came: : 13th April 2018 and Paid Straightaway

Now waiting for decision desperately. :D :D

bammargera
Newly Registered

Post by bammargera » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:00 pm

Has anybody ever had a situation where they received an escalation resolved email? Called contact centre yesterday as it’s 99 working days for us now - the person opened our last escalation ticket which said “escalation resolved, response received” on 3 April. He said we received an email. However we did not. He’s now raised an urgent escalation to see if they can resend it if important.

We got the final processing stages email on 23/3 and status is still “awaiting a decision”. We sent them further info as requested on 13/2 (57th working day of application). I earn over 50k a year and I’m a chartered accountant at a FTSE 100 company with a spare room in my flat. I’m British. Everything has been evidenced, my wife lived in U.K. for 6.5 years at uni and we have albums of evidence. She has a masters degree from UCL and a bachelors. The whole thing is a disgrace. We have no dependants and no criminal history.

Miyash
Pakistan

Post by Miyash » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:57 pm

My solictor called at shiefled office for update,they said that they have alot of back log,thats why all emails and corroespondent is goin slow.And our case is with ECO till now...

Miyash
Pakistan

Post by Miyash » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:59 pm

jamshaid wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:45 am
Settlement Entry Clearance Visa Applied (Standard Application)

Date of Online Application: 15th November 2017
Visa type : Spouse with child
Biometric date : 20th November 2017
Document Sent : 24th November 2017
Document Returned : Second Week of December 2017
Not Straight Forward E-mail : 06th February 2018
Requested Escalation to UKVI: 06th March 2018
ECO contacted via E-mail : 21st March 2018 that IHS team shall send me Payment link for Child IHS.
Second Escalation to UKVI : 28th March 2018 chasing for Payment link for Child IHS
ECO contacted Via E-mail : 06th April 2018 advising the link should come to me shortly
IHS Payment Link Came: : 13th April 2018 and Paid Straightaway

Now waiting for decision desperately. :D :D
finally you got the link,thats good..👍

bammargera
Newly Registered

Post by bammargera » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:03 pm

Miyash wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:57 pm
My solictor called at shiefled office for update,they said that they have alot of back log,thats why all emails and corroespondent is goin slow.And our case is with ECO till now...
They make it up as they go along. No unusual backlog they told me.

When did you apply? I checked with HR at my company and they haven’t even called.

Miyash
Pakistan

Post by Miyash » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:08 pm

bammargera wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:03 pm
Miyash wrote:

When did you apply? I checked with HR at my company and they haven’t even called.
i dont understand what are they doing,we applied in jan,biometric was done on 10 jan,2018.,what about u??

bammargera
Newly Registered

Post by bammargera » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Miyash wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:08 pm
bammargera wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:03 pm
Miyash wrote:

i dont understand what are they doing,we applied in jan,biometric was done on 10 jan,2018.,what about u??
20 November. Asked for bank statements (already submitted, we are not stupid!) on 13/2. Sent back. Nothing since then. Two escalations expired. Email sent by them apparently never received by us.

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:49 am

Miyash wrote:
@Miyash: HO lies when they say they have alot of back log. It is their successful tactic to cool down customers. If their is a real back log then all applications must be effected not just few of them? Isn't it?
We still see standard applications are being decided within 60 working days and Priorities are being decided within 30 working days. My question is to HO, why there is no Back log for them? Lets assume if there is really back log as claim by HO then they should use First come first serve strategy which i believe is more fair.
I understand some cases take bit longer to decide due to complexity and HO should tell the truth to customers rather then blaming back log. :(

Miyash
Pakistan

Post by Miyash » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:20 pm

jamshaid wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:49 am
Miyash wrote:
@Miyash: HO lies when they say they have alot of back log. It is their successful tactic to cool down customers. If their is a real back log then all applications must be effected not just few of them? Isn't it?
We still see standard applications are being decided within 60 working days and Priorities are being decided within 30 working days. My question is to HO, why there is no Back log for them? Lets assume if there is really back log as claim by HO then they should use First come first serve strategy which i believe is more fair.
I understand some cases take bit longer to decide due to complexity and HO should tell the truth to customers rather then blaming back log. :(
yeah ,you are right,jamshaid.thats what i was also thinking.but unfortunately we cant do anything except of wait.😥really very frustating..

wadfad
Newly Registered
Yemen

Post by wadfad » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:39 am

I just stumbled upon this forum. So much information. It's upsetting to see that there are other people in the world that are equally as frustrated with the HO as I am.

Today hits the 60th working day mark for my Spouse Settlement Visa. Waiting a decision..

Should I escalate? (Although THAT doesn't seem to do much..)

Date of biometrics: 23/01/2018
Submitted Documents: 26/01/2018

ValKel
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by ValKel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:10 am

ValKel wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:27 am
Thanks for the replies. I have applied 17 November. 9 February paid IHS for a child (they sent me a link) and nothing happen since there. Twice was escalated, I am on 93th business day and now they don't want to talk to me... I kept calm while waiting the end of escalation 15 business days. After this I should keep silent again.. It sounds strange to me.
We have no news yet, our MP applied to the UKVI by our request.

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:37 pm

@ Valkel

My timeline is almost same as yours. I am in my 100 working days from Bio metric on 20th November 2017. Have escalated Twice and finally they sent me IHS link for child on 13th April 2018.
Usually people gets decision within 15 working Upon IHS payment. But it it bit worrying that you have been awaiting for decision after IHS payment.
I know someone who also share same timeline as us but her child IHS payment was taken in February but no decision is made yet. :(

Jenume
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Jenume » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:33 am

Hi Guys,
Im also still waiting for the decision and it has been exactly 6 months( more than 120 working days) and still no decision has been made. My timeline is
Online Application : 10/10/2017
Biometrics: 16/10/2017
Non straightforward email/ Additional documents requested: 04/01/2018
We sent the asked documents the same day.
1st Escalation: 02/02/2018
2nd escalation:03/03/2018
3rd escalation:29/03/2018
Decision made email: No
Passport collected: No

This is so frustrating. My husband is going to see the MP today. Hopefully something works out

Esi esi
Iran

Post by Esi esi » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:15 pm

Our application is 22 weeks
We received not a straightforward email
And also received a phone call
But it still we didn't receive any decision

wadfad
Newly Registered
Yemen

Post by wadfad » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:16 am

Hi everyone!

I had sent an e-mail to inquire about the status of my settlement/ spouse visa, and two days later I received the below e-mail from the call center:

"Dear xxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone. However the visa application centre will be in contact with you in regards to collection or delivery of your passport.

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

Regards,
xxxxxxx
UK Visas and Immigration"

My questions if anyone can please help;
1. Is it normal to receive the "decision made e-mail" from the call center and not from the ECO directly?
2. How long will it take till I can collect my passport from the VAC?
3. The last part of the e-mail suggests that I shouldn't buy a ticket... Does this mean the visa is probably refused?

Really appreciate it guys!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:18 am

wadfad wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:16 am
Hi everyone!

I had sent an e-mail to inquire about the status of my settlement/ spouse visa, and two days later I received the below e-mail from the call center:

"Dear xxxxxxxxx,

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have made a decision on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone. However the visa application centre will be in contact with you in regards to collection or delivery of your passport.

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

Regards,
xxxxxxx

1. Is it normal to receive the "decision made e-mail" from the call center and not from the ECO directly?
3. The last part of the e-mail suggests that I shouldn't buy a ticket... Does this mean the visa is probably refused?

1. Yes, normal.
2. A few days probably.
3. No it does mean it is refused. It is a standard response from HO regardless of outcome.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alz3eem2002
inactive
United Arab Emirates

Post by Alz3eem2002 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:10 am

wadfad wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:16 am
Hi everyone!

"Dear xxxxxxxxx,

Regards,
xxxxxxx

Are you applying from Egypt or Jordan???

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:52 am

I would not trust the UKVI contact centre, they change their minds a lot and if you ask again they will say still awaiting for a decision. I would wait until you hear from Decision Making Centre in Sheffield or your VAF to contact you for collection of passport.