ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (o) Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fatguyslim

FPS submission report sample

Post by fatguyslim » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:01 am

Hey everyone, in my previous grant I submitted screenshots from the HMRC website for FPS submissions and that was enough for the Home Office to grant me an ext visa. I had a despicable accountant at the time who was utterly useless. My new accountant has sent me the following documents which I am told are FPS submissions so I am attaching it in this post to confirm if these are what I need for my ILR application. Thanks in advance.Image

marcnath

Re: FPS submission report sample

Post by marcnath » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:36 pm

This is not an FPS, it is only the submission report which is NOT a specified document.
I assume you did submit the actual FPS
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:02 pm

fatguyslim wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:01 am
Hey everyone, in my previous grant I submitted screenshots from the HMRC website for FPS submissions and that was enough for the Home Office to grant me an ext visa. I had a despicable accountant at the time who was utterly useless. My new accountant has sent me the following documents which I am told are FPS submissions so I am attaching it in this post to confirm if these are what I need for my ILR application. Thanks in advance.Image
It looks like your accountant uses SAGE. In that case, you need three documents for every month - 1) FPS Receipt, 2) FPS Report and 3) XML file. Please find the samples below so that you know what you're looking for.

FPS Receipt:

FPS Report:

FPS XML File:

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:17 am

raj.m wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:02 pm
fatguyslim wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:01 am
It looks like your accountant uses SAGE. In that case, you need three documents for every month - 1) FPS Receipt, 2) FPS Report and 3) XML file. Please find the samples below so that you know what you're looking for.

FPS Receipt:

FPS Report:

FPS XML File:
Great. Thanks Raj

fatguyslim

SET (o) Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Post by fatguyslim » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:48 pm

Hey everyone, I am look for a post where people list the documents they sent out for their ILR application. I fall under the £200k category and wanted to see what documents the applicants are sending to the home office recently. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (o) Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:02 pm

You need to follow the Set(O) guidance notes and what HO require.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:50 pm

I agree and I have all the docs sorted for that but I was wondering if people were listing the docs on here too

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:58 pm

Yes there are topics, search for them to find the ones that possibly list documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:41 am

Hey Raj, so I was able to get my accountant to print of the FPS receipts and FPS reports. The only thing he wasn't able to locate was the XML file. Can you please let me know how my accountant can locate the XML file on Sage?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:28 am

Topics Merged (click)

Kindly refrain from posting Set(O) ILR questions in the Tier 1 Entrepreneur sub forum and also keep all your questions in one topic (this one).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:24 am

Will keep that in mind. Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:57 am

fatguyslim wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:48 pm
Hey everyone, I am look for a post where people list the documents they sent out for their ILR application. I fall under the £200k category and wanted to see what documents the applicants are sending to the home office recently. Thanks
There is an example of my ILR application here uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/an-example ... 34487.html
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:58 am

fatguyslim wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:41 am
Hey Raj, so I was able to get my accountant to print of the FPS receipts and FPS reports. The only thing he wasn't able to locate was the XML file. Can you please let me know how my accountant can locate the XML file on Sage?
You don't need the XML file if you have the FPS reports which have the information as specified in the guidance

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:28 am

marcnath wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:58 am
fatguyslim wrote:
You don't need the XML file if you have the FPS reports which have the information as specified in the guidance
I am only saying this because Raj said I would need the following

FPS Receipt:

FPS Report:

FPS XML File:

XML file has a bit more information from what I can gather so I don't want to mess anything up that's all.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:52 am

fatguyslim wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:28 am
marcnath wrote:
fatguyslim wrote:

FPS Receipt:

FPS Report:

FPS XML File:

XML file has a bit more information from what I can gather so I don't want to mess anything up that's all.
As mentioned, if the FPS report has all the required data, then you don't need the XML.

The FPS report as attached in Raj's post does not have the required information - gross pay, etc. So, yes, you need the XML in that case.

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:46 pm

marcnath wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:52 am
fatguyslim wrote:
marcnath wrote:
fatguyslim wrote:

FPS Receipt:

FPS Report:

FPS XML File:

As mentioned, if the FPS report has all the required data, then you don't need the XML.

The FPS report as attached in Raj's post does not have the required information - gross pay, etc. So, yes, you need the XML in that case.
If the accountant uses Sage, you need the XML file too as the FPS report does not have gross or net pay due to software limitations.

XML file is saved on the accountant's pc everytime he submits an FPS. You can ask your accountant to find the location on his/her pc. If they can't find it, they can download them from the Sage software itself. If they don't know how to, please ask them to ring the Sage helpline. It's really simple.

This only applies to those who use Sage. Others don't need this XML file.

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:11 pm

raj.m wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:46 pm
marcnath wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:52 am
fatguyslim wrote:
marcnath wrote:

FPS Receipt:

FPS Report:

FPS XML File:

If the accountant uses Sage, you need the XML file too as the FPS report does not have gross or net pay due to software limitations.

XML file is saved on the accountant's pc everytime he submits an FPS. You can ask your accountant to find the location on his/her pc. If they can't find it, they can download them from the Sage software itself. If they don't know how to, please ask them to ring the Sage helpline. It's really simple.

This only applies to those who use Sage. Others don't need this XML file.
Yes my accountant uses Sage and I will pass this information to him asap. Thanks again Raj

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:20 am

I got my accountant to print off the XML files Raj but for some reason it does not have the Gross Pay column in there

Yellow rose
Newly Registered

Post by Yellow rose » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:43 am

I am quite confused why my solicitor need FPS coding for ILR. Is there anybody is same as me ?

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:34 am

Sorry for making a new post on Tier 1 Entrepreneur forum Zimba. I thought as it was a new topic it needed a new post.

So basically in the 2016-17 my business did a total turnover of £5.8M. My 5 years are going to conclude in July this year but as I am in a rush to get my ILR, is it possible for me to actually apply for the accelerated route now?

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:41 am

Also from the guidance notes it is not very clear whether the Home Office wants to see that applicant is turning over £5M annually or £5M for the total 3 year period? Any help on this topic will be greatly appreciated as I will then be able to apply for ILR in just few days. Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:42 am

Yes you can apply for accelerated ILR under £5m route. It is gross income reaching £5m.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:51 am

fatguyslim wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:41 am
Also from the guidance notes it is not very clear whether the Home Office wants to see that applicant is turning over £5M annually or £5M for the total 3 year period? Any help on this topic will be greatly appreciated as I will then be able to apply for ILR in just few days. Thanks
The guidance says:

(4) a net increase of at least £5 million in gross income from business activity during the period you were involved with the business that you are relying on to score points for settlement as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant.

So, to me, that is over the entire period from when you started your business. Whenever you get to 5 Million cumulative turnover, you can apply for accelerated ILR.

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:47 am

fatguyslim wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:20 am
I got my accountant to print off the XML files Raj but for some reason it does not have the Gross Pay column in there
The XML file by default doesn't have gross pay but there is an option in the software to include this. Ask him to contact Sage helpline on how to do it and then generate these files.

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:54 am

Awesome. Thanks for your help guys. Will apply for this Visa hopefully in few days then.