ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Residence Card granted while abroad

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

EEA Residence Card granted while abroad

Post by a.s.b.o » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:58 am

My wife is abroad and we received a letter stating that her EEA Residence Card is granted and will be couriered to us in 10 days. I were then to collect her card, join her and both of us will come back in the summer.

I am not sure what problems there may be to collect my wife's card. Can she technically be abroad while awaiting for the card? Can I collect this on her behalf? Are the Res delivered by Royal Mail curriers? my wife is back home only for a few months and I (the EEA national) am in employment and will start a new employed thereafter in UK in September.

We were so delighted so I completely left out this issue

Thank you

ayaniqda
Newly Registered
Finland

Re: EEA Residence Card granted while abroad

Post by ayaniqda » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:21 am

Hi

I am interested to know the answer to his question as I might find myself in a similar situation soon. Please do share with us here if you find the answer.

The other question is if your wife is/was on another type of RC before the EEA RC came and if that is still valid?

Thank you!

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:35 am

a.s.b.o wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:58 am
My wife is abroad and we received a letter stating that her EEA Residence Card is granted and will be couriered to us in 10 days. I were then to collect her card, join her and both of us will come back in the summer.

I am not sure what problems there may be to collect my wife's card. Can she technically be abroad while awaiting for the card? Can I collect this on her behalf? Are the Res delivered by Royal Mail curriers? my wife is back home only for a few months and I (the EEA national) am in employment and will start a new employed thereafter in UK in September.

We were so delighted so I completely left out this issue

Thank you
Biometric card are delivered by DX courier usually, with signed for. You can collect the card showing your ID and signing.

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:15 pm

dan1988uk wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:35 am
Biometric card are delivered by DX courier usually, with signed for. You can collect the card showing your ID and signing.
Hello Dan

Thank you for that, I am hoping to receive this tomorrow. We never got the DX slip and if it wasn't for the forum to alert us and to check with DX on FB, it would become really messy.

ASBO

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:02 pm

ayaniqda wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:21 am
Hi

I am interested to know the answer to his question as I might find myself in a similar situation soon. Please do share with us here if you find the answer.

The other question is if your wife is/was on another type of RC before the EEA RC came and if that is still valid?

Thank you!
Ok, I got the card but it was still only 'quasi' scary. I asked for DX to deliver this to the university mail room. I got a call from them but was in the lecture, so by the the time I finished and got there, the currier was gone. He left the letter with the staff, who were happy to hand it over once they saw a staff badge. I still had to sign for this, but I don't know if the guy would hand it over to me if it was a less 'busy' environment to make a judgement call.