ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

veritasen
Newly Registered

Naturalisation question

Post by veritasen » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:28 pm

This may be a very silly question. But can people advice me?

I got my ILR stampted at the end of may-2004. I will be completing 12 months with ILR status by 1st of June-05. What needs to be done to get my british passport.

John

Post by John » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:21 pm

The stock answer must be ... to get a British passport you, Veritasen, first need to get a British Certificate of Naturalisation. Armed with one of those, getting the passport is easy.

How to get naturalisation? Go to :-

Application Forms and Guidance Notes

-: and download a Guide AN(NEW), an application form AN(NEW), and as regards details of fees payable, look in the left-hand menu and click on "Fee changes with effect from 1st April 2005". Unfortunately you cannot avoid paying those increased fees.
John

veritasen
Newly Registered

Post by veritasen » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:29 pm

Cheers John...

veritasen
Newly Registered

Post by veritasen » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:32 pm

John,

I need to apply for both me and my wife so Will I come under "Naturalisation Joint 6(1) -£336 (includes two separate ceremony fees)" ?

thanks..............

John

Post by John » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:55 pm

Hi, yes that is right .... if both of you are applying at the same time ... a joint fee of £336 appears to be payable.

In other words, an application fee of £200, plus 2 x £68 for the Citizenship Ceremonies.
John

veritasen
Newly Registered

Post by veritasen » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:59 pm

thanks for the info John