ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online British citizenship - Absence miatake

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chahal
Newly Registered
Poland

Online British citizenship - Absence miatake

Post by Chahal » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Hello,
I have a question as I am left really confused after completing my citizenship application. While filling it in in the part about time spend outside the country I thought that they are asking above it the 6 months or longer period of absence so I had put ‘no’ where they had asked “Have you had any trips outside of the UK?”
I had filled an online application and already send it and payed all fees when I checked again and realised that they might actually want all the details of all the holiday time I had within last 5 years outside the UK. It’s been only 3 days since I submitted the application so I am wondering if there is a way I could provide them with the information regarding my holiday time or contact anyone within the HO to get advice and help with it... is there anyone out here who might have a better idea on what to do and is whiling to help??
Thanks a lot for any suggestions!
And have a good evening !

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Online British citizenship

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:59 pm

Chahal wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:37 pm
Hello,
I have a question as I am left really confused after completing my citizenship application. While filling it in in the part about time spend outside the country I thought that they are asking above it the 6 months or longer period of absence so I had put ‘no’ where they had asked “Have you had any trips outside of the UK?”
I had filled an online application and already send it and payed all fees when I checked again and realised that they might actually want all the details of all the holiday time I had within last 5 years outside the UK. It’s been only 3 days since I submitted the application so I am wondering if there is a way I could provide them with the information regarding my holiday time or contact anyone within the HO to get advice and help with it... is there anyone out here who might have a better idea on what to do and is whiling to help??
Thanks a lot for any suggestions!
And have a good evening !
Maybe you should write HO using the postal address for paper application below with an explanation. Include details of your absence and your application case ID

Department 1
UKVI
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online British citizenship - Absence miatake

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:25 am

@ Chahal - kindly refrain from multiple posts of the same question in other topics.

You have started this topic and received a response, please continue in this topic regarding this query you have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:37 am

Hi

If you have applied online, you should have a reference number. I will advise do send them in writing that it was a mistake and take a print out of paper form, fill those details and send it over.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

Chahal
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Chahal » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:00 pm

Thanks for help 😊

Chahal
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Chahal » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:06 pm

Hi again thank you all for all the helping advice I just received my approval letter today and all my support documents have been send with it so I m very happy. I do have one question tough the letter states that home office keeps life in the uk result certificate for their record but I got certificate back so I m wondering if the maybe was a mistake on the home office part I should return it to them. What do you all think ? Thanks again

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:44 am

Chahal wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:06 pm
Hi again thank you all for all the helping advice I just received my approval letter today and all my support documents have been send with it so I m very happy. I do have one question tough the letter states that home office keeps life in the uk result certificate for their record but I got certificate back so I m wondering if the maybe was a mistake on the home office part I should return it to them. What do you all think ? Thanks again
Congratulations. Would you mind sharing your timeline please

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:30 am

Chahal wrote:
Congrats!
Recommend you send it back after the ceremony, as then you will be finally British and won't need the LITUK certificate. As always keep a copy of everything you send,just in case.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Chahal
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Chahal » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:14 pm

TheRock9 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:44 am
Chahal wrote:
Congratulations. Would you mind sharing your timeline please

Thanks
Thanks yeah no problem

Eligibility criteria: 5 years residence + 1 year PR
Language Criteria: Trinity B1
Nationality : EU
Method of application: online + documents send by post
Date of application: 13 April 2018
Payment method: debit card
Date of acknowledgement: 13 April 2018 (Email)
Date of debit of fees: 13 April 2018
Date of Biometric letter issued: 13 April 2018
Date of Biometric letter received: 13 April 2018
Date Biometrics enrolled: 16 April 2018
Date of Docs submitted: 17 April 2018
Date on Approval letter: 19 june 2018
Date of receipt of approval: 26 june 2018
Date of receipt of ceremony letter:

Chahal
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Chahal » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:15 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:30 am
Chahal wrote:
Congrats!
Recommend you send it back after the ceremony, as then you will be finally British and won't need the LITUK certificate. As always keep a copy of everything you send,just in case.
Thnaks