ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming housing benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

himu
Newly Registered

Claiming housing benefit

Post by himu » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:27 am

Hi everyone,

I have had many advice from this site and I am grateful to all.Now I am here again to get help.I hope some one will help me this time too.

I am now a British Citizen, my wife is from Non EEA and she is on spouse visa for 30 months. I have a 7 months old daughter who is by born a British citizen.

My wife does not work . I am working full time and earning around £22000 in a year. I am claming child benefit and jointly claiming tax credit. I’m living in a tiny room in a shared house. I want to rent a one bed room flat and claim housing benefit since I can not afford to pay all rent bills and council taxes. I have also applied and got registered in 2 council for social housing.

My question is if I rent a 1 bed room flat and claim housing benefit will it affect my wife visa application for extension?

Other question is If I win a council flat after bidding and live there with my wife and daughter will this affect my wife visa application?

I hope some one will give me some advice on my current situation.

Thank you