ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship querry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ultravox
Newly Registered

citizenship querry

Post by ultravox » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:11 pm

i was wondering what level of checks the HO does in connection with pass or pending convictions for the good character requirements. Up in scotland there is the criminal record service with 3 levels of checks,namely basic,standard and enhanced..Does the HO contact all the different police headquarters ?Thanks in advance

John

PNC

Post by John » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:17 pm

Surely there is a Police National Computer system. Isn't that what they would check?

Of course the part of the application form for naturalisation dealing with criminal matters should be completed accurately. Of course not suggesting for one moment that you or anyone else would complete the form incorrectly.

More detail :-

Police National Computer
John

ultravox
Newly Registered

Attn John

Post by ultravox » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:24 pm

thanx for your prompt response . what i would like to know is that is there a way of checking the record before making an application just to make sure of the spent convictions or any pending inquiry? your help much appreciated

sfgirl

NI experience

Post by sfgirl » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:54 pm

I just recently completed the process in Northern Ireland and since the British and NI computers apparently don't speak to each other, what happened was that the HO contacted me and asked me to request that a copy of my (fortunately non-existent) police record be forwarded to the HO. This cost me a tenner and was released under Freedom of Information. I would imagine that you could request your own file from the Scottish police.