ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationality Fees (updated)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Joseph
Member of Standing

Nationality Fees (updated)

Post by Joseph » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:11 pm

Below are some more updated Nationality fees expected to be effective April 1
Fee Changes With Effect From 1st April 2005
I am here: Home > Applying > British Nationality > Fee Changes With Effect From 1st April 2005

IMPORTANT

Subject to Parliamentary Approval

FEE CHANGES FROM 1st APRIL 2005

The nationality fees will change as detailed below:

Naturalisation 6(1) - £268 (includes ceremony fee)
Naturalisation 6(2) - £268 (includes ceremony fee)
Naturalisation Joint 6(1) -£336 (includes two separate ceremony fees)
Adult Registration - £188 (includes ceremony fee)
Minor Registration(s) - £200 (Single/Multiple Applications)
Renunciation - £120
ROA - £120

For further information please contact the Nationality Helpdesk on 0845 010 5200.
Joseph

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:12 am

oh they have increased by about 60 pounds

what do we get in the ceremony do! is it like a banquet or a buffet??

John

Post by John » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:51 am

The current fee for naturalisation applications is £218 so the increase to £268 represents an increase of £50.

Rogerroger asked :-
what do we get in the ceremony do! is it like a banquet or a buffet??
That is totally down to the local authority in your area. However I suspect that you will be sorely disappointed if you are expecting a wonderful banquet or anything like that. However you cannot avoid paying the citizenship ceremony element for naturalisation applications so look upon it like this ...... well this is our experience anyway.

My wife attended her citizenship ceremony last June here in Birmingham. Also her daughter, my step-daughter, was there and given her Certificate of Registration. The ceremony was great .... the Lord Mayor did a wonderful job making everyone feel so at ease and welcome.

The refreshments afterwards? Tea/coffee and a few biscuits ..... served in a wonderful room in Birmingham's Council House .... the same room as used by the G8 people, Clinton etc etc, a few years earlier.

So, value for money? No ..... but nevertheless something we shall all remember for ever.
John

sfgirl

ceremony wasn't bad

Post by sfgirl » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:58 pm

We got a hot finger buffet at Hillsborough Castle in Northern Ireland. I was very cynical about the whole thing but in the end am glad that I had to go. The ceremony was formal but very very relaxed at the same time and everyone was first class.