ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

irana2015

FLR(M)

Post by irana2015 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:05 pm

Dear members,

I am currently on tier 1 entrepreneur extension completing my 10 years completing on 2nd September and will go for same day premium appointment within 28 qualifying period in Aug. Also, I am completing my tier 1 ENT 5 years in June and same as my wife as a dependent but wont take risk due to number of silly refusals nowadays so I decided to go for 10yrs LR. I am aware my wife;'s clock reset to another 5 yrs :(

My wife is switching to FLr(M) and she has already taken B1. If I look at 04/2018 FLR-M form its only shows to select A1 or A2 and no option to select ABOVE?

Can you please advise if B1 is still acceptable as its higher but where to fill this on the form?

Many thanks- IR

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR(M)

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:44 pm

irana2015 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:05 pm
Dear members,

I am currently on tier 1 entrepreneur extension completing my 10 years completing on 2nd September and will go for same day premium appointment within 28 qualifying period in Aug. Also, I am completing my tier 1 ENT 5 years in June and same as my wife as a dependent but wont take risk due to number of silly refusals nowadays so I decided to go for 10yrs LR. I am aware my wife;'s clock reset to another 5 yrs :(

My wife is switching to FLr(M) and she has already taken B1. If I look at 04/2018 FLR-M form its only shows to select A1 or A2 and no option to select ABOVE?

Can you please advise if B1 is still acceptable as its higher but where to fill this on the form?

Many thanks- IR
Whichever route (5 years/10years) towards ILR you are willing to opt the necessary documents proving that you were abiding by the conditions of your visa can be requested by the caseworker.
A1 test is for intitial and A2 test is required for extending spouse visa. But B1 test is for ILR but still that one can be used in earlier stages of spouse visa as long as the test has been taken from HO approved list of centres and types.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:01 am

Thanks for the reply but I am still confused there is no option over FLR-M to tick that we are attaching B1 test with the application. The only options are A1 and A2- thanks

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:05 pm

Hi seniors members,

As per my last post please advise how to fill in FLR (M) form about b1 test from trinity college?

thanks- IR

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:30 pm

Doesn't it just ask "What is the CEFR level you are required to meet?"

Submitting a higher level approved test is acceptable.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:37 pm

irana2015 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:01 am
Thanks for the reply but I am still confused there is no option over FLR-M to tick that we are attaching B1 test with the application. The only options are A1 and A2- thanks
As per common sense simply click on relevant level of test (A1/A2) then in additional info section simply explain that you are attaching higher level which is B1.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:55 pm

Thanks Vinny. It is in the form asking what is the CEFR level you required and then A1 (tick box) and A2 (tick box).

Thanks seagul-
I am afraid common sense does not work all the time especially when UKVI comes to silly reasons. I am happy to select A1 but there is no section to explain saying this is B1 higher level etc....to be on a safe side .

Many thanks- IR

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:59 pm

Appendix FM-SE wrote:Evidence of English Language Requirements
27. The evidence required of passing an English language test in speaking and listening (at a minimum of level A1 or A2 (as the case may be) of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) with a provider approved by the Secretary of State, where the applicant relies on that pass to meet an English language requirement, is confirmation on the on-line verification system operated by an approved English language test provider, as specified in Appendix O to these Rules, that:
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

irana2015

Post by irana2015 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:11 pm

Thanks Vinny- This makes perfect sense (this means I will be ticking A1 and adding the unique reference number as per below on the application form).
Graded Examinations in Spoken English / Trinity College London / A1 A2 B1
2 years- For tests taken on or after 6 April 2015: no document required (scores will be verified using the Trinity College, London online verification system using a unique reference number which should be stated on the application form).

Kind regards- IR