ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Mal111 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:19 pm

katia
have you claim social welfare in past ?
4 years is just unreasonable.

Katia18
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Katia18 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:08 pm

Hi mal111
I have a special need child so im getting a care allowance that's all but my husnand is working .

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:42 pm

do you work your self?

bobu2kadu

Post by bobu2kadu » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:07 pm

Hey there, I am sure this year you will hear good news and surely become Irish. All the best to you and keep faith :)

Katia18 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:32 pm
Hi i have been waiting for 4 years no criminal offence so each time its a new story so i call them today for an update they that they are working on it and preparing a letter to send it to me and that i will receive it with in two days .
I was just wondering is that possible they will request further documents😱i asked her if it was a decision but she reply that she doesnt know ?anyway its 4 years now im used to them now expecting l unexpectable 😊

Katia18
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Katia18 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:21 pm

Mal111
No im not working but doesnt mean you hold the application for 4 years since 2014 and not giving you a valid reason for that i rather prefere a refusal unstead of letting me waiting for 4 years that's called a tortutre.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:37 pm

in my view these shouldn't be the reasons of delay however I think they are the reason for delay or else why would they delay your application for 4 years.
I have been waiting for almost 2 years I can up to some extend understand your frustration.
I wish the letter they said they send you is your approval letter so let us know :) .

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:17 pm

I phoned today was told that it’s been sent to the minister but thy dnt knw when a decision would be made could take a while from what I understood.
She said it’s out of this office now.
Asked if there was a chance I’d make it to next ceremony and of course she said there’s no chance.
I got an email response yesterday saying continues to be processed. After been told a couple of weeks ago it was being prepared for submission.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:26 pm

Cz2015 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:17 pm
I phoned today was told that it’s been sent to the minister but thy dnt knw when a decision would be made could take a while from what I understood.
She said it’s out of this office now.
Asked if there was a chance I’d make it to next ceremony and of course she said there’s no chance.
I got an email response yesterday saying continues to be processed. After been told a couple of weeks ago it was being prepared for submission.
I think based on what I am hearing in this forum, You can not believe what they are saying to you, every week they are saying something different. I have been told two month ago that it is final stage and hear from them soon. I phoned today and they told me that it is ready to be submitted to minister and there is no chance for the next ceremony. I believe they are intentionally delaying some applications and most of us for no reason. it could the E-mail response more reliable. from which team you got your email response.

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:33 pm

My heart goes out to you guys it must be frustrating waiting this long and still no decision on your application. Fingers crossed you will get your approvals very soon. As for me, the day i was told my application was at the final stages was the same day someone else from the department told me I was still in the second stage. The way she sounded it appeared that my application has not been moving since 2017. After 7-8 months waiting for a response since my acknowledgment letter, I received a second letter stating my application has been initially accessed and has proceeded to the second stage. Which made me realise I was not in the final stages as I was told earlier and I would not be hearing from the department in the next four weeks as they suggested.

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:14 pm

Hello Guys,

I would like to share my experience. I applied for citizenship since june 2016 and still waiting. I phoned them on monday this week a lady on phone said me the same this" We are waiting for the Garda reports on your file" and she said we might ask you some documents and we will submit to the minister. I asked her about this ceremony so she clearly said we are not working on old cases so no hope for the next month ceremony. It's extremely heartbreaking. Everytime you ring them they tell you different story. Not showing you a clear picture.I am not hoping for this ceremony anymore.
Thanks

Adelizzy1
Newly Registered

Post by Adelizzy1 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:36 am

I am thinking of getting lawyers involved. Because at this stage they are just being so rude! it looks like they don't have a clue what they are doing! someone applied and got approval within 7 months, I've applied since last year february!! Over a year, and not a straight forward answer!! it is unjust and either we all do something about it because this forum isn't going to help that much.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:09 am

rockyguy wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:14 pm
Hello Guys,

I would like to share my experience. I applied for citizenship since june 2016 and still waiting. I phoned them on monday this week a lady on phone said me the same this" We are waiting for the Garda reports on your file" and she said we might ask you some documents and we will submit to the minister. I asked her about this ceremony so she clearly said we are not working on old cases so no hope for the next month ceremony. It's extremely heartbreaking. Everytime you ring them they tell you different story. Not showing you a clear picture.I am not hoping for this ceremony anymore.
Thanks
I don't know what to say. It seems that responses we are getting via the phone is rubbish. Maybe you should seek the update on your application via email as they will be more careful about giving inconsistent answer because they could be used against them in case the applicant decided to file a case against them. For example, if they told you by email that your application has been submitted they will not be able to say after two weeks it is not. I think that there is no strong reason for freezing our applications and I am quiet sure they are treating some applications differently. If they a clear reason for refusing our applications they will do so they don't have these reasons now and for this they only delay the applications.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:24 am

Exactly the silly its extremely rare that they reject an application unless you are not eligible or u can't provide something they ask.

For most people they simply waste time , there is a guy here i heard they wasted a lot of time on him . just because he had an "empty" file in the police. With lawyer they told him about it and when they checked he was in fact just a witness in street and the police just put his name with no information at all. he had no criminal record . So i think a lawyer can be useful. at some point (with a cost ).

For the guy with 4 years get a MP and lawyer involved already more than 2 years is insane when people are getting approved it in 2 months .we saw it last year in September.

About calling its just a customer service they can say anything really. I worked in a similar depart 2 year you call people and you cant give any hint of what is going on.

They can only answer basic questions. unless you are lucky enough to get someone nice and willing to help.

Katia18
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Katia18 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:02 am

Hi broli
I have been waiting for decision for 4 years applied in 2014 very old case i have been following this forum since 2013 i think im the oldest one here.
I have no criminal recorde ,no trffic offence always obey the law .i was a witness of a crime happend in my state i was the one who called the police for a women in danger that's all but do you thing if they had someting agains me they not writte to me ?
I have had always different reply in the email how can the file be from well advanced to still on process .i have saved all those emails , i didn't applied with a lawer i didn't see the point of it .i was seeking advise from other association but no result just giving you hope and wait and see.we all know citizenchip it's a privilege but why letting people waiting for reply for so long without giving them the reasons of that delay.i was so frustrated in a while but now im used to it .hope everyone get their decision without delay .i think everyone deserve respect in this world.

eu2irishman
Newly Registered

Post by eu2irishman » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:22 am

Hi Guys - Morning. Is anyone planning on calling the helpline today? Would you mind posting the replies you got.

hassaanhaque
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hassaanhaque » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:44 am

I spoke to a Solicitor and she advised that if there is an unreasonable delay (beyond 2 years) they can under the freedom of information act put a request in to look at your file. My application is also pending for almost 1.5 years. If I do not get a response by September, I will be seeking Solicitors assistance.

Katia18 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:02 am
Hi broli
I have been waiting for decision for 4 years applied in 2014 very old case i have been following this forum since 2013 i think im the oldest one here.
I have no criminal recorde ,no trffic offence always obey the law .i was a witness of a crime happend in my state i was the one who called the police for a women in danger that's all but do you thing if they had someting agains me they not writte to me ?
I have had always different reply in the email how can the file be from well advanced to still on process .i have saved all those emails , i didn't applied with a lawer i didn't see the point of it .i was seeking advise from other association but no result just giving you hope and wait and see.we all know citizenchip it's a privilege but why letting people waiting for reply for so long without giving them the reasons of that delay.i was so frustrated in a while but now im used to it .hope everyone get their decision without delay .i think everyone deserve respect in this world.

hassaanhaque
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hassaanhaque » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:20 am

I just called the Citizenship department, they advised that they are waiting for a report to be returned to them.

Mihaelame
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Mihaelame » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:45 pm

Hi guys,
I have been a silent reader for some time now. I tought i'd just share my own experience.
I've applied in Oct 17, got the confirmation letter and the passport returned about a week later.
Following letter was received at the start of February saying that i was at stage 2.
At the end of March i rang looking for an update. I was told they were checking if i was a good character and i should hear from them before May's ceremony. I then rang on Tuesday the 17th and i was told that the application has not been submitted yet as they have not received the Garda report yet. The lady said there was no way i would be in the next ceremony. I went home and i bought myself flights to go back to my country and renew my passport. I get home tonight to find the approval in the post dated.....well 17th of April!
So my advice would be to step back, relax and not think about it! There's no point to look for info as even if u get it, it might not be accurate.

Best of luck to everyone!

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:15 pm

So may best to stop calling them for anything related to delay only email which is again what i said customer service there is quite useless

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:00 am

I agree with you. We shouldn't trust them whatever they say on phone.Some guy told me yesterday there is many people got their approval yesterday so there is still a chance for us. I am also waiting since nearly 2 years and i have been told the same rubbish garda reports/checks. All we have to do is wait and trust on GOD. till the first week of may we can get the approvals if not then next ceremony hopefully :)

Cheers

Grace620

Post by Grace620 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:53 am

Rockguys be positive my house mate got approval yesterday after 2 years , as broli said best way to send them email or register post.

Best of luck
Regards Grace

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:03 pm

Hi Folks,
First, congrats to all who got approvals here as I saw some of delayed applications have been approved last week.
For me, I have emailed the citizenship office two days ago and I got the following response from Team 4
"Your application continues to be processed. While it is not possible to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been reached.
Regards
Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 4"

It is clear that they are not aiming to finish my application for this ceremony and I don't why. It is good that it is now with team 4 as I think this team is the one responsible for submission as I was receiving replies from Team 1 for long time.
------------------
Applied Aug 2016 based on 5 years residence- Second stage letter 03-2-2017

faraan2
Newly Registered

Post by faraan2 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi There

I emailed them today they told me the same stuff, they keep repeating the same CD all the times before i use to receive emails and letters from Initial processing team but in Feb 2018 i got the reply from team 2 but today i got email replied from team 4 .
Sep 2017 my solicitor wrote them the reminder letter about my citizenship application they replied the following
your client naturalisation application is being processed in the normal way With a view to establish whether the Statutory  condition for the granting naturalisation and will be submitted to the minister for decision when processing is complete. Initial Processing team.

This year Feb i requested my solicitor to remind them again and he wrote them a letter which i got reply from them,

I Wish to Inform You That The Status of Your Client's Naturalisation Application Remain as per our letter September 2017. Processing team 2.

I really don't know what to do as there is no reason is giving for delaying application. 

eu2irishman
Newly Registered

Post by eu2irishman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:28 am

Hi Guys - Did anyone receive any update recently? We received the standard template mail on Friday saying that the application continues to be processed and the last time we called the application was waiting for a Garda report.

Kindly post your updates incase you call them or receive an email from them.

Thanks
:D

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:38 am

No update since I received the second letter