ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police Certificate Remarks Date

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Peted
Brazil

Police Certificate Remarks Date

Post by Peted » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:22 am

Hi,

I moved to a different address in January. On the very same date of the move I went to the police to update the certificate. The lady asked me when I'd moved and I said it was that very same date, which she wrote in one of her forms (not my PRC). She wrote down the new address on her form and on the certificate (from the tenacy agreement). She made a mistake with the post code. I pointed it to her and she ammended it. Looked horrible, but fixed. Then she stamped the certificate, horrible ink! So she stamped again and it got even worse. One could barely read the stamp. She said it was ready and I left, very frustrated with that poor quality document remark.
One day later I noticed there was no date in the remarks about the change of address in the certificate. I went back to the station and asked them to add the date. They said they would not do it because it was not necessary as they had it on record. A month later I went back again, as I'd really feel better if they wrote the date I reported the move so that I can prove that I'm complying with the conditions of my visa if I am required to do so. I got the same answer as before: no.

I know they have it on record, but I would like to have it too. It's my police certificate! It's so simple, just a date! Now I'm afraid of traveling abroad and being stop at border because all I have is a certificate which is badly written and with no date of the change of address and report to the police, just the address and a horrible (doube) stamp. I'd like it to match the day I actually moved and also the day I informed the Home Office my new address.

Am I being paranoid or overthinking this?
Or is this really a potential problem?
What else can I do? Go to the OVRO?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Police Certificate Remarks Date

Post by sah10406 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:08 am

Peted wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:22 am
Am I being paranoid or overthinking this?
Yes. If you are anxious, discuss it with the international student adviser at your university.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.