ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time away while on Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Eagle123

Time away while on Tier 2 General

Post by Eagle123 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:01 pm

Hi All,

I am planning the trip to study abroad for 3-4 weeks. I will be taking annual leave for 2 weeks and my employer agrees to allow me to work for 2 weeks remotely. I need to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in January 2019 and just wonder if 3-4 weeks of continuous absence can be an issue? I am aware of 180 days allowed to be away and I won't be anywhere near to exceed it but just want to double check with the experts here.

Also, just wondering if you can get unpaid leave while on Tier 2 General?

I plan to switch the employer in the next 3 months. And most likely I will be over my holiday allowance with the current employer, which I am going to compensate from my salary, which means I technically take some unpaid holiday days. Can it be a problem when I apply for ILR or as long as I don't exceed the numbers of allowed days to be away and meet other requirements I will be fine?

Any advice, feedback much appreciated. Thank you and good luck to those who apply now.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Time away while on Tier 2 General

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:38 pm

Eagle123 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:01 pm
Hi All,

I am planning the trip to study abroad for 3-4 weeks. I will be taking annual leave for 2 weeks and my employer agrees to allow me to work for 2 weeks remotely. I need to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in January 2019 and just wonder if 3-4 weeks of continuous absence can be an issue?

No problem. Just need to mention in the employer letter about remote working.

I am aware of 180 days allowed to be away and I won't be anywhere near to exceed it but just want to double check with the experts here.

Also, just wondering if you can get unpaid leave while on Tier 2 General? Yes. No more than 28 days authorised by the employer. Should your employer produces you a letter for any unpaid leave.

I plan to switch the employer in the next 3 months. And most likely I will be over my holiday allowance with the current employer, which I am going to compensate from my salary, which means I technically take some unpaid holiday days. Can it be a problem when I apply for ILR or as long as I don't exceed the numbers of allowed days to be away and meet other requirements I will be fine?

You will be fine.

Any advice, feedback much appreciated. Thank you and good luck to those who apply now.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Eagle123

Re: Time away while on Tier 2 General

Post by Eagle123 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:26 am

Thank you very much for your help!

Much appreciated!